• Paul Starke(Glasgow)
  • Norick Blodorn (Belle Vue)
  • Kyle Howarth (Scunthorpe/Sheffield)
  • Craig Cook (Workington/Leicester)
  • Lewis Kerr (Berwick/Oxford)
  • Dan Bewley 
Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

If you are going to start a duplicate thread with information that had been on the original thread for an hour when you started this one, you could at least get the thread title to show some understanding of how a calendar works.

Please close this waste of pixels.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chris116 said:

If you are going to start a duplicate thread with information that had been on the original thread for an hour when you started this one, you could at least get the thread title to show some understanding of how a calendar works.

Please close this waste of pixels.

A bit rude and overly aggressive but it's not a duplicate thread, it's a thread with, hopefully now, the correct date (a bit of finger trouble). A polite note would have sufficed.

I thought having a thread with the correct date on may just grab people who didn't know it was on to maybe attend and boost the SRBF coffers, I probably shouldn't have bothered.

• Like 5

The full field is:

1. Justin Sedgmen (Edinburgh/Birmingham)

2. Dan Bewley (Belle Vue)

3. Craig Cook (Workington/Leicester)

4. Kyle Howarth (Scunthorpe/Sheffield)

5. Antti Vuolas (Workington)

6. Norick Blodorn (Belle Vue)

7. Charles Wright (Redcar/Oxford)

8. Paul Starke (Glasgow)

9. Gino Manzares (USA)

10. Simon Lambert (Scunthorpe)

11. Alex Martin (USA)

12. Adam Ellis (Ipswich)

13. Ben Barker (Plymouth)

14. Danny King (Redcar / Ipswich)

15. Lewis Kerr (Berwick)

16. Jan Kvech (King's Lynn)

• Like 2

Mike Hunter's media briefing on Sunday's event....

Young Czech Jan Kvech has made a major impression both in the Grand Prix series and his outings in the UK for King's Lynn, and the organisers of the Ben Fund Bonanza are very happy to have secured his participation in the restaging of the event at Workington on 14th July.

SRBF Chairman Paul Ackroyd comments "I went to Birmingham last week to check whether Freddie Lindgren was still available for the restaging, but unfortunately he can't do it. However Jan Kvech quickly offered to take up the position! I've seen his early meetings in the UK at King's Lynn and Birmingham and also last weekend's Grand Prix where he did well. I've been impressed each time. He's a lovely lad to talk to also."

There's more good news because two further top class performers have joined the field, namely Charles Wright and Adam Ellis, both former British Champions (bringing the number of ex-British Champions to four!) We thank Charles and Adam for coming in at short notice. Craig Cook and Danny King of course are also former double Bonanza winners, with Ben Barker also a Bonanza Champion.

Ackroyd commented "We are very happy with the field we have, including two flamboyant members of Team USA as well, I'm sure there will be plenty of eyes on them."

A sad reminder of the importance of the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund arrived on Monday night with the injuries sustained by Tate Zische at Belle Vue. The young Aussie has taken the UK by storm this year and had also agreed to ride in the Bonanza prior to his accident. Everyone associated with the SRBF sends him every good wish for a speedy recovery.

• Like 4

Weather looking good enough, dry and little wind.  Worky promotion putting on the style with fairground attractions.  The line-up has an interesting look about it, and to watch Dan Bewley and Jan Kvech setting about the local heroes such as Cookie will make the trip more than worthwhile. 

4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Back injury I was told, has had trouble with it before

Hopefully he`s back soon, he is due at Kings Lynn tomorrow night with Leicester. So there must be a doubt about him being there.

Enjoyable meeting for a good cause,  Dan Bewley was outstanding,  a mention to the young American with a great name  Slater lLghthouse a very good prospect, don't know what average he would come on but we'll worth a punt

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Neila said:

Enjoyable meeting for a good cause,  Dan Bewley was outstanding,  a mention to the young American with a great name  Slater lLghthouse a very good prospect, don't know what average he would come on but we'll worth a punt

Slater is a prospect.

28 minutes ago, Neila said:

Must admit, I never saw anyone with THAT name riding today ?  Must get my eyesight checked !:blink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Few people took note of slater rode much better than his score 

2 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Must admit, I never saw anyone with THAT name riding today ?  Must get my eyesight checked !:blink:

That's what predicted text does and no time to check what's it's done, slater lightcap is his name :D