British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Ipswich 25/07/24

I thought teams had to declare their line up 3 days before the meeting. With King's Lynn team on the Ipswich website having  2 guests TBC and nothing on the KL website at all, will this meeting even take place. Surprised Ipswich haven't got a guest for Doyle (Scotty or Brennan) and be more cutthroat like Sheffield last night at Birmingham getting Fricke in. If they didn't I think they may have lost last night with RR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bash said:

Surprised Ipswich haven't got a guest for Doyle (Scotty or Brennan) and be more cutthroat like Sheffield last night at Birmingham getting Fricke in. If they didn't I think they may have lost last night with RR.

Everyone bar Brummies are riding so really only Freddie that would be better than r/r, or maybe Brennan.

assume scotty not available as Hawkins said we’d use him whenever he is available, he’s not nearly a strong a guest at 1 away from Foxhall either 

34 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Everyone bar Brummies are riding so really only Freddie that would be better than r/r, or maybe Brennan.

assume scotty not available as Hawkins said we’d use him whenever he is available, he’s not nearly a strong a guest at 1 away from Foxhall either 

Was told Lewi Kerr is a guest at 1. We only have 6.16 for Tobi until we sign a replacement for him, i believe. Don't think Tom is available, might be wrong though.

used to be the case that when both sides were using R/R they cancelled out and teams had to field a junior rider (their no 8 I think ) With the current fixed race nights  and the shortage of gusts maybe this rule should be reinstated. It would at least provide spectators with 7 man teams.

KL could use  Palm-Toft or Lampart ? Palm Toft an ex KL rider  might be the best option.

32 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

1 Kerr (G)

2 R/R (Basso)

3 Iversen

4 Guest

5 Kvech

6 Wojdylo

7 Rowe

thats definitely the team, just don’t know the 2nd guest yet 

But you’d imagine it will be Palm Toft, Z.Cook or Lampart (outside chance of Brennan)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

But you’d imagine it will be Palm Toft, Z.Cook or Lampart (outside chance of Brennan)

Zach cook my bet, he said last night in his interview he hasn’t had much riding time and seemed pretty down beat about it. Felt for him, he done bloody good last night. 

5 hours ago, Bash said:

I thought teams had to declare their line up 3 days before the meeting. With King's Lynn team on the Ipswich website having  2 guests TBC and nothing on the KL website at all, will this meeting even take place. Surprised Ipswich haven't got a guest for Doyle (Scotty or Brennan) and be more cutthroat like Sheffield last night at Birmingham getting Fricke in. If they didn't I think they may have lost last night with RR.

A shoddy, unprofessional approach from Buster (again)

Should be made to run with 2 NDL riders

6 hours ago, MP78 said:

So most likely King and Ellis is heat 13… be odd to not see Emil in that one

Yeah, I was confused when I saw the riding order announced. Mind you 1+5 for Lynn could actually be one of their weaker pairings, so less need for Sayfutdinov to be in heat 13.

Edited by szkocjasid

4 hours ago, Shano101 said:

Zach cook my bet, he said last night in his interview he hasn’t had much riding time and seemed pretty down beat about it. Felt for him, he done bloody good last night. 

Well he definitely has this week! Only days he isn't riding is today and Sunday! 

• Like 1

You would hope Kerr and Cook would want to impress with a view to one of them joining on a permanent basis. Could help make this a close meeting and difficult to call, although think Ipsh*t will just nick it unfortunately 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

You would hope Kerr and Cook would want to impress with a view to one of them joining on a permanent basis. Could help make this a close meeting and difficult to call, although think Ipsh*t will just nick it unfortunately 

Deary me how old are you Kelvin?

• Like 2

Despite being patched up, I think Kings Lynn have a shot in this meeting... a couple of riders with a point to prove perhaps and looking to put themselves in the shop window... both reserves are also cracking at AFA... 

Emil will of course be very hard to beat and the Witches are reliant on Ellis and King bouncing back from a poor showing last week at Leicester.  

Should make for a good watch :D

15 minutes ago, Aries said:

Deary me how old are you Kelvin?

Still a few that don't like a good bit of good old banter then.Sadly dying out now for fear of upsetting someone.Take a little bit of banter on the chin and get on with life.Christ we have to put up with the old webbed feet,6 fingers etc,all just a bit of fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1