British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn vs Leicester - Mon 15th July - Prem Round 1

It seems to me that King's Lynn should be expelled from the league, they can't assemble a team and habitually call meetings off and that's not just this season. They're bringing the whole sport down in this country. If they want to run open meetings IoW style, fine, no objection to that but as it is they're effecting every other team in the league with their continual shenanigans!

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

It seems to me that King's Lynn should be expelled from the league, they can't assemble a team and habitually call meetings off and that's not just this season. They're bringing the whole sport down in this country. If they want to run open meetings IoW style, fine, no objection to that but as it is they're effecting every other team in the league with their continual shenanigans!

I think they both agreed on this postponement

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

I think they both agreed on this postponement

That's how it's being reported... realistically do you think Buster phoned Leicester up and said, have you seen the forecast? what do you think?, Leicester have already had this postponed ... twice! They've seen a catalog of postponements, over the years, at King's Lynn and can see the writing is on the wall. It's no skin off the Leicester promotions nose (financially) whether it's run or not. Bigger picture it probably is, but no promotion looks at the bigger picture.

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

That's how it's being reported... realistically do you think Buster phoned Leicester up and said, have you seen the forecast? what do you think?, Leicester have already had this postponed ... twice! They've seen a catalog of postponements, over the years, at King's Lynn and can see the writing is on the wall. It's no skin off the Leicester promotions nose (financially) whether it's run or not. Bigger picture it probably is, but no promotion looks at the bigger picture.

Surely you're not saying Buster would do anything underhanded.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

Surely you're not saying Buster would do anything underhanded.

I would never dream of suggesting such a thing :D

But if you drill this one down to it's bare bones... Buster has called a meeting off, again, based on a weather forecast, again, unable to track a full team, again... only this time he's bringing in the opposition promotion to justify the decision. Could Leicester have said no?

• Like 1

Just now, iainb said:

But if you drill this one down to it's bare bones... Buster has called a meeting off, again, based on a weather forecast, again, unable to track a full team, again... only this time he's bringing in the opposition promotion to justify the decision. Could Leicester have said no?

Ippo also off so perhaps start attacking their management as well

• Like 2

And people still comment negatively on the weather we get in Manchester...

Norfolk seems to be akin to the Amazon Rain Forest....:D

Buying a brolly business down there when I retire to top up my pension..;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, startline sid said:

Ippo also off so perhaps start attacking their management as well

Ippo haven't brought the opposition into matters and have a long proven track record of running Speedway meetings :t:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Ippo haven't brought the opposition into matters and have a long proven track record of running Speedway meetings :t:

yes and what happened there when their last meeting was called off everyone complained that it was called off too late 

Edited by startline sid
spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Don't let the FACT that all three meetings that were due to be raced today have been called off.............. you wouldn't want a little matter like that to stand in the way of your biased views!

Before you start your rant about historical matters ................. this is about here, now, today!!!

3 hours ago, iainb said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO desperate to take on what you consider an understrength side aren't you.................... your grievance is quite clear >>>>>>>>>> Leicester desperate for easy points!!!

KL are never going to complete all of the rearranged fixtures before the cut off date.

You'll have to run meetings with a threat of rain at some stage because this is British weather after all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Decision to call this meeting off looks like a good one.

It is raining in Peterborough.

It's raining in Spain too, great call by Buster :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, DizzAssStar said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO desperate to take on what you consider an understrength side aren't you.................... your grievance is quite clear >>>>>>>>>> Leicester desperate for easy points!!!

Or maybe he just wants to see a meeting that was supposed to originally take place on 28th March. 

• Like 1