British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears vs Poole Pirates 19th July

I’m a bears fan, and much as I am disappointed we lost, the best team won because they have the ruthless winning mentality,Redcar are too nice, but let’s not kid ourselves, Poole are masters of the dark arts,Foord was declared fit to race in heat 2 rerun until someone had a word in his ear, and how can you declare a tac sub in heat 11 and then just change your mind.!! But teams like Poole,Scunthorpe,Glasgow do this while the meek are left behind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

'If it was due to not having machinery' then he would have still had to have 3 rides (possibly 3 rider races) but if declared unfit to ride, then Sam Hagon could take his rides.  But as you say he was fit to take his place in the rerun, then was suddenly unfit!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

'withdrawn by paramedics' I was told, due to a damaged shoulder.  Not sure any paramedic can withdraw a rider due to damaged machines?!

I'm not saying it was just the bike situation. He prob did pick up an injury for the paramedics to check him over in the first place. But if he didn't pick up an injury, how would he have carried on? Unless someone lent him a bike? 

Anyway I asked others and they said it was both. So will go with that! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm not saying it was just the bike situation. He prob did pick up an injury for the paramedics to check him over in the first place. But if he didn't pick up an injury, how would he have carried on? Unless someone lent him a bike? 

Anyway I asked others and they said it was both. So will go with that! 

Yep, nowhere near Redcar but can still post drivel, classic armchair.

12 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Yep, nowhere near Redcar but can still post drivel, classic armchair.

Yes like you then, go nowhere near a track where Poole are racing, but likes to post drivel .

There is a Poole v Scunthorpe thread up and running, time for you to post on there 

Edited by Arthur54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Yes like you then, go nowhere near a track where Poole are racing, but likes to post drivel .

There is a Poole v Scunthorpe thread up and running, time for you to post on there 

Deffo know enough about Poole to comment arfwit. Just admit they’re cheats for once.

4 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Deffo know enough about Poole to comment arfwit. Just admit they’re cheats for once.

Didn't attend the meeting but reading what went on I'd say there was some rule bending done by poole, probably would of won regardless having a very strong team . Not as good as in past seasons but not good enough for the top league anymore.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, lukeellis said:

I’m a bears fan, and much as I am disappointed we lost, the best team won because they have the ruthless winning mentality,Redcar are too nice, but let’s not kid ourselves, Poole are masters of the dark arts,Foord was declared fit to race in heat 2 rerun until someone had a word in his ear, and how can you declare a tac sub in heat 11 and then just change your mind.!! But teams like Poole,Scunthorpe,Glasgow do this while the meek are left behind.

Who had a word in his ear,or are you just guessing.

30 minutes ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Didn't attend the meeting but reading what went on I'd say there was some rule bending done by poole, probably would have won regardless having a very strong team . Not as good as in past seasons but not good enough for the top league anymore.

Comic post of the day. Poole have to build to the rules of the Championship, not Premiership. So of course this current team isn’t good enough for the Premiership. But if we were in the top flight, you can be sure we would be at the pointy end. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, lukeellis said:

Am sure was a rule once change announced it had to stick!

58 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Comic post of the day. Poole have to build to the rules of the Championship, not Premiership. So of course this current team isn’t good enough for the Premiership. But if we were in the top flight, you can be sure we would be at the pointy end. 

And using some of Poole's rider assets currently on loan to Premiership teams!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

And using some of Poole's rider assets currently on loan to Premiership teams!!!

Probably both Holders and Magic to start with, along with Lawson and Ben Cook I imagine, should we ever return to the Premiership.

1 hour ago, daz9100 said:

Probably both Holders and Magic to start with, along with Lawson and Ben Cook I imagine, should we ever return to the Premiership.

And what a top 5 that is 

5 hours ago, Trackrat said:

So if they were cheating, how come the ref didn't step in TRACKPRAT 

• Like 1

I suspect the truth is that VJF was fit enough to continue. 

I suspect the problem was that having wrecked 2 bikes that when the other 6 Pirates were asked to lend him one the universal answer was Erm... "no" 

Not without a signed damage waiver at the very least. 

The kid is very fast but very wild. No one wants to see him (or anyone) hurt but he really does need a wise head in his ear to calm him down.. 

Poole couldn't risk the spectacle of 3 riders and only 1 Pirate because no one would risk their machinery. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

So if they were cheating, how come the ref didn't step in TRACKPRAT 

he was still counting the brown envelope  money he had just been handed .   ..

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

How would a ref validate an EF or injury arfwit?

So you're saying Poole fixed it so Vinnie fell off in the warm up, then fell off in heat 2 wrecking both bikes in the process .

At the end of the day Poole would have still won with or without the injury/ e/f, just the score would have been a bit closer, so move on :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Arthur54