British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Ipswich 25/07/24

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If the updates are correct, can't understand why Rowe got more rides than Wojdylo?

Because he was better imo.

Fully expected a bigger win for Ipswich tbh,so we'll done to the 4 Lynn boys.Kerr was very poor,Cook a bit better.If Basso was fit you could have seen Lynn winning this one.Where was Brennan tonight?I hope Lynn asked him to guest.

Rew certainly liked the slick track tonight,he is certainly in a rich vein of form at the moment.Emil was Emil,although I didn't expect him to drop a point.King done very well,he does have a liking for our track.

Iversen done well,Kvech was ok,but we desperately missed the topl 3 for sure.

Nice to catch up with TT tonight,shame his flight was delayed and the train broke down but he got there for the last few races.I did ask if he still had his kevlars,to which he said yes.So I told him to get them on and get out there.He couldn't do no worse than our no1 tonight.

Well only Sheffield on Monday,who imo are stronger than Ipswich so we need to pick better guests.At least there are 3 teams not riding.Would take Rew on  tonight's form.

7 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Fully expected a bigger win for Ipswich tbh,so we'll done to the 4 Lynn boys.Kerr was very poor,Cook a bit better.If Basso was fit you could have seen Lynn winning this one.Where was Brennan tonight?I hope Lynn asked him to guest.

Rew certainly liked the slick track tonight,he is certainly in a rich vein of form at the moment.Emil was Emil,although I didn't expect him to drop a point.King done very well,he does have a liking for our track.

Nice to catch up with TT tonight,shame his flight was delayed and the train broke down but he got there for the last few races.I did ask if he still had his kevlars,to which he said yes.So I told him to get them on and get out there.He couldn't do no worse than our no1 tonight.

Well only Sheffield on Monday,who imo are stronger than Ipswich so we need to pick better guests.At least there are 3 teams not riding.Would take Rew on  tonight's form.

I offered him a pint after the meeting, but he said Buster had it covered ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Fully expected a bigger win for Ipswich tbh,so we'll done to the 4 Lynn boys.Kerr was very poor,Cook a bit better.If Basso was fit you could have seen Lynn winning this one. Where was Brennan tonight?I hope Lynn asked him to guest.

Have a well earned rest hopefully! Zach needs the track time, I am sure he appreciated the guest booking. Have to remember he isn't top 2 in Champ yet. So scoring 5 is not too bad imo. If you going to compare him to his Birmingham score, he knows the track better there and was in a second string position. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Have a well earned rest hopefully! Zach needs the track time, I am sure he appreciated the guest booking. Have to remember he isn't top 2 in Champ yet. So scoring 5 is not too bad imo. If you going to compare him to his Birmingham score, he knows the track better there and was in a second string position. 

No need to get defensive,I'm not knocking him as he was pretty much the only one available.I think we knew he wouldn't score what he got at Birmingham.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Zach isn't good enough. And neither is Kerr. If they give Kerr a place, which is what i was told, then is just going through the motions. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 hours ago, Shano101 said:

Jenkins in the last heat is a weird one for me, I’d always push for Emil even if you’ve won, you want to make the bonus point as easy as possible. Good night for the lads though! Rew has turned a corner in England and in Poland!

Richie Hawkins taking the piss, that’s all it is 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

You don't think Witches are concerned about Lynn at home do you?

But do think it's a shame for the fans who've paid to get in not to see the top riders out again.

Well it's down to Buster that Tobi M wasn't there...

55 minutes ago, therefused said:

Richie Hawkins taking the piss, that’s all it is 

Thought it was a bit more embarrassing for Ipswich that they couldn't at least hit 55 against a team with Kerr and Cook as their heat leaders.No matter what way you dress it up Ipswich and many Lynn fans expected you to get 55+ last night,that's why there were so many of your fans there last night.They knew it was an easy meeting to get the points.I haven't seen that many Ipswich fans there since the 80's/90's.I bet if Basso and Klindt were there you would have seen only a third of what was there last night.

