British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Scunthorpe CL 19/7/24@7-30pm

11 hours ago, Gazc said:

The seagulls ate it.

Shooting those seagulls should be an interval contest.

I have seen the video of Bomber in heat one from the starting tapes. He is clearly contacted, so I was wrong on that. None of us on the third bend saw that at the time.

45 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Shooting those seagulls should be an interval contest.

I have seen the video of Bomber in heat one from the starting tapes. He is clearly contacted, so I was wrong on that. None of us on the third bend saw that at the time.

All that beautiful coastline 30 minutes away and the seagulls hang about POSSIL

Scottish seagulls are classless.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

All that beautiful coastline 30 minutes away and the seagulls hang about POSSIL

Scottish seagulls are classless.

Did you know the seagulls in Grimsby fly upside down as there's nothing worth crapping on:D:D

Edited by Ian68
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just thought it was worth saying that last night's action was superb - proper speedway with all riders giving it 100% on a brilliant race track. With the medic assessing Chris after his frightening crash they sensibly brought forward the kids race and it was great to see so many youngsters take part. Maybe they could do that more often and I mean bring the kids race foward not Bomber crash! Special mention to Jack Smith promoted to the difficult no.2 position and young reserve James Pearson who would have had paid 10 but for a bike failure. Loved every minute of it.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Just thought it was worth saying that last night's action was superb - proper speedway with all riders giving it 100% on a brilliant race track. With the medic assessing Chris after his frightening crash they sensibly brought forward the kids race and it was great to see so many youngsters take part. Maybe they could do that more often and I mean bring the kids race foward not Bomber crash! Special mention to Jack Smith promoted to the difficult no.2 position and young reserve James Pearson who would have had paid 10 but for a bike failure. Loved every minute of it.

I'd like to see the kids race brought forward to 1915 :nono:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

I'd like to see the kids race brought forward to 1915 :nono:

Perhaps we  could have 2 races? One before the meeting for the toddlers and one for older kids after heat 10? And, as they can run quicker, the race won't take so long.:rolleyes:

Rob Godfrey having a whinge about Friday's meeting on BSPL website today. Don't think anyone else would be allowed to openly criticise the referee without sanction. 

As for the incidents he complains about:

1. Bomber fell on the first bend, most times the referee calls all four back.

2. Jack Smith might have moved but Connor Mountain's helmet touched the tapes.

3. Heat 14 Mountain and Ivacic's bikes locked together on the back straight and they fell on 3rd bend. From the refs box there's no way he can see who's moved in or out but he can assume that Mountain's footrest has stuck in Ivacic's bike. Therefore Mountain is the primary cause of the stoppage.

Sour grapes from Godfrey. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Rob Godfrey having a whinge about Friday's meeting on BSPL website today. Don't think anyone else would be allowed to openly criticise the referee without sanction. 

3. Heat 14 Mountain and Ivacic's bikes locked together on the back straight and they fell on 3rd bend. From the refs box there's no way he can see who's moved in or out but he can assume that Mountain's footrest has stuck in Ivacic's bike. Therefore Mountain is the primary cause of the stoppage.

That’s Speedway for you.Some can say or do what they like.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

To be fair as the Scunthorpe promoter he is always going to judge it in favour of his own team.

I have no issue with what he says it won’t change the outcome.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Funny failed to mention the 3 EFs from high scoring positions that more than evened out the decisions. Dry your eyes Rob, I won't try and bring up conspiracy theories while bringing up a conspiracy theory. Poor for your supposed top brass

6 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

If its in the interests of British speedway, well ........

7 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

The quotes"most times" and"assume" dont explain a ref,s decisions.

On 7/21/2024 at 5:22 PM, geoff100 said:

The quotes"most times" and"assume" dont explain a ref,s decisions.

Actually it does.

Most times referees take the easy option when there's a first bend incident, all four back. Even though apparently it's not in the rule book.

Without video evidence there's no way a referee can decide who moved in or out on the back straight. All he can do is use his speedway knowledge to decide who was the primary cause of the incident i.e. assume.

All of which indicate Willie Dishington did not make any egregious decisions.

15 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Actually it does.

Most times referees take the easy option when there's a first bend incident, all four back. Even though apparently it's not in the rule book.

Without video evidence there's no way a referee can decide who moved in or out on the back straight. All he can do is use his speedway knowledge to decide who was the primary cause of the incident i.e. assume.

All of which indicate Willie Dishington did not make any egregious decisions.

Did the ref not have any drone footage they could review ;-)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1