British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn vs Leicester - Mon 15th July - Prem Round 1

12 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Maybe that is what you should have posted.When I post something about the weather I would normally put where I am currently.I remember going once,and all the way to pullover roundabout it was hammering down,then all of a sudden it stopped raining and the roads were bone dry for the last few hundred yards. 

Last week out on my travels,the side of the road I was on was wet ,the other side dry.The rain has to stop somewhere,even in the UK:D

Yes your correct I should put my location guess it doesn’t matter anyway what rain there was the meeting was canceled it could have been a dry bright summers night but if it’s canceled doesn’t matter either way 

39 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

You are such a clown, talk utter sh*t all the time 

iainb is right.

Everything he stated in the post that you quoted is a fact.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

iainb is right.

"It seems to me that King's Lynn should be expelled from the league, they can't assemble a team and habitually call meetings off and that's not just this season. They're bringing the whole sport down in this country. If they want to run open meetings IoW style, fine, no objection to that but as it is they're effecting every other team in the league with their continual shenanigans!"

Is this iainbs' post your referring to?

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

"It seems to me that King's Lynn should be expelled from the league, they can't assemble a team and habitually call meetings off and that's not just this season. They're bringing the whole sport down in this country. If they want to run open meetings IoW style, fine, no objection to that but as it is they're effecting every other team in the league with their continual shenanigans!"

Is this iainbs' post your referring to?

Yes, Breaking IainB's post down here....I don't see how anyone can say he's wrong in what he has said.

1. They can't assemble a team (This is true because riders walk out of KL every season for various reasons, Recent examples Pickering, Jakobsen, Musielak, Tarasenko)

2. Effecting every other team in the league with their shenanigans (This is also true, Hence the reason why they've been deducted points whilst other clubs like Ipswich and Sheffield have gone vocal on social media with digs at the way KL operate. Literally no other club buys into the excuses and they want to get these meetings on as they've all got different targets that they want to reach)

3. They're bringing the whole sports down in this country (This is also true as well, The riders know this as well hence why barely anyone wanted to ride for Buster's Panthers last year as well as Tobi walking out this year, Various dodgy call offs whether it's due to KL not being able to put together a competitive team or a broken pit gate excuse as well as a straight up refusal to run meetings with a forecast that isn't perfect is all bringing the sport down, The weather forecast is very rarely going to play ball because it's British weather after all therefore Buster has to get these meetings on now)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TTT said:

Yes, Breaking IainB's post down here....I don't see how anyone can say he's wrong in what he has said.

1. They can't assemble a team (This is true because riders walk out of KL every season for various reasons, Recent examples Pickering, Jakobsen, Musielak, Tarasenko)

2. Effecting every other team in the league with their shenanigans (This is also true, Hence the reason why they've been deducted points whilst other clubs like Ipswich and Sheffield have gone vocal on social media with digs at the way KL operate. Literally no other club buys into the excuses and they want to get these meetings on as they've all got different targets that they want to reach)

3. They're bringing the whole sports down in this country (This is also true as well, The riders know this as well hence why barely anyone wanted to ride for Buster's Panthers last year as well as Tobi walking out this year, Various dodgy call offs whether it's due to KL not being able to put together a competitive team or a broken pit gate excuse as well as a straight up refusal to run meetings with a forecast that isn't perfect is all bringing the sport down, The weather forecast is very rarely going to play ball because it's British weather after all therefore Buster has to get these meetings on now)

100%, I'm going to hand all of my posting duties over to you!

No doubt, Lynn fans will argue that other teams do points 1, 2 or 3 but the difference is King's Lynn do 1,2 & 3. They not only mess other teams around but both fans of King's Lynn and visiting teams, who will also have made arrangements to attend etc.

If they can't run a team in a home and away league programme, which they clearly can't, they should be expelled and concentrate on getting their own house in order with open meetings etc. And try and build up a fan base again before being allowed to return. 

If King's Lynn do not return to PL racing next year, it pains me to say it as I've spent many happy evenings at Saddlebow Road, nobody outside of King's Lynn would miss them. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TTT said:

The original post was..

"It seems to me that King's Lynn should be expelled from the league,   they can't assemble a team and habitually call meetings off and that's not just this season. They're bringing the whole sport down in this country. If they want to run open meetings IoW style, fine, no objection to that but as it is they're effecting every other team in the league with their continual shenanigans!"

You replied with...  

3 hours ago, TTT said:

iainb is right.

There's 3 things( highlighted) in iainbs' original post, that seem to me are his opinion, and not facts. I think lately your hate for BC and Kings Lynn in general, seems to be on a steep rise of late. It's not good for you ;)

•  
Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

100%, I'm going to hand all of my posting duties over to you!

No doubt, Lynn fans will argue that other teams do points 1, 2 or 3 but the difference is King's Lynn do 1,2 & 3. They not only mess other teams around but both fans of King's Lynn and visiting teams, who will also have made arrangements to attend etc.

