British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Sheffield - 22nd July

Who's the track man at Birmingham? 

Every time management from Birmingham are interviewed they say the track isn't as expected. Surely they should consider sacking him and getting a professional in. 

Professional tracks should never see a blue groove - it's abysmal. 

2 minutes ago, Liontamer said:

Is anyone else having problems with the picture breaking up? Coverage has been crap tonight. 

Yes same here, I thought tv licensing had finally got me but sounds like everyone is having the same issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Liontamer said:

Is anyone else having problems with the picture breaking up? Coverage has been crap tonight. 

A technical trial tonight that has not worked out as expected another cost saving move that shows things sometimes be left as they are 

10 minutes ago, Dave_minall said:

Who's the track man at Birmingham? 

Every time management from Birmingham are interviewed they say the track isn't as expected. Surely they should consider sacking him and getting a professional in. 

Professional tracks should never see a blue groove - it's abysmal. 

Think it's the bloke in the top hat.

Track surface was a complete joke, meeting itself apart from the odd race was just gate and go and quite why it wasn’t watered properly is beyond me.

Closeness of the meeting was the only thing that kept the interest but Sheffield got the killer blow in heat 12 and it just left the Brummies with an impossible job.

They should never have got rid of Zach Cook that’s very clear, Ermolenko clearly hasn’t got a clue and Tolley just looks ridiculous.

• Like 1

Such a shame foe Birmingham they couldn't have Zach Cook every week.

... what ? They  chose to get rid of him!!!

PS has Pawlicki's finger been relocated yet?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave_minall said:

Just checked, it's John Priest. 

P45 please! 

I think that they don’t put enough water into the track the previous day and early on a match day. 
also the water bowser isn’t good enough. It’s more of a sprinkler. 
I think Poole and Oxford suffer from the same problem. 

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I think that they don’t put enough water into the track the previous day and early on a match day. 

Think Birmingham may suffer with access to the stadium because of the Greyhound meetings.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Another reason to give a P45.

The track wasn't looked after well enough despite looking alright to begin with. It's a huge shame because the lack of a professional track man is hampering the team performance and therefore the crowds. 

10 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

They should never have got rid of Zach Cook that’s very clear, Ermolenko clearly hasn’t got a clue and Tolley just looks ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Such a shame foe Birmingham they couldn't have Zach Cook every week.

... what ? They  chose to get rid of him!!!

It wasn't obvious who do drop, but Zach Cook certainly wasn't my pick to get the boot.

Edited by szkocjasid

Birmingham is a crazy place. You’ve got the owner going around like a poor man’s Gandalf. There sacked rider guesting and had a good night and ended winning rider of the night. Another meeting where the “track” is the issue. Lampart going from a man on form in his first two rides to struggling to pass wind for the rest of the night. Freddie’s comments at the end about positivity and team work in the pits with Paco etc being in there, is that a dig at those missing not being “team players”. I thought Lynn was bad….