British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh vs Middlesbrough 12/07

I remember pre-season many of the Edinburgh Academy riders expecting big things of themselves, I'm sure at least 6 of them were going to become heat leaders, but this comment by Kyren Lyden really takes the cake “If you look at our 1-7 then we have riders all the way that can beat anyone in any opposition.”

No offence to the likes of Mark Parker, but do I really believe he can beat Sam Hagon & Joe Thompson for example?

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I remember pre-season many of the Edinburgh Academy riders expecting big things of themselves, I'm sure at least 6 of them were going to become heat leaders, but this comment by Kyren Lyden really takes the cake “If you look at our 1-7 then we have riders all the way that can beat anyone in any opposition.”

No offence to the likes of Mark Parker, but do I really believe he can beat Sam Hagon & Joe Thompson for example?

Haha, kyran struggles at every meeting to beat anyone, Edinburgh would of found it hard with the team they put together in the ndl. 

• Like 2

Enjoyed that meeting this evening. Some good racing and great to see Coles attacking the track - let’s see more of that in the Championship. Dayle Wood is a complete enigma - looks classy in some heats and then struggles badly in others. Great return tonight though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Enjoyed that meeting this evening. Some good racing and great to see Coles attacking the track - let’s see more of that in the Championship. Dayle Wood is a complete enigma - looks classy in some heats and then struggles badly in others. Great return tonight though. 

Connor was brilliant tonight, exactly the type of riding we’ve been expecting of him all season. As you say, hopefully he can take that form into the championship. Agree re Dayle, not sure how much he’s been riding. Thought Mason was excellent and Max P is now starting to show his potential, he’s very switched on with what lines to ride. 

Cracking nights racing and big home win for the academy. Connor was brilliant, fast out the gate but actually had the speed on track too, looked smooth which was good to see. Mason Watson was also good value for money but Max Perry just pips him for the entertainment award with some fantastic race craft making some great passes. 

Shame more fans don’t go to the academy matches as they’ve been very entertaining.