British Speedway Forum

SON 2 Belle Vue Friday 12th July

Pretty sure had Dan Thompson not come to grief team GB would have most certainly had got a medal.It may have even been gold because he looked even faster than Flint imo.

• Like 3

Struck me that Kelvin was 'begging people' to go there tomorrow night. How's the ticket sales going.

When it was first announced I was going to go till I heard what the ticket prices were.

Reading in the Speedway Star not long after the announcement, it was inferred that they weren't bothered if the 'local yokels' go as there will be hundreds of thousands coming from abroad. After all it is a world championship!!!!

1 minute ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Struck me that Kelvin was 'begging people' to go there tomorrow night. How's the ticket sales going.

When it was first announced I was going to go till I heard what the ticket prices were.

Reading in the Speedway Star not long after the announcement, it was inferred that they weren't bothered if the 'local yokels' go as there will be hundreds of thousands coming from abroad. After all it is a world championship!!!!

Think the Hundreds that had ticket for the Temporary Stand  were rehoused in main Stand for getting under cover.

8 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Anyone know how Dan is?

Dislocated shoulder according to his Facebook

3 hours ago, iainb said:

... and if you're in the South stand tomorrow night leave about 3 hours to get in through security!!!

yes absolute joke one person scanning for coffee and sandwiches, dont anyone bring bombs with them anymore.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Pretty sure had Dan Thompson not come to grief team GB would have most certainly had got a medal.It may have even been gold because he looked even faster than Flint imo.

Can't argue that...

A thoroughly enjoyable meeting in dreadful conditions. Credit must go to all the lads out there for putting themselves on the line and still making a good go at it. 

Best wishes to Dan Thompson! Him and Flint were both looking impressive until coming to grief. Hagon had his moments and could’ve got a 7-2 in our final race. Unlucky not to get a medal. 

But most unjust of all was the ridiculous decision to throw Hellstrom-Bangs out! Sweden deserves gold. Everyone could all see it on the TV, apart from the ref. 

• Like 3

Well done to all that we had a meeting to watch, all the very best to young Thompson. Struck me that the Hellstrom-Bangs exclusion was very simlar to Madsen / Holder incedent at recent GP, as in defo slight contact tho both fallers could possibly (probably ?) have saved it, except in the GP the rider who came off, Holder, was excluded....

7 hours ago, chunky said:

Can't argue that...

i wonder if they will try to iron out that rut on the first bend for the main event.  made the track dangerous to ride causing this accident and several near misses.