British Speedway Forum

Poole v Edinburgh Weds 3rd July 2024.

5 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

I do not think the Poole owners realise just how lucky they are with the turn out they get to watch this every other week. The racing truly is absolutely terrible, more accurately it is completely nonexistent.

They go for Sweet Caroline, cringe :oops:

• Like 1

We’re extremely frustrating. Get beat easily home and away to Plymouth and now twice scored 40 at Poole, with Pickering having a stinker with 3 points. Probably would’ve won if he had a normal meeting.

11 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

We’re extremely frustrating. Get beat easily home and away to Plymouth and now twice scored 40 at Poole, with Pickering having a stinker with 3 points. Probably would’ve won if he had a normal meeting.

But on the flip side if wasn't a trappers paradise would sedgy have got 14? Always frustrating to see your no.1 score so poorly but never just as easy as saying if he'd scored 10 you'd have won 50-40. 

But if picko and Ben cook can't pass on a track you know it's bad

• Like 4

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Where are all the Kye Thomson haters tonight?

Not all Edinburgh fans hate Kye, there is only a small minority that post on here

Hats off to wee Sedgy tonight, great effort - and Picko will be back, very uncharacteristic meeting for him

• Like 4

Just got back and I think it was slightly underwatered and just no grip out wide. Riders like Thomson and Sedgeman loved it as they gated and no one could catch them. Even Castagna gated ahead of Lawson and couldn’t be reeled in. 

It was frustrating watching riders trying hard to pass but getting nowhere. Terry the trackman told me tonight he has stepped back from doing the track as he has to look after his health first and foremost, so unsure who is doing the track but it wasn’t producing any racing tonight. A shame, though the fans were 100% behind the riders all night and the closeness of the scoreline kept it interesting.

• Like 1

Great to see Max Perry put in a very gutsy performance especially after getting up from nasty crash. Had a nibble at Fredriksen in the re-run.

We got the win but something didn't contribute to the racing tonight and for the life of me I can't think what it was.

Oh well, up the speedway league we go 

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

Edited by lbw

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back and I think it was slightly underwatered and just no grip out wide. Riders like Thomson and Sedgeman loved it as they gated and no one could catch them. Even Castagna gated ahead of Lawson and couldn’t be reeled in. 

It was frustrating watching riders trying hard to pass but getting nowhere. Terry the trackman told me tonight he has stepped back from doing the track as he has to look after his health first and foremost, so unsure who is doing the track but it wasn’t producing any racing tonight. A shame, though the fans were 100% behind the riders all night and the closeness of the scoreline kept it interesting.

Two things, Sam Hagon said it was too wet in first half the meeting last week. So they prob worried about over watering it. And also there were supposed to be a few showers today. Maybe they should have just ignored the forecast. 

Although Poole track is always going to be at its worst in the middle of the season with the dry weather. 

59 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

I do not think the Poole owners realise just how lucky they are with the turn out they get to watch this every other week. The racing truly is absolutely terrible, more accurately it is completely nonexistent.

Poole have a winning team and the crowd turns up...

They don't have a winning team and they stop going in the same numbers...

The racing standard doesn't seem to be so much of a factor as to crowd size, unlike at many other tracks....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Poole have a winning team and the crowd turns up...

They don't have a winning team and they stop going in the same numbers...

The racing standard doesn't seem to be so much of a factor as to crowd size, unlike at many other tracks....

They also have a consistent core to their team, with riders generally returning year to year with only the odd change. Must help the fans to create a bond with the team instead of a rag tag random 1 to 7 turning up week to week, season to season

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Where are all the Kye Thomson haters tonight?

Some people only focus on his bad meetings, but he still has a near 6.5 average for the season. So if he's had lots of poor meetings, logically he much have had lots of good meetings, otherwise he'd have a far lower average.

He's not stepped up like he & Edinburgh would have hoped & yes he's had poor meetings, but I don't understand all the criticism he's received.

• Like 1