British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Sheffield - 22nd July

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Pawlicki is just taking the P#ss,watched him yesterday in Poland 6 rides in pits camera’s didn’t show up any thing out of the ordinary in between races.would be scared to miss Polish meeting though.

Maybe it's the technical nature of British tracks that aggravates his injuries?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

So why do some of these Polish riders bother? Is it because they are offered silly money simply to turn up and in doing so laugh at UK speedway so that the likes of Pawlicki are sticking two fingers up at the sport in this country and more importantly showing total disrespect for fans and in doing so those of his ilk believe they are more important than the sport in UK.
It is unbelievable that these guys seem to pick  and chose when they ride so have a real lack of commitment to the English club and seem to have decided that they will ride only if you you have an r in the month or I can’t make because my big toe hurts. From what we have seen so far, they have done enough to make the decision easy for any right minded business who should kick the rider out and publicise exactly why they had to take such action.
Be open and honest with the fans in the UK.

Poland have already decimated racing in this country with race days that suit themselves ( yes I like watch Polish racing and the packed stadia) but that does not mean I feel happy that the powers that be in this country simply roll over and take what is dealt out by the Polish authorities and allow riders to take the punters money back to Poland to boost their pension or whatever and leave the sport in this country on the verge of extinction. Those at all levels of authority and ownership in the sport need to get a grip.

It’s not all the poles but pawlicki has form for not turning up, he got sacked from wolves 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

It’s not all the poles but pawlicki has form for not turning up, he got sacked from wolves 

I was trying to be diplomatic but clearly failed. I agree and when I look back at the Poles that rode for Ipswich, those days were so different but I guess the influence of the Polish authorities and clubs has some impact on the behaviour of some riders. Still it is sad that a dull meeting in Poland can still engender excitement with a packed stadium, but over here you can have some good racing but with no atmosphere due to lack of spectators, it takes the edge off the sport from a t v perspective and it would be better if the cameras were not present. I don’t know the answer but I still feel that the sport lacks strong leadership and is simply treading water. Dramatic changes are needed but I guess it will not happen until you have very few tracks left.

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

So why do some of these Polish riders bother? Is it because they are offered silly money simply to turn up and in doing so laugh at UK speedway so that the likes of Pawlicki are sticking two fingers up at the sport in this country and more importantly showing total disrespect for fans and in doing so those of his ilk believe they are more important than the sport in UK.
It is unbelievable that these guys seem to pick  and chose when they ride so have a real lack of commitment to the English club and seem to have decided that they will ride only if you you have an r in the month or I can’t make because my big toe hurts. From what we have seen so far, they have done enough to make the decision easy for any right minded business who should kick the rider out and publicise exactly why they had to take such action.
Be open and honest with the fans in the UK.

Poland have already decimated racing in this country with race days that suit themselves ( yes I like watch Polish racing and the packed stadia) but that does not mean I feel happy that the powers that be in this country simply roll over and take what is dealt out by the Polish authorities and allow riders to take the punters money back to Poland to boost their pension or whatever and leave the sport in this country on the verge of extinction. Those at all levels of authority and ownership in the sport need to get a grip.

What happened with Pawlicki and Brum tonight ?

9 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Christ, how many are there?500?

Probably that many pigeons but not spectators unless you count those in the surrounding flats sitting on the balconies. The sport really needs to drop main channel coverage and allow BSN or others to stream live. Sparse crowds are doing so much damage given the chalk and cheese situation when even lower leagues in Poland attract more spectators. Accept the fact that sport cannot compete with Poland and move on.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Over 30 minutes for 4 heats lasting less than a minute each…

Well...

Many moan that they only get 15 mins racing....:D

3 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Probably that many pigeons but not spectators unless you count those in the surrounding flats sitting on the balconies. The sport really needs to drop main channel coverage and allow BSN or others to stream live. Sparse crowds are doing so much damage given the chalk and cheese situation when even lower leagues in Poland attract more spectators. Accept the fact that sport cannot compete with Poland and move on.

Bringing in the GP lads has certainly made a massive difference to crowds haven't they? :rolleyes:

The crowds dwindled when they all rode over here, taking the majority of the Sky money..

Therefore. What gave those in charge the belief that all would be good with expensive GP riders back again? 

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Bringing in the GP lads has certainly made a massive difference to crowds haven't they? :rolleyes:

The crowds dwindled when they all rode over here, taking the majority of the Sky money..

Therefore. What gave those in charge the belief that all would be good with expensive GP riders back again? 

Agree but you do not need GP riders to attract respect and put bums on seats, just get Emil to turn up and you really appreciate how good it can be. You want to be entertained and rarely is that happening but that does not solve the fundamental problem, speedway simply does not excite enough people to part with the cash to watch it live. It needs to be more than 15 races and should be part of a spectacular with the league meeting being part of an event be it other speedway disciplines or short track etc. speedway as a sole form of entertainment in this country will not attract enough income from turnstile receipts, it needs more umph and someone with enough louse to drive it forward, not the dinosaurs who oversee the product.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Those flats are still empty btw after 2 years since they been built 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

Those flats are still empty btw after 2 years since they been built 

Oh well, I was hoping the spectator numbers would improve but thanks for clearing that up, back to the pigeons for pushing the spectators up. Are they empty because of the raucous crowd following for the Brummies?

1 minute ago, Hawk127 said:

Agree but you do not need GP riders to attract respect and put bums on seats, just get Emil to turn up and you really appreciate how good it can be. You want to be entertained and rarely is that happening but that does not solve the fundamental problem, speedway simply does not excite enough people to part with the cash to watch it live. It needs to be more than 15 races and should be part of a spectacular with the league meeting being part of an event be it other speedway disciplines or short track etc. speedway as a sole form of entertainment in this country will not attract enough income from turnstile receipts, it needs more umph and someone with enough louse to drive it forward, not the dinosaurs who oversee the product.

Team Speedway ran in the Mickey Mouse way it is over here has no chance of success...

Regardless of who rides over here...

Nice to see Max tonight helping Sheffield into the play offs...

The fans of Leicester must be delighted for the Tigers...:D

• Like 2