If they can't run a team in a home and away league programme, which they clearly can't, they should be expelled and concentrate on getting their own house in order with open meetings etc. And try and build up a fan base again before being allowed to return. 

If King's Lynn do not return to PL racing next year, it pains me to say it as I've spent many happy evenings at Saddlebow Road, nobody outside of King's Lynn would miss them. 

They know deep down, Proof's in the pudding.

KL fans want a return to the Championship because even they're fed up of seeing patched up 1-7's being put on track at Premiership level every week which has gotten a lot worse over the last two years, Injuries can on be blamed for a part of it but that's got nothing to do with the Pickering and Musielak dramas over the last two seasons.

Points deduction speaks for itself when it comes to running Home meetings so that's not even debateable.

I've seen various clubs try and force meetings through on BSN this year with forecasts that weren't great (Brum vs. Oxford as well as Oxford vs. Ipswich) therefore no excuse is acceptable for someone who simply won't even give the weather forecast a chance to change before calling meetings off (Buster)

• Like 1

I didn't think I'd be saying this at the start of the season but King's Lynn are actually worse than Birmingham, I didn't expect them to see the season out and who knows they may still not but they're just crap and you can question their team make up but they haven't had any riders walk out on them, there's no dodgy call offs, they're fulfilling their fixtures home and away. You can question the quality of their riders and management and the sanity of their owner but they're not bringing the sport into disrepute like King's Lynn are.

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The original post was..

"It seems to me that King's Lynn should be expelled from the league,   they can't assemble a team and habitually call meetings off and that's not just this season. They're bringing the whole sport down in this country. If they want to run open meetings IoW style, fine, no objection to that but as it is they're effecting every other team in the league with their continual shenanigans!"

You replied with...  

There's 3 things( highlighted) in iainbs' original post, that seem to me are his opinion, and not facts. I think lately your hate for BC and Kings Lynn in general, seems to be on a steep rise of late. It's not good for you ;)

•  

Not hate BB.

Proofs in the pudding see my above post.

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Not hate BB.

Proofs in the pudding see my above post.

You would make a good politician..  My point was the 3 things i highlighted was his opinion, and not fact, as you stated. You have skirted around that bit of my post;)

Think it’s fair to say all is not well at KL there has been dodgy call offs in fact very dodgy but bit harsh wanting KL expelled from the league I’d have thought losing any club is the last thing the sport needs . 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You would make a good politician..  My point was the 3 things i highlighted was his opinion, and not fact, as you stated. You have skirted around that bit of my post;)

I probably would to be honest considering the state of some of them in parliament :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Think it’s fair to say all is not well at KL there has been dodgy call offs in fact very dodgy but bit harsh wanting KL expelled from the league I’d have thought losing any club is the last thing the sport needs . 

I feel sympathy for the KL fans and Rob Lyon, the problem is you have calamity Chapman and amateur Allitt. Get rid of those 2 and hopefully a new owner and KL would be good again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rickyag said:

I feel sympathy for the KL fans and Rob Lyon, the problem is you have calamity Chapman and amateur Allitt. Get rid of those 2 and hopefully a new owner and KL would be good again.

If you got rid of those two, would the club even exist at all? Speedway club owners sadly don't grow on trees.

13 minutes ago, Rickyag said:

+1.

1 minute ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

If you got rid of those two, would the club even exist at all? Speedway club owners sadly don't grow on trees.

Correct, King's Lynn wouldn't exist. The club has become an embarrassment to the league. 

At the same time, every club & those responsible for the BSPL have to take some of the responsibility. 

This country is not in a fit state to run a top division with GP riders at a competitive level. 

Sheffield & Ipswich are only able because of Guy Nicholls of TruPlant.

These 2 clubs ain't necessarily run well, just well financed and are actually suffocating British Speedway. 

There should be 1 big league. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I believe they would. Possibly, if Chapman remained the owner of the stadium but sold the speedway license but Allitt definitely needs to go as the club will never improve or progress with him there.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Correct, King's Lynn wouldn't exist. The club has become an embarrassment to the league. 

At the same time, every club & those responsible for the BSPL have to take some of the responsibility. 

This country is not in a fit state to run a top division with GP riders at a competitive level. 

Sheffield & Ipswich are only able because of Guy Nicholls of TruPlant.

These 2 clubs ain't necessarily run well, just well financed and are actually suffocating British Speedway. 

There should be 1 big league. 

Guy was your team sponsor too for a year.  I don’t know why he didn’t continue but at Ipswich he is certainly very valued and not took for granted. 
The question should be why can’t you retain your main sponsors ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Guy was your team sponsor too for a year.  I don’t know why he didn’t continue but at Ipswich he is certainly very valued and not took for granted. 
The question should be why can’t you retain your main sponsors ?

You know the answer to that.

Not saying anything critical of Nicholls or the clubs.

Just, the financial backing of these 2 clubs is suffocating the league.