British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh v Workington Championship 19th July 2024 7.30pm

Yeah rather unfortunate, just about to set off though! All about the bonus point now, think we will still come away with the point.

Laylen Richardson moves to No.4 and Mason Watson guests at No.6

Cookie and Batchelor probably on for 6 rides each

Shame that Workington are so depleted, could have been a cracking match, Vissing generally does well at Edinburgh, thankfully Glasgow's new guy arrived yesterday or we would have been in a similar position

Well glad I’m not wasting my time travelling up for this. Keeping hold of the bonus point is a massive ask now. No rain spotted around Armadale? B) 

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Good job Vuolas was guesting for Sheffield last night otherwise he prob not made it over either! Unless he is based here anyway. 

Antti based locally and was guesting at Oxford for belle Vue FYI

Edited by Neila

1 hour ago, eide67 said:

From Monarchs website:

A further blow for the Comets came with the news that Claus Vissing cannot be in attendance, the former Monarch man's flight to the UK being grounded by the global IT issues affecting many, at time of writing Claus' replacement had not been confirmed.

And not a burger in sight.

Seems as though, as per Cookies twitter, Workington had asked for a restaging. Edinburgh obviously refused this. While it seems sensible because of what’s happened, if you’re Edinburgh, you want it on no matter what.

Edited by CTD26

I know there's contractual commitments involved but wouldn't bsn be better jumping ship to Glasgow or Redcar given the fact this is going to be a demolition now? 

Yes I know the guys will probs have been setting up before this was all known but can't see many buying that stream!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Seems as though, as per Cookies twitter, Workington had asked for a restaging. Edinburgh obviously refused this. While it seems sensible because of what’s happened, if you’re Edinburgh, you want it on no matter what.

He’s more than welcome to pay for riders travel costs that have already travelled over plus stadium rent along with other costs that have already been put in place for this evening. 

Celina missing makes no difference anyway, Watson as crazy as it sounds will have more of a chance of scoring, Vissing missing is a big miss.

To be honest can't blame Edinburgh 

Also there no8 is listed tonight aswell Jim McGregor 

Other teams would have went to bspa  and got it called off 

Very interesting to see how young Leyland handles it 

Still long way for the lad to go but the improvement from last year is a big surprise

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I know there's contractual commitments involved but wouldn't bsn be better jumping ship to Glasgow or Redcar given the fact this is going to be a demolition now? 

Yes I know the guys will probs have been setting up before this was all known but can't see many buying that stream!

Oh I don't know there's plenty of so called speedway fans will pay to see certain teams get a thumping 

While others just want a good entertaining meeting regardless of result 

7 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

To be honest can't blame Edinburgh 

Also there no8 is listed tonight aswell Jim McGregor 

Other teams would have went to bspa  and got it called off 

Very interesting to see how young Leyland handles it 

Still long way for the lad to go but the improvement from last year is a big surprise

What other teams would that be cause I highly doubt any team would.

Surely the best thing would be to call it off,we were called off at scunny a few year back because they had 1 rider missing all in the interests of the sport !As big a comets fan that i am i wouldnt travel to watch half a team.

Why should Edinburgh have to call the match off? Ipswich didn't get a match cancelled when Doyle was missing, neither did Oxford without Tungate.

What about fans who may have swapped around work shifts, or possibly booked hotels of travelling from Workington? Then there the Monarchs riders who flew over yesterday, who cover the cost of that flight if the meeting is cancelled & they have to race again?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Only if Workington go 6 points down.

so its a win,win situation for the marras . . .

36 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Surely the best thing would be to call it off,we were called off at scunny a few year back because they had 1 rider missing all in the interests of the sport !As big a comets fan that i am i wouldnt travel to watch half a team.

Your a part time supporter these days Geoff :D ont supporters but with 25 other daft comets fans. Just hope we score 29 points to get bonus point UTC

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Why should Edinburgh have to call the match off? Ipswich didn't get a match cancelled when Doyle was missing, neither did Oxford without Tungate.

What about fans who may have swapped around work shifts, or possibly booked hotels of travelling from Workington? Then there the Monarchs riders who flew over yesterday, who cover the cost of that flight if the meeting is cancelled & they have to race again?

Didn’t see a cry for the match at Workington to be called off as we were severely weakened without Josh and Lasse. 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neila said:

Probably from behind your fingers :D we will be lucky to get 25

Genuinely still believe you’ll get the bonus point. Cook and batch will surely be good for about 25 between them. As both will probably have 6 rides each. Then you’re only looking for 5 between the rest.