British Speedway Forum

Stars v Lions 1st July

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

One which would have been made by the referee of course.

Who was?

I'm currently sat in the car park, there's not a single puddle! Rainfall radar indicates the weather had passed through

Edited by iainb

Buster Hater or not, Questions have to be asked. We've just had the first week this year without rain & there's a bloke in the car park that says there has not been any rain. Just how is the track waterlogged?

Lynn may have a weaker team than they desire but this is getting very silly now

41 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

One which would have been made by the referee of course.

Wasn't that part of the investigation when we got deducted 2 points,that an official like the ref had to be present to be able to make any future call off.

2 minutes ago, Technik said:

Buster Hater or not, Questions have to be asked. We've just had the first week this year without rain & there's a bloke in the car park that says there has not been any rain. Just how is the track waterlogged?

Well we had quite a bit of rain here in Wisbech,and indeed there was also a man in the car park that said they had a hailstorm where you couldn't even put your head out of the window.As i previously said,an official has to call Lynn matches off now,i'm pretty sure that was a stipulation of the investigation.

4 minutes ago, Technik said:

They’ve provided evidence on social media to all the keyboard warriors that the track is waterlogged (not that they should have to justify anything to the fans).

I live 5 mins away from the Stadium was raining continuously from 5:30 to 7:15. Not that I’m an expert, the track looked rideable but definitely not raceable -  who would want to see 15 processional races of follow the leader? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Well we had quite a bit of rain here in Wisbech,and indeed there was also a man in the car park that said they had a hailstorm where you couldn't even put your head out of the window.As i previously said,an official has to call Lynn matches off now,i'm pretty sure that was a stipulation of the investigation.

No hailstorm in Lynn.

1 hour ago, Technik said:

To be fair the car park was in the best condition I've seen it in ages... they should have ran it out there!

If you're canceling matches with tracks like the one in the photo Lynn may as well pull the shutters down now!

39 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

I’m in KingsLynn and it’s still raining, it would have definitely been cancelled. Correct call was made 

The weather did exactly as forecast, I thought as they didn't call it early doors there was every intention of running, to then cancel with the track looking like it did and to not even do any work on it is unforgiveable. Fortunately I didn't pay any entrance fee so I will be reintroducing my lifetime ban on King's Lynn, which I suspended last year when they were in financial difficulty. They've lost any regained faith I had in them. :angry:

I hope all you Lynn fans enjoy your last few matches... I'm through with em

Edited by iainb

On 6/30/2024 at 7:43 PM, TTT said:

I predict a call off via Buster shenanigans.

I just cant see him running with R/R and Worrall in a must win meeting.

Slightest bit of rain and that was always getting called off.

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

The weather did exactly as forecast, I thought as they didn't call it early doors there was every intention of running, to then cancel with the track looking like it did and to not even do any work on it is unforgiveable. Fortunately I didn't pay any entrance fee so I will be reintroducing my lifetime ban on King's Lynn, with l which I suspended last year when they were in financial difficulty last year. They've not lost any regained faith I had in them. :angry:

I hope all you Lynn fans enjoy your last few matches... I'm through with em

I had the a pretty similar thing when i came to Leicester with the family.Lovely day with a chance of a shower.With the black clouds looming what did the track man do soak the track,what happened we had one shower,not prolonged but the match was called off.If it wasn't soaked by the track man the match would have certainly gone ahead.I haven't been back since.So it don't just happen at Lynn.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I had the a pretty similar thing when i came to Leicester with the family.Lovely day with a chance of a shower.With the black clouds looming what did the track man do soak the track,what happened we had one shower,not prolonged but the match was called off.If it wasn't soaked by the track man the match would have certainly gone ahead.I haven't been back since.So it don't just happen at Lynn.

I've been to Lynn numerous times and in days gone by Buster would re-lay the track, seems he can't be arsed these days... so neither can I 

Edited by iainb

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I've been to Lynn numerous times and Buster has basically relaid the track, seems he can't be arsed these days... so neither can I 

He doesn't do it now i'm pretty sure.He is slowly going into retirement.Would you want all the hassle at 65 years of age,nearly 66.So yes he probably can't be asked,that's for someone else.

It's because when he's most recently done it the riders haven't fancied it anyway.

Once again it's worth reiterating that the referee is the one who will have called off the meeting, presumably with the agreement if the riders, or at least most of them. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bagpuss said:

It's because when he's most recently done it the riders haven't fancied it anyway.

Once again it's worth reiterating that the referee is the one who will have called off the meeting, presumably with the agreement if the riders, or at least most of them. 

If that's the way they want to run the sport, fine. Just count me out when there's ANY chance of rain

I can assure you there were hailstones at about 5pm.

I entered the stadium at 5.43 and the track was waterlogged.

The rain then eased for around 10-minutes before it started to rain again quite steadily.

The referee, both team managers & both team captains agreed that the track was to waterlogged to contemplate trying to race.

That decision was taken at approximately 6.40 with the gates still closed, and to the best of my knowledge, no tickets sold.

When I left the stadium just after 7.10 the rain had eased, and by the time I got to the hospital roundabout, you could see there hadn't been so much rain there.

I stopped posting on this site a long time ago, due to the nonsense that the majority of people post on here, without really knowing the facts.

But I took the decision to post this time so as to let people know there could be a problem, but I wasted my time by some, as I was evidently at Mildenhall.

What a stupid comment to make.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2