British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators 17th July

2 hours ago, lbw said:

Enjoying me pre meeting flat white in me local Costa,  already suited and booted for tonight's meeting :t:

Wonder if I'll bump into a random Pirate at Waterloo again ;)

I hope the flat whites are in full flow, have one for Trackprat while you're at it :party:

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

He will have lots with him at the place of pace later 

"The Blue Groove" would be more appropriate based on my four visits down the years...:D

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

"The Blue Groove" would be more appropriate based on my four visits down the years...:D

Poole tend to only get the blue groove when the weather is hot and sunny and the track dries out so quickly when its underwatered and thats despite using the shale purchased from Monmore!!

Bright, sunny and breezy today after the deluge of rain in recent days so who knows..............?!

I'll just go and check the tide times..:rofl:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

so the bonus point king slows down to let his team member take the wim !also Poo;e have a 1. 5 against them and do a track grade . (high tide) ?

Plymouth now wanting a track un grade ?

Edited by j2ohh

3 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

so the bonus point king slows down to let his team member take the wim !also Poo;e have a 1. 5 against them and do a track grade . (high tide) ?

Classic lol

12 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

Poole riders wanted the track grade, track prep proving really difficult in hot weather it seems. 

18 minutes ago, lewy said:

Poole riders wanted the track grade, track prep proving really difficult in hot weather it seems. 

so how long have Poole been going and why have they not mastered these summer settings  for the track ?

3 grades in 7 heats says it all .

Well done Poole congratulations fully deserved, the only thing I will say is some of your fans not all being critical of other teams track should maybe look a bit closer to home the old saying of people in glass house shouldn’t throw stones comes to mind ,that’s not to take anything away from your riders real solid side especially at home.

Not a lot to be said about that. Congratulations to the Pirates who took full advantage tonight. Chastening night for the Gladiators. Covatti and Newman both leaving with hand/wrist issues it would seem. Best wishes to them both for their recovery. 

Huge thanks to Drew Kemp for his efforts tonight. Credit to Garry May and the team for coming over to the Gladiator fans on Bend 2 at the end of the night; hopefully they don’t take the defeat to heart, didn’t give up and actually scored more than some previous Plymouth teams have on other visits to Wimborne Road.

Wasn’t much going on during races tonight, passing was at a premium. Atmosphere seemed very subdued and flat which is a shame. Onto the next one for the Gladiators who now just need to finish the season as strongly as they can.

14 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Good result for Poole, but have to say the track was woeful again tonight! Last year they got it all sorted and apart from the first 2 meetings this year the track has been pretty poor. 1 over take says it all! 

They either under water it or over water it. Last few weeks not enough material, tonight too much material! 

Feels like I am in Goldilocks and the three bears lol. 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They either under water it or over water it. Last few weeks not enough material, tonight too much material! 

The pile of Monmore shale at the back of the main grandstand has certainly reduced in size since the last meeting. We are certainly losing a bit of Terry's track prep expertise.

Pleased for Tobias and Vinnie tonight.

Edited by Skidder1

32 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That's on Friday! :D

Edited by lbw