British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Ipswich 4th July

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

You've got it the wrong way round.  There's no such thing as All 4 Back - when the ref stops a race, they shall disqualify a rider ...

"012.1.12 Primary Cause of Stoppage

The only person with the power to stop a heat is the Referee.
When a heat is stopped, the Referee shall disqualify the rider, who in their opinion is the primary cause of the stoppage."

Strangely that's why I wrote unless the rules have changed. 

I was at a meeting in this country many moons ago where an incident happened and the referee put all 4 back.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm guessing you're not refering to movement at the tapes or unsatisfactory starts, they involve all 4 coming back for the restart?

The old first bend bunching scenario,  does it say in the rulebook how far around the track the first bend ends or is it the officials decision  ?

18 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

The old first bend bunching scenario,  does it say in the rulebook how far around the track the first bend ends or is it the officials decision  ?

The rule I think is for an "unsatisfactory start".  Most refs seem to consider up to the exit of the second bend as "the start".  There is no rule for 1st bend bunching.

On 7/7/2024 at 5:17 PM, Triple.H. said:

In the Regulations, there's no such thing as first bend bunching or all 4 back ...

On 7/7/2024 at 3:57 PM, szkocjasid said:

I'm guessing you're not referring to movement at the tapes or unsatisfactory starts, they involve all 4 coming back for the restart?

That wasn't the query, and that Reg is about stopping a race.  The Regulations are different for tape touching, unsatisfactory starts (whatever they're called).

The Regs can be downloaded from scbgb.co.uk

On 7/5/2024 at 3:44 PM, TINYS said:

She's a woman what do you expect. Why do they want to poke their noses into men's sport, just look at the euro's :nono:

On 7/5/2024 at 8:04 PM, TTT said:

True.

Guess you two didnt watch the Lionesses win the Euro's first then :rofl:

• Like 2