British Speedway Forum

Aces v Oxford

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Where have you been lol!

I only saw both teams on Thursday night, when Kemp was riding.  Ever since it feels like I've been dealing with Crowd Strike.

49 minutes ago, Col said:

I only saw both teams on Thursday night, when Kemp was riding.  Ever since it feels like I've been dealing with Crowd Strike.

Belle Vue website still has Kemp at #2.  It also says "OXOFRD" :D

https://www.bellevue-speedway.com/blog/latest-news-2/meeting-preview-belle-vue-v-oxford-307

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Credit to Oxford tonight score line doesn’t reflect the efforts. Some of the best racing I’ve seen at nss this year. 

I'd disagree & say the scoreline reflected the efforts of a weak team.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Brilliant team changes. Not!

Ps I don't blame Killeen, he scored as well as a Championship reserve can be expected to.

that's the third team change and every time the team seems to be getting weaker :rolleyes: - no tac sub till too late bonus point thrown away 

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Bonus point was looking questionable all meeting but Belle Vue won it in fantastic heat 15, great racing throughout with Oxford riders getting stuck in.

I thought aggregate bonus had been lost after Lidsey's spill and the consequential Spires 1-5 in heat 3.  I've seen better spectacles at the NSS.  Janowski is very hot & cold.  Dodgy team management on both sides, Voulas should have replaced Mulford (who I don't think is the answer to Ace's RS gap) in heat 8 and Oxford should have used TS in heat 9.  Thought Kurtz was going to come off going so wide in the really deep stuff on bend four on laps 2 & 3 of heat 15, Bewley did him no favours as they entered the second lap that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, Col said:

I thought aggregate bonus had been lost after Lidsey's spill and the consequential Spires 1-5 in heat 3.  I've seen better spectacles at the NSS.  Janowski is very hot & cold.  Dodgy team management on both sides, Voulas should have replaced Mulford (who I don't think is the answer to Ace's RS gap) in heat 8 and Oxford should have used TS in heat 9.  Thought Kurtz was going to come off going so wide in the really deep stuff on bend four on laps 2 & 3 of heat 15, Bewley did him no favours as they entered the second lap that's for sure.

RS is protected in heat 8 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

As someone else said Mulford couldn't be replaced in heat 8. If he's not the best RS option for Aces, who would you pick?

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd disagree & say the scoreline reflected the efforts of a weak team.

Not sure what you were watching.   

The scoreline certainly didn't reflect the efforts of a very competitive Oxford team.  They were in it right up to the last 3 heats, and favourites for the bonus point going into heat 13.   It was only a fantastic finish from the Aces and an incredible heat 15 which denied them the extra point.

5 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Not sure what you were watching.   

The scoreline certainly didn't reflect the efforts of a very competitive Oxford team. They were in it right up to the last 3 heats, and favourites for the bonus point going into heat 13. It was only a fantastic finish from the Aces and an incredible heat 15 which denied them the extra point.

I didn't see the match, my comment was based on the point - just because a team puts in an amazing effort - doesn't mean the score will show that.

Most of the Oxford riders got a decent score imo, therefore the reason for the bp loss is because they're not a strong team.

• Like 1