British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Belle Vue Monday 15th July Live on Discovery +

23 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

beautiful sunshine in Manchester. this morning.

24 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

beautiful sunshine in Manchester. this morning.

Same here in Kings Lynn

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rob B said:

I’m sure was listed on Eurosport earlier in week. Now showing only on Discovery+ but Eurosport 2 are showing  British Speedway and Speedway GP highlights for 2 hours!

A new age of TV coverage for UK Speedway...

When that was announced, I presume most of us thought it was going to be a good thing... 

Kabaddi gets more coverage on Eurosport...:D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

A new age of TV coverage for UK Speedway...

When that was announced, I presume most of us thought it was going to be a good thing... 

Kabaddi gets more coverage on Eurosport...:D

I think Tiddly Winks, and the Conker championship are higher on their agenda.

Just now, TINYS said:

I think Tiddly Winks, and the Conker championship are higher on their agenda.

Not weather impacted...

And they dont have guest players replacing those listed, so are both bona fide competitions...

;):D

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Postponed. 

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Tonight’s fixture has just been postponed due to the heavy rain forecasted for this afternoon & evening.

absolutely the correct call... and you've not even had to blame the opposition in doing it!

• Like 1

Presuming this is not re-arranged for the next couple of weeks, this postponement does give Chris a little more breathing room to bring in a replacement for Jason...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shano101 said:

Surprised it’s been called! Looking at Met weather it’s changed to zero rain until 21:30. I live in Ipswich so it’ll be interesting to see what the weather turns out to be!

That's not what it's showing...

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/u12b4ht3f#?date=2024-07-15

36 minutes ago, BluTiger said:

You need to scroll down to the weather map and use the quarterly time increments to scroll and follow the flight path of the weather. That hourly weather forecast is just a generally weather assumption. 

32 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

They’re changing the forecast frequently. It seems they’re not entirely sure, to the surprise of nobody. 

This is what happened with Belle Vue last week, different forecasts constantly changing, I thought they were suppose to be able to accurately predict now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

absolutely the correct call... and you've not even had to blame the opposition in doing it!

Why do you make things up?

Nobody is blaming anybody for Lynn tonight, as with the other week when it was called off an hour before, all three parties are in agreement. It's the only way Buster and co are allowed to postpone nowadays. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Looks like there was some rain this afternoon but it’s dry now till at least 9pm?

Been no rain at my golf course, which is about 4 miles from the track. Grey skies, but bone dry at the moment...

Looking at a few weather sites most are showing virtually no rain until around 21.00. Shame really but it is what it is. I am not sure what the answer is but given what was witnessed at the NSS, who is really calling the shots, the riders or the promoters? As a general point it cannot do any favours to the stadium owners either. What would you rather have as an owner, weekly stocks/bangers when you not only get rent but food/drink and parking or speedway with sixteen dates unless you make it all the way in cup and league with just income from food and drink over possibly seven months. If I were an owner I know what I would opt for and make the facility work for itself. From a supporters point of view, the stop start fixture list (not talking about postponements) cannot help with punters finding other things to do and simply no longer bothering. The tribal followers of a team have probably long gone together with the previous weekly fix that use to be the norm. All very sad.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Presume Phil Morris must have called it with it being on TV. With both teams missing 2 riders suited them.

Ipswich have been missing at least one rider and up to four riders in meetings pretty much all season and not called it off. It would be purely on this mornings forecast which to be fair, was awful first thing this morning at the time of the call off. Yes it’s changed several times throughout the day but what do you?

• Like 1