British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Ipswich 25/07/24

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Nobody seems to have been able to explain why they're not riding against Leicester or Ipswich tonight? Max Fricke is even guesting for Sheffield at Birmingham tonight!

Makes no sense does it ? Personally I think buster and Dale have completely fallen out of love with it all and just can’t be bothered, they are just going through the motions now and that will be it come the end of the season…… if not before 

1 minute ago, Gasser90 said:

Makes no sense does it ? Personally I think buster and Dale have completely fallen out of love with it all and just can’t be bothered, they are just going through the motions now and that will be it come the end of the season…… if not before 

If that is the case there should be some kind of "administratian" come in from BSPL central to take control of the club and see through the fixtures until the end of the season as the goings on at King's Lynn bring the whole sport into disrepute a bit like when businesses get into financial difficulties and appoint administrators.

3 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Totally agree about Buster. Not sure about Dale, but Lynn need a fresh start next season, if someone can be found. It's a shame Alex Brady and Buster had a fall out.

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Totally agree about Buster. Not sure about Dale, but Lynn need a fresh start next season, if someone can be found. It's a shame Alex Brady and Buster had a fall out.

It's a shame [INSERT NAME HERE] and Buster had a fall out

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

either way lynn wouldn’t be in this position if they had at least tried to run some meetings earlier in the season.

As a speedway fan I’m going to Lynn on Thursday, like I said earlier there is riders available to guest, yes they may not be as good as the three that are missing but it’s still live speedway for me at the end of the day, 

First part, 100% agree, calling off matches due to missing riders is never a good idea, who knows what the weather will be like later in the season. Let alone if there would be further injury problems.

Second part great attitude to have, just because they have guests and/or are weaker than normal, doesn't mean you won't get any good racing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Anyone can put a side together but is it right to the actual paying punters to do that??

Of course it'll suit Ipswich & their fans as they're not paying to watch it, they just want the points, as they're desperate to top the table.

At the same time, King's Lynn surely have the right to hire adequate guests & with only Birmingham (and their sh!te riders) available, there is a justification to call this one off imo.

But there isn't a single Monday or Thursday between now and the play-offs when both teams are available. So if it is called off then we probably get a meaningless fixture in October after the Grand Final.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Nobody seems to have been able to explain why they're not riding against Leicester or Ipswich tonight? Max Fricke is even guesting for Sheffield at Birmingham tonight!

I think Lynn have missed a great opportunity to get a fixture out of the way tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

If they call off Thursday I’m not sure where they are going to fit it in. If they did a bit of a shuffle with the meetings they could go home and away with Ipswich on august bank holiday Monday and move the Birmingham fixture if brum have a spare day, 

either way lynn wouldn’t be in this position if they had at least tried to run some meetings earlier in the season. As a speedway fan I’m going to Lynn on Thursday, like I said earlier there is riders available to guest, yes they may not be as good as the three that are missing but it’s still live speedway for me at the end of the day, 

anyway lynn have supposedly got 2 new riders coming in next week anyway 

Theres a bit of a problem , but it would be great entertainment to watch on Aug BH Monday .

Sayfutdinov & NKI going one way round the AFA and the big van bangers going the other way around at the sametime, 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Theres a bit of a problem , but it would be great entertainment to watch on Aug BH Monday .

Sayfutdinov & NKI going one way round the AFA and the big van bangers going the other way around at the sametime, 

Should have made it a double header while there was a crowd in! And the track may have been race-able too!

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, iainb said:

Should have made it a double header while there was a crowd in! And the track may have been race-able too!

He's missed a trick there :unsure:

Image result for chatting shit stiring funny gif

Edited by Bald Bloke

17 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Some say elbow, i read somewhere  else that it was a broken shoulder.. No doubt someone on here will be able to confirm.

I saw an X-Ray Ben posted on FB - think it was Saturday - that he said had been done in Poland confirming broken shoulder despite UK one on Thurs evening saying nothing broken.  Think it was on a Toktok or Reel so can’t find it again.  Hope that helps. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

anyway lynn have supposedly got 2 new riders coming in next week anyway 

Don't say things like that on here without disclosing a source & putting up screen shots of WhatsApp, signed contracts & flight schedules. You'll have the 'BullSh!+' mafia coming soon.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't say things like that on here without disclosing a source & putting up screen shots of WhatsApp, signed contracts & flight schedules. You'll have the 'BullSh!+' mafia coming soon.

That's probably down to the amount of BullSh!+ on this forum!

Just now, NickH114 said:

I wonder if Lynn have asked Lindgren to guest.

Someone will know, but i think being as Tobi's 28 ban is over and we haven't replaced him, we have 75% of his average for a guest, which is 6.16.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Pride of the east podcast I don’t know if any of them are on here but I’m sure that’s what was said, anyway we shall wait a see I guess ! 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Pride of the east podcast I don’t know if any of them are on here but I’m sure that’s what was said, anyway we shall wait a see I guess ! 

I know 2 are. 

Edited by Bald Bloke