British Speedway Forum

Aces v Witches

Awkward phone call to Connor Mountain to be made then. Can only hope Leicester have already snapped him up. 

Wishing a speedy recovery to Tate, let's hope we see him back on a bike next season, he certainly made an impact in British Speedway this year. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Shame to see Tate's first season in British Speedway come to an end.

Hope the young lad makes a full recovery as well as getting the best help along the way and we see him back on a bike next season.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Sounded out by your own fans yet again.You can go back into hiding for a few months now.

if you say so  everone around me  of same opinion everyone has an opinion which they entitled to !!

A really upsetting crash and the atmosphere leaving the stadium was as subdued as I can remember for a long time. He made a fine debut beforehand and looked like he could be a game changer for Belle Vue, but that doesn't matter now, I just hope that he can make a full recovery with rest and rehabilitation.

There's an update on the Manchester Evening News website this morning saying that Tate is 'comfortable' - not the best use of words.

Belle Vue speedway crash update as rider taken to hospital as race abandoned - Manchester Evening News

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, iainb said:

Awkward phone call to Connor Mountain to be made then. Can only hope Leicester have already snapped him up. 

Wishing a speedy recovery to Tate, let's hope we see him back on a bike next season, he certainly made an impact in British Speedway this year. 

Was my immediate thought, but he now doesn’t fit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

if you say so  everone around me  of same opinion everyone has an opinion which they entitled to !!

You are really quite vile aren’t you 

Rew is not a dirty rider not by any stretch of the imagination 

Clearly he was at fault but not everytime another rider takes someone else off is it dangerous riding …. A rider can simply make a misjudgement it happens ….. I remember in a GP Mark Loram coming under Rickardsson and taking his front wheel away … was Mark dirty? No he just got it wrong 

Keynan will be devastated about what’s happened … it didn’t need forum idiots like you running their mouth off. 

Belle Vue fans on here and on social media are attaching no blame to Rew and rightly so as they are speedway fans 

We should all be wishing Tate the best and every Ipswich fan will do ….. so wind your neck in on here 

• Like 9

in his 1st crash with Bewley he just got it wrong, just avoiding Bewleys back wheel seen zmarzlic, go under loads of riders missing them by millimetres, and gets away with it.    

Edited by gjcone44

Not seen the accident and I don't have any desire to.

But I find it hard to believe that any rider would go out of their way to deliberately injure another rider and serious one at that.

It is said that Tate and Keynan are close friends, so it is even harder to believe it was deliberate. 

As I have already posted best wishes to Tate, lets hope he makes a full recovery from what appears to be a nasty crash.

Also lets hope that this does not have an effect on Keynan mentally as I am sure he will be upset that a friend has suffered and injury.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, spin king said:

Not seen the accident and I don't have any desire to.

But I find it hard to believe that any rider would go out of their way to deliberately injure another rider and serious one at that.

It is said that Tate and Keynan are close friends, so it is even harder to believe it was deliberate. 

As I have already posted best wishes to Tate, lets hope he makes a full recovery from what appears to be a nasty crash.

Also lets hope that this does not have an effect on Keynan mentally as I am sure he will be upset that a friend has suffered and injury.

Well said.

14 hours ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

That’s very unfair on Rew. He’s not a Charles Wright that goes out deliberately torpedoing people. It was typical hard racing between two young Aussies who have probably raced each other a lot. Unfortunately it sometimes goes wrong in speedway and any form of racing which for Tate and Keynan it did tonight. I wish Tate all the best and also Keynan as that’s likely going to have affected him significantly mentally. It’s helps no one throwing blame and baseless accusations of ill intent 

Your last sentence would feel more sincere if you hadn’t thrown blame and baseless accusations of ill intent against another rider at the start of your post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Your last sentence would feel more sincere if you hadn’t thrown blame and baseless accusations of ill intent against another rider at the start of your post.

Fair point. Worded poorly in the heat of the moment. Didn’t mean to suggest Wright or the names listed deliberately take people out but rather someone that regularly teeters on the line hard/dangerous racing.

With regards the collision, it was just a racing incident with no malice intended. The referee has to disqualify someone and that can lead fans to thinking a dirty move has taken place when it hasn’t. Awful end to a fabulous debut. I look forward to his return as he seems a real Ace. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Rew guest for Tate at our next home meeting. After that we need a replacement due to the transfer window closing on us. Might see Jye back or an untried 4 pointer. 

Local media reporting that Tate has suffered multiple broken ribs and vertebrae in the accident. Obviously out for the season.

Just hope he makes a full recovery

Edited by Garry1603

5 hours ago, spin king said:

I have no comment on this incident and I assume was just an accident.

However I wanted to comment on this and draw your attention to Roman Matousek (She) v Robert Nagy (LE) at Sheffield many years ago.  Only one man knows if what happened that night was an accident or not, but judging by his hand gestures the previous night towards Nagy and the way he lined up at the tapes for that race, then it's hard to think of that crash has just a racing incident. 

So sadly, sometimes on rare occasions I would suggest some riders do look for payback. 

25 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

I have no comment on this incident and I assume was just an accident.

However I wanted to comment on this and draw your attention to Roman Matousek (She) v Robert Nagy (LE) at Sheffield many years ago.  Only one man knows if what happened that night was an accident or not, but judging by his hand gestures the previous night towards Nagy and the way he lined up at the tapes for that race, then it's hard to think of that crash has just a racing incident. 

So sadly, sometimes on rare occasions I would suggest some riders do look for payback. 

At the time of the Matousek incident I was not attending speedway, so I cannot comment on it, whether or not it was purposely set out to hurt Nagy.

But Matousek did have a reputation and general consensus seems to be he meant it, maybe not as bad as what actually happened.

There will always be the odd rider that will go over the top, but more often than not it is not intentional.