British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Aces

Be interesting to see who rides for Aces at reserve ? both positions will need new riders oxford seem to be getting home wins but not convincing wins Aces lost a last heat decider last time without kurtz who is in great form paid max last night in Sweden I think with kurtz back Aces could win this 47-43 Bewley was quite good there last time on his 1st ever visit there hopefully oxford will be streaming this ? 

40 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Be interesting to see who rides for Aces at reserve ? both positions will need new riders oxford seem to be getting home wins but not convincing wins Aces lost a last heat decider last time without kurtz who is in great form paid max last night in Sweden I think with kurtz back Aces could win this 47-43 Bewley was quite good there last time on his 1st ever visit there hopefully oxford will be streaming this ? 

Oxford are streaming it.... https://livestream.oxfordspeedway.club/

• Like 1

More than likely attending this one, my first Aces away meeting for many a year though it does still fit my criteria of only attending if it doesn’t put me out so being nearby helps that. 

The general chatter on here is that it provides decent racing so I hope that’s the case win or lose. I’d rather have an entertaining meeting and lose than a gate ‘n’ go win. With the Aces in town and Harris, Wright & Tungate, I’m optimistic. 

8 hours ago, DJC said:

Surely Killen would be top of the RS list to guest at Oxford?

Surely he'd be bottom of the list, due to his loyalty to Oxford?

I'd imagine BV would use their own asset Jake Mulford, who was their rising star last season until getting injured and being switched for Connor Bailey.

Antti Vuolas would be my choice at No.6

18 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

I'd imagine BV would use their own asset Jake Mulford, who was their rising star last season until getting injured and being switched for Connor Bailey.

Oxford Speedway Supporters Facebook page says you are correct. Vuolas and Mulford though no confirmation from Oxford themselves.

Edited by Anzum
Spelling
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Didn’t expect him to do it but KIillen would have been the first call I would have made in Lemons place.

Don’t ask don’t get and all that! 

Mulford makes sense as he’s the perfect replacement for Bailey 

Busy few days in the air for Dan Bewley this week.

A mate of mine flew out to Wroclaw yesterday for a few days break - he's going to the Wroclaw v Torun match on Friday night - and Dan was on the same flight.

Dan told my mate that Wroclaw had called the team in for a practice session today, and so he (Dan) was then flying back to the UK afterwards for the Oxford v Aces match tomorrow night - and then back to Poland for the Wroclaw v Torun match on Friday.

Must win meeting for the Spires, Need to take advantage of BV missing both reserves.

A defeat tonight and the season is over for them imo.

On 7/17/2024 at 7:10 PM, RoundTheBoards said:

As at least half a dozen Oxford riders have ridden against Oxford this year, I don't imagine Killeen would've gotten much grief if he guested for the Aces.

I would've picked Killeen, but can also understand why Belle Vue would choose Mulford.

• Like 1

Marvelous. My third visit and second time track prep issues.  Kemp & Kurtz were certainly very tentative in heat 1 - too grippy I assume.

Just now, Col said:

Marvelous. My third visit and second time track prep issues.  Kemp & Kurtz were certainly very tentative in heat 1 - too grippy I assume.

Bends 3/4 look very wet and bend 1 was dusty. 
Great weather, good crowd, so bad to have extended grading after 1 heat. 

21 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Bends 3/4 look very wet and bend 1 was dusty. 
Great weather, good crowd, so bad to have extended grading after 1 heat. 

Track is not as wet as it was when Brummies were here last season.  It looked as if they'd put half the river Avon on it that night.