British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Scunthorpe CL 19/7/24@7-30pm

Well that's another mid season break almost over and we come back with a new line up . 

Banished to the speedway abyss are Paul Starke and Ace Pijper and keeping the NHS busy with his ears is Steve Worrall .

In come a Slovenian and a 36 year old rising star , plus our guest straight out the bookies , Ben Barker . 

20 points to make up for the bonus point , think we can forget that unless messes Howsrth , Palm Tree , Allen etc have off nights . 

I will happily settle for just winning the meeting , though I think it will be close .

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Well that's another mid season break almost over and we come back with a new line up . 

Banished to the speedway abyss are Paul Starke and Ace Pijper and keeping the NHS busy with his ears is Steve Worrall .

In come a Slovenian and a 36 year old rising star , plus our guest straight out the bookies , Ben Barker . 

20 points to make up for the bonus point , think we can forget that unless messes Howsrth , Palm Tree , Allen etc have off nights . 

I will happily settle for just winning the meeting , though I think it will be close .

Love your wit

54 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Interest how the Slovenian will perform, think Ashfield will suit him.Not sure about your ‘ rising star’,wish him well though.

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ben Barker was poor at Poole last night only scoring 6 from 5 rides. He's not fully fit - but who is? - His bikes sounded off too. Good luck.

I don't think he is fully fit either but little choice of guests, some that were tried were unavailable and with most teams racing on Friday leaves little scope, difficult when you have 2 newbies racing as well, shame about Stevie being ill, he was coming into some great form as well

• Like 2

For any Scunthorpe fan thinking of travelling to Glasgow, the good news is that summer has arrived in the city. This means its overcast, warm and clammy with sunny periods forecast to appear late afternoon. Think it would be a good time to visit as Tigers will be at their weakest, similar to when Scunthorpe hammered us a few years ago. We're having to hope that Jack Smith keeps up his good home form and that young James Pearson will once again impress. The question we're all asking is will Matic be the new Vadim or even Marcin or will he be an another Alexander Conda (remember him). its been that long might need a sat nav to find the track :lol:

• Haha 1

I'd be very disappointed if we lose this. Scunthorpe riders don't really have particularly strong ashfield records (Lambert's 17 point haul a few years ago apart) and with JP at reserve might actually strengthen us a bit. 

I personally might've put Leon at 5 tonight let barker ride at 3. Ivacic as an international rider should be more than capable of 7/8 points round ashfield, go for a 50-40.

On a side note, no meeting for 3 weeks and as of 10.30 on day of meeting no preview on the website. I get there's a couple posts on twitter but find that pretty poor

• Like 1

Lifted from the British Speedway site...

GLASGOW: Chris Harris, Jack Smith, Leon Flint, Matic Ivacic, Ben Barker (G), James Pearson, Jason Garrad.

SCUNTHORPE: Michael Palm Toft, Simon Lambert, Jake Allen, Connor Mountain, Kyle Howarth, Nathan Ablitt, Luke Harrison.

I heard Leon would be at 5, so they must have changed their minds. Personally, I would have preferred R/R, but with two new riders tonight, perhaps that was a gamble too far.

No good reason for us to lose tonight, even with Worrall out. James should do very well at reserve, Jack should be fine at 2, presumably it was Ivacic practicing yesterday so I’d expect him to get off to a good start as well. 

Worrall, Starke and Ace combined to average about 14 points in home meetings so far this year. Probably need Ivacic to score about 9 if we want to improve on that.

3rd home meeting in 10 weeks, hope those that saw the TV ads remember us after such a long period of nothingness. If we don't go 2h 2a next season I'll have to start supporting the Monarchs down the road just so I don't forget what speedway looks like.

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

3rd home meeting in 10 weeks, hope those that saw the TV ads remember us after such a long period of nothingness. If we don't go 2h 2a next season I'll have to start supporting the Monarchs down the road just so I don't forget what speedway looks like.

Its never that bad, ever. Try Berwick or Worky on the Sat first.

5 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

You could support their opponents...

8 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

I know how you feel. I flit between Ashfield and Armadale anyway but this 3 week layoff during July is not helpful in retaining the interest of potential fans.

8 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Tbh it would really help both clubs if fans went to watch the "other" team when their team wasn't racing at home.

• Like 1