British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh v Workington Championship 19th July 2024 7.30pm

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Ask danny king,Billy.

I have to disagree here. Unless you're calling Vuolas and a couple others incapable as well. There was an issue on that bend and unfortunately it resulted in danny king getting injured and vuolas shortly after.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lewy said:

McGurk is a danger to himself and anyone on the track the same time as he is.

You really are a massive pr..k, Sam like a lot of lads is trying hard to make a successful career out of speedway, sometimes they just get it wrong, do you actually think bewley, lambert and especially Bart got it right every single time,  they just got into a habit of going around the pits saying sorry to move experience riders and that’s what Sam and all the young riders have learned to do since time immortal, try being in Sam’s shoes last night travelling home, do you actually think he would have been delighted? Do everyone a favour and keep your comments to yourself unless they are helpful to young lads please .

• Like 8

Moral is, things happen that are outwith anyone’s control. Neither Celina or Claus intended missing the meeting and poor Sedgy was wiped out by Sam’s wayward bike. As has been mentioned, the meeting at Worky wasn’t cancelled when we were left without Josh & Lasse so what is all this nonsense about cancelling the meeting?  Personally, I knew nothing until I arrived at the stadium and I would’ve been pretty annoyed if it had been called off without a raindrop in sight.
It was great to see so many Worky supporters still full of high spirits at the end and also cheering on the youngsters, well done to the Meteors

Get well soon Sedgy, no dancing on the table for a while lad

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

Moral is, things happen that are outwith anyone’s control. Neither Celina or Claus intended missing the meeting and poor Sedgy was wiped out by Sam’s wayward bike. As has been mentioned, the meeting at Worky wasn’t cancelled when we were left without Josh & Lasse so what is all this nonsense about cancelling the meeting?  Personally, I knew nothing until I arrived at the stadium and I would’ve been pretty annoyed if it had been called off without a raindrop in sight.
It was great to see so many Worky supporters still full of high spirits at the end and also cheering on the youngsters, well done to the Meteors

Get well soon Sedgy, no dancing on the table for a while lad

You're clutching at straws here pal. Yes you we're missing your number 1, but Lasse was replaced by Sam Hagon who is arguably better.

We were missing Tate, which wouldn't have been so bad if we had a full team as they all could take a ride, but we didn't. We had one poor quality NDL rider and a rider who doesn't even have an NDL team and would struggle in that league.

The point is we had no chance of competing. You had a full team of championship level riders. There's no comparison here so stop while you can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Normally the SCB sign off their statements with a we will not be making further comment on this matter type of statement and now they're going to war with a journalist that has done more to get the sport column inches in the national papers in this country than most... well played!

Edited by iainb