British Speedway Forum

Poole v Edinburgh Weds 3rd July 2024.

Well done Max Perry 

Showing exactly why it was farcical he was sacked 

Poole easily the best side in the league but that home track could cause them to lose the league as the home advantage is non existent so a much poorer side like Edinburgh can keep it close over 2 legs 

Has to be the worst track in the league for racing it’s a gaters paradise…. Reminds me of Kings Lynn great track in the 90’s and now awful 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Well done Max Perry 

Poole easily the best side in the league but that home track could cause them to lose the league as the home advantage is non existent so a much poorer side like Edinburgh can keep it close over 2 legs 

Has to be the worst track in the league for racing it’s a gaters paradise…. Reminds me of Kings Lynn great track in the 90’s and now awful 

And yet after making progress they still replaced him in heat eight. He would have been off of gate one, where I think he would have had a good chance of beating Connor Coles. He had already beat his opposite number in heat two..Hagon was a bit up and down to be fair. So it would have been nice to see Max get his full programmed rides.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back and I think it was slightly underwatered and just no grip out wide. Riders like Thomson and Sedgeman loved it as they gated and no one could catch them. Even Castagna gated ahead of Lawson and couldn’t be reeled in. 

It was frustrating watching riders trying hard to pass but getting nowhere. Terry the trackman told me tonight he has stepped back from doing the track as he has to look after his health first and foremost, so unsure who is doing the track but it wasn’t producing any racing tonight. A shame, though the fans were 100% behind the riders all night and the closeness of the scoreline kept it interesting.

Terry did track yesterday with his normal assistants

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Two things, Sam Hagon said it was too wet in first half the meeting last week. So they prob worried about over watering it. And also there were supposed to be a few showers today. Maybe they should have just ignored the forecast. 

Although Poole track is always going to be at its worst in the middle of the season with the dry weather. 

At its worst in the middle of the season with the dry weather ? It's hardly been the Sahara desert in the UK this summer so that's a poor excuse for a track that has zero material on it. If you actually had some material ( shale AND clay) on the track you'd have half a chance of keeping some moisture in the track. 

1 hour ago, TracksideView said:

At its worst in the middle of the season with the dry weather ? It's hardly been the Sahara desert in the UK this summer so that's a poor excuse for a track that has zero material on it. If you actually had some material ( shale AND clay) on the track you'd have half a chance of keeping some moisture in the track. 

It hasn't rained down here apart from an odd light shower for a few weeks now tbf. Looked like it had more material than a month ago against Redcar, that was worse imo. 

11 hours ago, Gavan said:

Well done Max Perry 

I like Max - but lets keep it real - Sam Hagon won the race he replaced Max in achieving a 3-3 - a 1-5 or even a 2-4 at that stage could have changed the outcome. Poole are a professional sports team - its business and its right to take care of it regardless of emotions

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tyler42 said:

And yet after making progress they still replaced him in heat eight. He would have been off of gate one, where I think he would have had a good chance of beating Connor Coles. He had already beat his opposite number in heat two..Hagon was a bit up and down to be fair. So it would have been nice to see Max get his full programmed rides.

I like Max - but lets keep it real - Sam Hagon won the race he replaced Max in achieving a 3-3 - a 1-5 or even a 2-4 at that stage could have changed the outcome. Poole are a professional sports team - its business and its right to take care of it regardless of emotions

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Knightime said:

ERR  thats twice you have posted that  . are you running for president in the U.S.A. ?

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

It hasn't rained down here apart from an odd light shower for a few weeks now tbf. Looked like it had more material than a month ago against Redcar, that was worse imo. 

What about the tide though? I know Cecil Ford thinks he's a god, has he managed to stop the tides as well?

:D

11 hours ago, tyler42 said:

But Sam Hagon, his replacement won the race, and beat Kyle Thompson, who was flying 

17 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

One swallow does not a summer make 

What about all the previous swallows? (see below)

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Why has it took till July for kye Thomson to show what he’s capable of.

It hasn't.

Kye's 'average counting' scores so far this season:

BSN Series

Berwick (A) 4+1 (4)

Berwick (H) 10 (4)

Glasgow (A) 7+1 (4)

Glasgow (H) 7+3 (4)

Championship

Plymouth (H) 14+3 (7)

Workington (A) 4+1 (5)

Oxford (A) 8 (4)

Oxford (H) 5+1 (4)

Redcar (A) 3+1 (4)

Scunny (H) 9+1 (4)

Scunny (A) 4+1 (4)

Plymouth (A) 0 (4)

Poole (A) 8+1 (4)

Yes, granted, he's hot and cold but he is a 6.50ish rider. What are you expecting? Double figures every week?

Monarchs' averages this season are slightly skewed in that the H / A split is currently 5H and 8A. That, generally, keeps a rider's stats lower and highlights the negative. Kye has achieved above his average at home in all meetings bar Oxford. Away, he's reached the 6.50 'target' on 3 occasions - Glasgow, Oxford and Poole.

He's also the bonus point king within the team. His '2024 meetings only' average is a full point lower than the 'including bonus' figure. Indeed, his 14 bonus points are only matched / bettered in the Championship by Jake Mulford, Luke Harrison, Craig Cook (all 14), Kyle Howarth (15), Sam Masters (16) and Jacob Hook (19). All hail those looking after job security...

As I said, yes, he's hot and cold. But he's not the biggest problem in the side.

Good luck to Kye for the rest of the season.

• Like 5