British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Sheffield Monday 1st July Live on Eurosport

14 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Going to be an absolute massacre R/R for Jack Holder and Lewis Kerr for Woffinden 

Totally unexpected result then.

how poor are Oxford who can just about win by 6 when the Tigers top 2 scores replacements scored 11. The Tigers would have massacred them. 

Expected Tigers to get blitzed by Oxford.  Solid effort from Pickering, Howarth and Holder to keep the score to 6 points only. However Tungate and Harris did the job in ht15.

Agree with many in that I thought we were going to hammered tonight.

For us to lose only by 6 points and still be in with a chance of getting result in the final heat was even more pleasing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Totally unexpected result then.

how poor are Oxford who can just about win by 6 when the Tigers top 2 scores replacements scored 11. The Tigers would have massacred them. 

Would've won by more with Kerr in the team :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fantastic effort from a patched up Sheffield, Kerr put in a good shift but we all know that J.Holder and Woffinden would have scored more than 11 points (Kerr’s and R/R) that’s was put on the scoreboard. Best I’ve seen C.Holder ride away from Owlerton and 100% as always from Pickering and Howarth.  It’s a shame that Gilkes as Rising Star just isn’t cutting it on the road, he tries but rides the same mid to outside line all the time even if the kerb line is the fastest, fell that another couple of points from that position was key, time for a change in that department at Sheffield?  I’d personally give Mulford or even Killeen a go for a few meetings as can’t do much worse points wise 

• Like 1

Well it made for another great night's speedway (and all credit to the Tigers and their fans) but it underlines how badly the Spires need strengthening.

Mind you on past form our next move will be to replace Tungate with Lambert ... Simon Lambert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Very good effort by the Tigers, some good racing and it was nice to see the place not looking empty!:party:

And remember:

1]  televised match

2] two home fixtures in 4 days (with Emil coming on Thursday)

3] weakened opposition

- all things considered an excellent crowd.

Just now, arnieg said:

And remember:

1]  televised match

3] weakened opposition

Absolutely! :t:

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

And remember:

1]  televised match

3] weakened opposition

Absolutely. I arrived and was quite surprised how many people were already there. Be interesting to see if the Ipswich fixture gets the same sort of numbers. Nice to see the club offer a £5 discount for fans who bought tickets for the first fixture - a loophole the club exploited to appease fans who got the £4 refund without (hopefully) feeling the wrath of the powers that be.

25 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Well it made for another great night's speedway (and all credit to the Tigers and their fans) but it underlines how badly the Spires need strengthening.

Mind you on past form our next move will be to replace Tungate with Lambert ... Simon Lambert.

What’s this “ our “ surely you haven’t moved to the dark side ? 

12 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

You would of thought also Tatum or Allen with all there so called speedway experience would of mentioned the fact that Kerr and Kemp are in fact team mates at championship Berwick, 

They were both wearing their Berwick racesuits which might have gave Kelvin and Olly a clue :D

58 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Absolutely. I arrived and was quite surprised how many people were already there. Be interesting to see if the Ipswich fixture gets the same sort of numbers. Nice to see the club offer a £5 discount for fans who bought tickets for the first fixture - a loophole the club exploited to appease fans who got the £4 refund without (hopefully) feeling the wrath of the powers that be.

Also i believe the programme covers both of this weeks meetings

10 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Kemp looks an inspiring signing....he was passed more times than a slip road on the whole stretch of the M4 

Can't blame Kemp at all, he's a reserve being asked to ride a second string. Whoever made the decision for Oxford needs their head examining

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Can't blame Kemp at all, he's a reserve being asked to ride a second string. Whoever made the decision for Oxford needs their head examining

being replaced by boughton for his final programmed ride was just the vote of confidence he needed from his new team manager

• Like 1

My bruv from Australia, ex-Swindon fan, now strangely an Oxfam fan, was there. Said reasonable crowd but not as many as the Glasgow Championship fixture we attended 2 years ago. Some superb speedway, shame the 2 Sheff GP riders weren't riding. Been some good close meetings at Cowley this year.

Edited by auntie doris

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not blaming Kemp though, I'm doing what you are and blaming Oxford...same with signing Riss 

• Like 1