British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Scunthorpe Scorpions K.o.c 24th July

This coming Wednesday sees the recently arranged 1st Leg of the k.o.c between the Pirates and the Scorpions. 

The Scorpions being the current cup holders,defeating the Pirates over 2 legs in last seasons final.

Can we get revenge?

The Scorpions have several riders who go well around Wimborne road,  including Jake Allen, Simon Lambert and Michael Palm Toft and Kyle Howarth.

Connor Mountain has had good and bad meetings at Poole and they have also ex Pirate Nathan Ablitt.

Not sure if Luke Harrison has ridden at Poole or not.

We will need to be on our A game for the full 15 heats to take a decent lead up to the Eddie Wright Raceway whenever  the 2nd Leg is arranged.

Thoughts?

No Douglas this season!!:D Not sure about the fitness of Mountain or Foord?

51-39 for me - but it may come down to track prep with a very mixed forecast from now til Wednesday............!

NB. Season tickets NOT valid for this fixture!!

Edited by Skidder1

59 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No Douglas this season!!:D Not sure about the fitness of Mountain or Foord?

51-39 for me - but it may come down to track prep with a very mixed forecast from now til Wednesday............!

NB. Season tickets NOT valid for this fixture!!

Where you get the mixed forecast from Skidder? :unsure:

This is the Met Office which looks pretty settled :t:

Screenshot_20240720-144419_1.png

1 hour ago, Shaleshifter said:

This coming Wednesday sees the recently arranged 1st Leg of the k.o.c between the Pirates and the Scorpions. 

The Scorpions being the current cup holders,defeating the Pirates over 2 legs in last seasons final.

Can we get revenge?

The Scorpions have several riders who go well around Wimborne road,  including Jake Allen, Simon Lambert and Michael Palm Toft and Kyle Howarth.

Connor Mountain has had good and bad meetings at Poole and they have also ex Pirate Nathan Ablitt.

Not sure if Luke Harrison has ridden at Poole or not.

We will need to be on our A game for the full 15 heats to take a decent lead up to the Eddie Wright Raceway whenever  the 2nd Leg is arranged.

Thoughts?

Luke hasn't ridden there yet looking forward to it hopefully be fully fit after last night's crash 

• Like 2

I'm sure the Boyzzzz will be full of buzzing confidence after the result at Redcar to take into this meeting vs Scunthorpe.

Tricky team to overcome are the Scorpions as we av previously found out but this is a different day so I reckon @Steve Shovlar 52-38 to us Pirates!

Hope Vinnie is able to take his place but I'm sure Max will be ready if he's unable to.

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

4 hours ago, lbw said:

Where you get the mixed forecast from Skidder? :unsure:

This is the Met Office which looks pretty settled :t:

Screenshot_20240720-144419_1.png

The Met Office is never settled!;) a mix of showers and sun tomorrow, Mon and Tues.!

Raining on and off all day today!

Edited by Skidder1

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The Met Office is never settled!;) a mix of showers and sun tomorrow, Mon and Tues.!

So long as me flat white is settled come race day, nothing worse than a shaken flat white! :D

Edited by lbw

2 hours ago, lbw said:

So long as me flat white is settled come race day, nothing worse than a shaken flat white! :D

waffle , waffle , waffle ... put another record on . yer boreing so and so .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, j2ohh said:

waffle , waffle , waffle ... put another record on . yer boreing so and so .

The adventures of me & the famous flat white av now got official recognition for outstanding contribution to speedway folklore. :t:

The one before and after Scunthorpe will I'm sure taste very sweet :D

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, lbw said:

I'm sure the Boyzzzz will be full of buzzing confidence after the result at Redcar to take into this meeting vs Scunthorpe.

Tricky team to overcome are the Scorpions as we av previously found out but this is a different day so I reckon @Steve Shovlar 52-38 to us Pirates!

Hope Vinnie is able to take his place but I'm sure Max will be ready if he's unable to.

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

Too late.