British Speedway Forum

Scunny v Edinburgh D/H 28.06.2024

Just seen the video of the heat in question, Luke riding like you’d expect a rider in front to ride. Defending his position from a rider behind fair and square. As for fredriksson well that was just plain dirty. The look over the shoulder knowing exactly what he was doing, I’m all for hard racing but come on.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Thought the issue Skywalker Luke (not taking the mick, honest) had in the race with Lambert & the 2 Edinbugh riders (can't remember exactly or be bothered to check) was that Lambert left him a tad exposed so the 2 Monarchs effectivley 'beat him up'.  It happens; 'you give me shove today, I'll give you a shove tomorow, long as we all survive to ride another day, then we go after it again'.  IMO he'll learn more from such awkward on-track incedents, & going to Poland with GB U19 squad where gotta say he did blooming well, than beating NL-level riders with relative ease, well some of them.  Said before, but Luke ain't half bad at speedway, at all, often need to check the number on his back to be sure it isn't the more experienced Ablitt one is watching.  But young Luke has got 'it', that is the ability to race, not only ride, speedway very well, you only need to watch him for a lap, how much of 'it' he has, time will tell & it will be interesting to follow his progress, but he has defo got 'it'. 

Good luck to him I say:t:....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling
  • Like 2

Does anyone know who the Live Stream commentators for Scunny are? I always liked Dan's enthusiasm but the two doing it now also seem very fair. One of them seems to be an ex-rider.

19 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

Does anyone know who the Live Stream commentators for Scunny are? I always liked Dan's enthusiasm but the two doing it now also seem very fair. One of them seems to be an ex-rider.

Spencer is still doing the comms and the new lad is James Jessop who is an amateur rider

• Like 1

19 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Thought the issue Skywalker Luke (not taking the mick, honest) had in the race with Lambert & the 2 Edinbugh riders (can't remember exactly or be bothered to check) was that Lambert left him a tad exposed so the 2 Monarchs effectivley 'beat him up'.  It happens; 'you give me shove today, I'll give you a shove tomorow, long as we all survive to ride another day, then we go after it again'.  IMO he'll learn more from such awkward on-track incedents, & going to Poland with GB U19 squad where gotta say he did blooming well, than beating NL-level riders with relative ease, well some of them.  Said before, but Luke ain't half bad at speedway, at all, often need to check the number on his back to be sure it isn't the more experienced Ablitt one is watching.  But young Luke has got 'it', that is the ability to race, not only ride, speedway very well, you only need to watch him for a lap, how much of 'it' he has, time will tell & it will be interesting to follow his progress, but he has defo got 'it'. 

Good luck to him I say:t:....

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of team riding by Lambert, thought he had the opportunity to let Harrison round him for a 5-1.

Compare that to Josh Pickering who kept looking for his partner & let Sedgmen round for a 5-1.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/WnXfjR5pbNnRp5a7/

Just watched the race on Facebook, didn't see too much wrong from anyone really, was a good hard race and a bit of passion shown by everybody after the heat doesn't do any harm either.

Not much wrong with that race IMO.Bit naughty Lasse looking round after going hard under him though looked as though he was trying to cause some damage.

Edited by Fromafar

We had a trip to forget spending almost 5 hours on traffic watch next to the A1 near Alnwick. Too late to cancel the Travelodge and by the time the assistance finally arrived and fixed the car all that was left was to go for a meal and drive home.

See you all at Sunny Scunny next time

• Sad 2