British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Ipswich 25/07/24

7 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If this situation with tobi went to court the BSPL would not have a leg to stand on. 
it just needs a brave promoter to take on the cartel. 

B/vue did and won :t:

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If KL are blocking the Witches from using TM then I would hope they encourage the team to refuse any guest bookings...

Not gonna be easy to tell a rider to refuse a payday though

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If this situation with tobi went to court the BSPL would not have a leg to stand on. 
it just needs a brave promoter to take on the cartel. 

Nobody ever has or will take the matter to court. The costs of a defended action would be huge 

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If KL are blocking the Witches from using TM then I would hope they encourage the team to refuse any guest bookings...

Now then,2 wrongs don't make a right,or so I was told by someone who liked your post.:rolleyes::lol:

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Now then,2 wrongs don't make a right,or so I was told by someone who liked your post.:rolleyes::lol:

If only it were only 2 wrongs - even you lot in Norfolk don't have enough fingers and toes to keep up with that count ;)

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, iainb said:

Musicylak has already served his 28 day suspension and I don't believe King's Lynn own his contract. If the SCB don't issue any further sanction he should be free to ride. 

There's a free Monday tomorrow night yet Lynn are not using it to fulfil any outstanding fixture!

1 point each for a postponed fixture is something I've been banging on about for years also. 

1 point each for postponed fixture due to weather makes sense. However if kings Lynn postponed because of rider availability it should be 2 points to the away team. There plenty of riders about that they could choose from 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrss said:

Even dropping into the championship won’t solve Kings Lynns problems, in my opinion there isn’t enough riders in this country to fill all the team places.

I think there is more than enough riders to fill premiership teams. 

kerr 

mountain 

z cook 

hume 

kemp 

s.lambert 

MPT 

that’s just a few, you get 2 foreign riders in that list above and you’ve got yourself another team

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

I think there is more than enough riders to fill premiership teams. 

kerr 

mountain 

z cook 

hume 

kemp 

s.lambert 

MPT 

that’s just a few, you get 2 foreign riders in that list above and you’ve got yourself another team

are any of them adequate replacements for Musielak, Klindt or Basso?

I fully get the hate towards King's Lynn Speedway & especially Buster Chapman. 

But surely some thought has to be given to the home fans that are actually gonna turn up.

It's not acceptable to put on a meeting at these admission prices & have that standard of rider posted above as replacements of Musielak, Klindt and Basso.

Is there better available from the Championship??

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

I don't think Thursday will go ahead and it would seem Kings Lynn will pull out from the league with a view to operating in next years Championship 

Not yet it seems..

FIXTURE UPDATE - King's Lynn Speedway - The Home of the Stars (kingslynn-speedway.com)

18 minutes ago, therefused said:

are any of them adequate replacements for Musielak, Klindt or Basso?

I never said they was adequate, but people say there’s not enough riders in British speedway. There clearly is, if you had 2 foreign riders plus 4 from the list above you could have a team. I didn’t say anything about them replacing the injured riders at lynn 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gasser90 said:

I never said they was adequate, but people say there’s not enough riders in British speedway. There clearly is, if you had 2 foreign riders plus 4 from the list above you could have a team. I didn’t say anything about them replacing the injured riders at lynn 

Anyone can put a side together but is it right to the actual paying punters to do that??

Of course it'll suit Ipswich & their fans as they're not paying to watch it, they just want the points, as they're desperate to top the table.

At the same time, King's Lynn surely have the right to hire adequate guests & with only Birmingham (and their sh!te riders) available, there is a justification to call this one off imo.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I fully get the hate towards King's Lynn Speedway & especially Buster Chapman. 

But surely some thought has to be given to the home fans that are actually gonna turn up.

It's not acceptable to put on a meeting at these admission prices & have that standard of rider posted above as replacements of Musielak, Klindt and Basso.

Is there better available from the Championship??

They could do the unthinkable and lower the admission prices... or how about just actually staging a meeting now and again?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

They could do the unthinkable and lower the admission prices... or how about just actually staging a meeting now and again?

If they call off Thursday I’m not sure where they are going to fit it in. If they did a bit of a shuffle with the meetings they could go home and away with Ipswich on august bank holiday Monday and move the Birmingham fixture if brum have a spare day, 

either way lynn wouldn’t be in this position if they had at least tried to run some meetings earlier in the season. As a speedway fan I’m going to Lynn on Thursday, like I said earlier there is riders available to guest, yes they may not be as good as the three that are missing but it’s still live speedway for me at the end of the day, 

anyway lynn have supposedly got 2 new riders coming in next week anyway 

7 minutes ago, ProperSport said:

I’ve arranged a short 5 day family break in Norfolk to tie in with visiting Kings Lynn ( only current track not visited ) and seeing this thread and the weather forecast looks like it might not happen ? 

Forecast looks okay...

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/u12k15uws#?date=2024-07-25

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gasser90 said:

If they call off Thursday I’m not sure where they are going to fit it in. If they did a bit of a shuffle with the meetings they could go home and away with Ipswich on august bank holiday Monday and move the Birmingham fixture if brum have a spare day, 

either way lynn wouldn’t be in this position if they had at least tried to run some meetings earlier in the season. As a speedway fan I’m going to Lynn on Thursday, like I said earlier there is riders available to guest, yes they may not be as good as the three that are missing but it’s still live speedway for me at the end of the day, 

anyway lynn have supposedly got 2 new riders coming in next week anyway 

Nobody seems to have been able to explain why they're not riding against Leicester or Ipswich tonight? Max Fricke is even guesting for Sheffield at Birmingham tonight!

• Like 1