British Speedway Forum

Scunny v Edinburgh D/H 28.06.2024

23 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

I've heard it suggested that both parts of the double header will be streamed but on the website it is only the Championship match at £11.99.

Scunthorpe's Facebook page said last night it will only be the Championship fixture that will be streamed

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Scunthorpe's Facebook page said last night it will only be the Championship fixture that will be streamed

Thanks for the info. Can't travel far these days so I would have liked to see the Academy match as well, never mind.

5 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Seems a little strange to only stream the first match, as everything will be set up already.

I've never understood heat 8 being "protected" in the Championship. You don't have to have your weakest reserve at 7 (Coles) you don't have to have a second string at 2 (Thomsen) plus when using r/r the number one (Howarth) can race in heat 8. 

So why is this heat "protected"?

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

What is this ref doing. Releasing the tapes as soon as he puts the green light on. Bit of a farce this, whoever it is hasn’t got a clue. 

According to the BSPL website and the preview, the referee is Mathew Edwards-Wear.

7 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Yes Lasse. Love that’s sort of hard riding. No idea what Lambert was getting upset about - no way could he have seen what happened 

Lambert got half a brain cell if he’s lucky. 

Hard riding and good to see from lasse as he’s normally on the receiving end of it. Harrison turned left twice on the back straight so rightly give a bit back.

• Like 1

Embarrassing by Fredriksen, picking on a 16/17 year old after a race.

What I saw (of a very entertaining race) was akin to a cycle speedway move, Fredriksen moving Harrison over to get James through. Hard but fair. However if anyone was gonna be upset that would be Harrison imo.

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Embarrassing by Fredriksen, picking on a 16/17 year old after a race.

What I saw (of a very entertaining race) was akin to a cycle speedway move, Fredriksen moving Harrison over to get James through. Hard but fair. However if anyone was gonna be upset that would be Harrison imo.

The two unnecessary left turns on the straights not enough? 16/17 doesn’t matter, moves like that are what causes accidents.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

The two unnecessary left turns on the straights not enough? 16/17 doesn’t matter, moves like that are what causes accidents.

Guess I didn't think Harrison did much wrong, as the rider in front picked his line.

Why isn't the ref excluding Harrison if he's riding dangerously?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

You have to turn left at all tracks and if your fully conversant with scunny it's shaped Like a D so on the back straight your wheel are never in line. To me it was a hard but fair race until rider looks at you as he comes under you and runs you up to the fence . Then starts throwing punches after and is fined by the ref . No hard feelings on our part but the big Baldy bloke and the Weasley mechanic need to look at themselves 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

You have to turn left at all tracks and if your fully conversant with scunny it's shaped Like a D so on the back straight your wheel are never in line. To me it was a hard but fair race until rider looks at you as he comes under you and runs you up to the fence . Then starts throwing punches after and is fined by the ref . No hard feelings on our part but the big Baldy bloke and the Weasley mechanic need to look at themselves 

I do get where you’re coming from, there’s turning left and then there’s turning left if you know what I mean which is what lasse seen red about. Takes a bit to get to lasse as he’s a very chilled and laid back guy. Same could also be said about lambert’s mechanic and the plonker in the hi-vis jacket. However it’s speedway we move on and go again. 

• Thanks 1

Good effort from the lads to fight back in the second half of the meeting last night. Track was very poor for the first few heats but there was some good racing towards the end. Josh, Sedgy & Paco were top notch again, Lasse with a big ride in 12 and Kye came on well in his last two. Connor throwing points away from scoring positions again, frustrating but I’m sure it will click soon and Max still recovering from his injury but looking better as well.

• Like 1

Was at the meeting and to be far I thought the incident with Harrison and Fredrickson was good hard racing and the monarch overreacted after the chequered flag . The Monarchs deserved the bonus point and Josh Pickering is always a superb visitor and a class act on and off the track

• Like 1