• Haha 2

Few observations. Great crowd last night and the track was like a billiard table and perfectly watered. 
thought lynn battled well with a depleted team and fought hard. Rew was much much improved from his may showing. 
surprised Buster did such a extensive track grade after heat 12 as the track was then similar to heat one. Ipswich had the best gates and just gated and kept it on the kerb.  I’m sure had no grading had been done lynn may have done better in heat 13 

heat 15 was a major disappointment i think for both sets of fans. To be denied to see Emil and keynan in the last race  is poor as we are paying to see the top scorers race not the team managers favourite. I’m sure the lynn fans would rather see Emil again. 
Buster after the meeting had a massive grin on his face which considering he had lost at home to the local rivals surprised me but I’m sure the decent crowd done wonders for the bank balance.  
all in all a good well fought battle between both teams. With the right result at the end. 

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Thought it was a bit more embarrassing for Ipswich that they couldn't at least hit 55 against a team with Kerr and Cook as their heat leaders.No matter what way you dress it up Ipswich and many Lynn fans expected you to get 55+ last night,that's why there were so many of your fans there last night.They knew it was an easy meeting to get the points.I haven't seen that many Ipswich fans there since the 80's/90's.I bet if Basso and Klindt were there you would have seen only a third of what was there last night.

How many Ipswich fans did you speak to to know that they expected to get 55+ last night. There were so many of us there last night as we thought Buster needed some money after all the called off meetings this year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don’t buy that explanation.  It’s like expecting steak and chips and getting a manky cheese sandwich instead. Disappointing end to a great evening. 

16 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I don’t buy that explanation.  It’s like expecting steak and chips and getting a manky cheese sandwich instead. Disappointing end to a great evening. 

Disagree with you totally. The meeting was won, and we have a cup final and the play offs to come. This is the very track that we lost our number 1 and STILL haven’t managed to replace him. Both Emil and Rew are both hugely important to any success we’re hoping to have this year. Lose either and it’s season over. You don’t risk either if you don’t need to, I’m sorry but that’s just bonkers to do so. I understand people being disappointed at not seeing them, but you have to be sensible here. If Emil was put in heat 15 last night when he wasn’t needed and he picked up an injury, I can guarantee this forum would be flooded with people this morning slaughtering Hawkins. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trees said:

Ellis would've been a better shout ......

Why? The meeting was over. Hawkins has explained his decision which at the end of the day, is his to make and the only one that matters. Jenkins had only had three rides because he was replaced in an earlier ride when the result was still in doubt. Giving him his fourth ride when the meeting was already won makes sense to me. He’s the one rider we have that seems to be struggling and a little low on confidence, so they gave him his 4th ride to try and get him going and get a confidence boost and by all accounts, despite not beating a Lynn rider he rode well in 15? So that may have been achieved. I understand people want to see the best riders as often as possible, that’s obvious. But sometimes you have to get over your disappointment and try and understand why certain decisions like last night are made. We have bigger fish to fry and have already struggled to navigate missing riders through injury pretty much all season. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why? The meeting was over. Hawkins has explained his decision which at the end of the day, is his to make and the only one that matters. Jenkins had only had three rides because he was replaced in an earlier ride when the result was still in doubt. Giving him his fourth ride when the meeting was already won makes sense to me. He’s the one rider we have that seems to be struggling and a little low on confidence, so they gave him his 4th ride to try and get him going and get a confidence boost and by all accounts, despite not beating a Lynn rider he rode well in 15? So that may have been achieved. I understand people want to see the best riders as often as possible, that’s obvious. But sometimes you have to get over your disappointment and try and understand why certain decisions like last night are made. We have bigger fish to fry and have already struggled to navigate missing riders through injury pretty much all season. 

We are going to have to agree to disagree.  If they wanted to boost Jordan’s confidence maybe put him in gate 2 in heat 15 rather than the graveyard gate 4. 
Whilst you would expect to win at home in the second leg surely you want to build a big as lead as possible? 
if the riders only rode for Ipswich I could understand trying to protect them but most of them ride in 2or 3 different leagues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash said:

How many Ipswich fans did you speak to to know that they expected to get 55+ last night. There were so many of us there last night as we thought Buster needed some money after all the called off meetings this year.

There were so many of you there because you expected an easy result.As I said earlier if Klindt and Basso was there,there would have only have been a third of you there as the result could have gone either way.So I reckon at least two thirds were expecting an easy win.As I said Ipswich haven't travelled in numbers like that in 30 years to Lynn.