British Speedway Forum

Leicester v Ipswich July 18th

Great result for the Lions just about keeps us in the hunt for the play offs. Thought the crowd was not too bad either. I wouldn't worry too much Witches fans it was just an off night and Emil seems to be hitting top form again from what I saw last night. Once again I was very impressed Keynan Rew, still trying to figure out why his average is so low because everytime he comes to Leicester he seems to ride the track really well. Much better from Luke Becker as well, he looked on the pace and hopefully this is the turning point for him. What about heat 13 aye? That was some race and I haven't seen a race like that at Leicester this season, just shows if you attack the track at Leicested it can produce some really good racing. Just simply sensational stuff.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Agreed. When riders are prepared to attack the track we get decent races at BP. Hats off to Rew tonight because he was prepared to have a right old go. He is a long way off the finished article but clearly isn’t taken in by all the negative crap regarding the Lions track. The top riders and those who are destined to go to the top will see BP as a challenge and be mindful that the very best are able to handle the so called technical tracks. Throttle jockeys who love the big tracks (some apparently have dozens of racing lines) will have to adapt if they are to progress in the sport.

Glad to hear it was a good night of racing as I’ve been one of those who has taken a dim view of the circuit. 
Is there a stream to catch up or maybe you can fill in the blanks on the updates site? They only mention 8,12 & 13 where anything happened after part way through the first lap. 
Looking forward to the Aces visit now things are looking up racingwise. 

Went Last Night...Leicester were just better, it's that simple, no excuses from me, Emil apart and Keynan(9 Points from 7 rides)we were way off it and the best team deservedly won.

I have said all season this Leicester side was under achieving as on paper I think they are very strong, and last night riders like Becker, Lawson(I'd still have him in the Witches septet) were very consistent, and if they can put a run together thos Leicester side could have a huge say in the Play Offs. So No excuses from me, Well done the Lions.

And my moan sadly as a Witch is the same moan....Doyley has now been out for ages, and we continue with this guest situation, which I've said will comeback and bite us, and it does feel like the tide is turning.

Musielak as of last night is 100% Not an option, although he has declared he wants to ride for Ipswich. But clearly something is stopping that from happening.

We do need to bring in this Number 1, and we just have to keep the faith that Chris and Ritchie are working hard to get 1 in......But????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Went Last Night...Leicester were just better, it's that simple, no excuses from me, Emil apart and Keynan(9 Points from 7 rides)we were way off it and the best team deservedly won.

I have said all season this Leicester side was under achieving as on paper I think they are very strong, and last night riders like Becker, Lawson(I'd still have him in the Witches septet) were very consistent, and if they can put a run together thos Leicester side could have a huge say in the Play Offs. So No excuses from me, Well done the Lions.

And my moan sadly as a Witch is the same moan....Doyley has now been out for ages, and we continue with this guest situation, which I've said will comeback and bite us, and it does feel like the tide is turning.

Musielak as of last night is 100% Not an option, although he has declared he wants to ride for Ipswich. But clearly something is stopping that from happening.

We do need to bring in this Number 1, and we just have to keep the faith that Chris and Ritchie are working hard to get 1 in......But????

I'd take him anyday - he asked for a place at the end of last season but with Doyle and Emil in the plan there was no way he could be brought in but he could now for sure! isn't he tied to Kings Lynn although not in their side for now? I havent kept up to date with all the rider movements of late!

Good result for Leicester as previously said they havent been riding to the level we know their riders can but tonight they took full advantage and secured a bigger win than I expected for sure. Witches were bound to lose there at some point!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

54 minutes ago, ouch said:

Glad to hear it was a good night of racing as I’ve been one of those who has taken a dim view of the circuit. 
Is there a stream to catch up or maybe you can fill in the blanks on the updates site? They only mention 8,12 & 13 where anything happened after part way through the first lap. 
Looking forward to the Aces visit now things are looking up racingwise. 

When I got home I looked at proboards thinking what a great meeting it was. I was left thinking whoever sent in the race reports may have been watching a different meeting to me.

• Like 2

It was all streamed live on Lions TV £12.99… as do Oxford for all of their home meetings and sometimes Birmingham. It’s a shame all the teams don’t have their own live stream so we could see them just in case we can’t be there!

• Like 1

It's good that these clubs have their own streams but I think I heard that they can't stream if there is a eurosport match on the same night.

1 hour ago, Bash said:

It's good that these clubs have their own streams but I think I heard that they can't stream if there is a eurosport match on the same night.

On this video i saw all the action and all the passes. Eurosport should watch BSN and club streams to see how it should be done .Less is more all we want to see is as much of the action on screen as possible through out the race and not a camera switch every 2 seconds with close ups on board cameras and sky shots where they seem to miss most of the action and any passing in most races(Basically what you can see from the stands if you were there) .Eurosport cut your costs all you need is 2 or 3 cameras at most to film a race.

• Like 1

It's a shame that these streaming companies still can't film these meetings when clashing with Eurosport and then produce a dvd for people to buy if they missed the meeting