British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears vs Poole Pirates 19th July

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

It is a re-arranged fixture, was originally down as Round 7 on 1st June. Was then cancelled on 22nd June and this is the 3rd restaging.

The reason why is probably because it's still a Poland re-staging priority day

1.png

2.png

According to the above re Weekly Slot System, the Priority Days for PZM Liga 1 are Saturdays & Sundays.

As  Rybnik vs Gdansk is a Liga 1 fixture on this Friday, how does it have priority over Redcar vs Poole, given the UK fixture is not a rearranged match?

The only possible reasons I can think of are either Poole have agreed to this, or Brennan had a clause in his signing on agreement with Poole that his Polish domestic fixtures would always take priority when there was a fixture clash involving Poole.

Edited by cyclone

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'm struggling to see why Poole should have any facility if it's a pre arranged fixture and a rider is choosing to be elsewhere.

Depends if this 'FIM ruling' is genuine and what facility you are allowed when it is used. 

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

According to the above re Weekly Slot System, the Priority Days for PZM Liga 1 are Saturdays & Sundays.

As  Rybnik vs Gdansk is a Liga 1 fixture on this Friday, how does it have priority over Redcar vs Poole, given the UK fixture is not a rearranged match?

The only possible reasons I can think of are either Poole have agreed to this, or Brennan had a clause in his signing on agreement with Poole that his Polish domestic fixtures would always take priority when there was a fixture clash involving Poole.

Your reasoning is probably right.Riders are pulling the strings these days.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Tom Brennan now available for Pirates at Redcar on Friday as Rybnik v Gdansk is postponed! COYP>:t:

Fantastic news, will be a very happy pre meeting flat white on Friday :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lbw said:

Pirates gonna smash it tonight with a 48-42 WIN as we endeavour to remain on course for all things silver :D

I agree, narrow win for Poole as they go onwards to a trophy no one cares about. ;)

Edited by ch958