British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Oxford Mon 8th July PL

It just goes from bad to worse for Brummies... no doubt the excuses will be coming thick and fast from Tolley but to be at heat 10 having not used your tac sub when it's in danger of being called off is ridiculous.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Tongue firmly in cheek… Probably scoping the competition ahead of signing for Witches or Sheffield…

My guess is because he rides tomorrow night at SoN. If he came to scope the British tracks out whilst over I think we all know his decision now after that weather !

I have only been watching the updates,but on there it said that heavy rain had started before ht 8.Did it improve a bit a for the next 3 heats,or has the paying public been done again.

If Tolley comes back for more next year then he should be knighted for it, The whole set up at Brum from top to bottom is beyond Amateur.

The track prep is as inconsistent as inconsistent gets, Literally never consistent to a point where the Home riders will never get to grips with it.

The team is utterly dreadful, Sedgmen & Lampart as a 3 & 4 pairing at Premiership level say's it all.

The manager (Sam) simply hasn't got a clue what he's doing (No Tac Sub used tonight) I wouldn't let him be the manager at my club even if he offered to do it for free.

The ownership are delusional, Tolley seems to think he's built a team that should be competitive, I said in the winter that Tolley running his mouth would come back to haunt him big time.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I have only been watching the updates,but on there it said that heavy rain had started before ht 8.Did it improve a bit a for the next 3 heats,or has the paying public been done again.

It was barely any rain, the track just needed a grade, the riders were out for heat 10 but Birmingham pulled the plug, Oxford were ready to carry on. 

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

Brennan gone from great form few weeks ago to poor recently. 

Was always going to happen unfortunately. Taken on far too much this season in my opinion and spread himself too thin. The only reason I personally wouldn’t have signed him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Funny what winning can do for you.

Getting beat by 10 points at home to Ipswich (track dangerous and riders not wanting to ride).

Winning by 10 points (my boys are ready to continue and Birmingham call it off).

Seems strange.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Seeing as the paying public would have only got a £3 refund if it had been called off before heat 8, they probably did them a favour. They don't have to pay for another ticket now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Seeing as the paying public would have only got a £3 refund if it had been called off before heat 8, they probably did them a favour. They don't have to pay for another ticket now!

A nice cheap pay day for Tolley, which I'm sure has absolutely nothing to do with it being called off. 

• Haha 2

The riders are only part of the brum problem . The bigger issue is the wretched management , appalling team building behind the scenes and as bad a team manager as you'll get in any sport .

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TTT said:

If Tolley comes back for more next year then he should be knighted for it, The whole set up at Brum from top to bottom is beyond Amateur.

The track prep is as inconsistent as inconsistent gets, Literally never consistent to a point where the Home riders will never get to grips with it.

The team is utterly dreadful, Sedgmen & Lampart as a 3 & 4 pairing at Premiership level say's it all.

The manager (Sam) simply hasn't got a clue what he's doing (No Tac Sub used tonight) I wouldn't let him be the manager at my club even if he offered to do it for free.

The ownership are delusional, Tolley seems to think he's built a team that should be competitive, I said in the winter that Tolley running his mouth would come back to haunt him big time.

Sam is lacking in experience...And it shows..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

The riders are only part of the brum problem . The bigger issue is the wretched management , appalling team building behind the scenes and as bad a team manager as you'll get in any sport .

But apart from that? :D

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TTT said:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

The people running Birmingham have been there long enough to have learnt something, sad to say it seems they have learnt bugger all, they continue to make mistake after mistake and the big worry is that we may not have any Speedway in the West Midlands if this continues, Track and Track prep dreadful, Team going from bad to worse, Team management have names but no brains, Promotors that are incompetant in allowing all of this to continue week in week out, sad to say the Buck stops there, how the heck can you ask fans to keep paying to watch such a sub standard set up ?.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 2