British Speedway Forum

FIM Woman's Speedway Gold Trophy

38 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Seems to me that the FIM and Speedway across the World need to make up their mind on this one... either men and women can compete against each other as is the case now, or they need to insist that men and women have their own separate competitions. 

Or they could have pairs competition with one male and one female and perhaps using a lower standard of male (by this I mean not GP level riders before anyone complains) this might help the female contingent raise their game albeit I see little wrong with the start that has been made and long may it continue

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Seems to me that the FIM and Speedway across the World need to make up their mind on this one... either men and women can compete against each other as is the case now, or they need to insist that men and women have their own separate competitions. 

And we would need an "Open" category for transgender and non-binary individuals...

26 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What rubbish chunky. No other sport has such a category.

My point was that women may find a more level playing field if they ran a separate womens speedway , and were not made to compete with men. This would IMHO attract more young girls into the sport.

Would you stop Celina riding for Workington?

4 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sorry to hear about your hospital stay; was it painful having your sense of humour amputated?

You do realize that a number of sports are appearing to move in that direction, don't you? If you claim to neither be male or female, then obviously, you can't compete as a male or female. As crazy as that sounds, it's going to happen...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

My point was that women may find a more level playing field if they ran a separate womens speedway , and were not made to compete with men. This would IMHO attract more young girls into the sport.

Personally I don't see a problem... we already have category's of championships, U16, U19, U21, U23, European, British etc. This is just another category

• Like 1

21 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

It is just like motorsport as there is F1 Academy, a series for female racing drivers though you also have female drivers racing in F3, WEC, ELMS etc and have/doing a great job in them racing against men.

2 hours ago, Richspeedway said:

It is just like motorsport as there is F1 Academy, a series for female racing drivers though you also have female drivers racing in F3, WEC, ELMS etc and have/doing a great job in them racing against men.

Didn't Sophia Floersch, the top female racer, opt out of, and speak out against, the female series saying it undermined the effort women currently make to compete against men? I'm sure I remember reading that a while back.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grachan said:

Didn't Sophia Floersch, the top female racer, opt out of, and speak out against, the female series saying it undermined the effort women currently make to compete against men? I'm sure I remember reading that a while back.

Yeah that is right as she does F3 now and has done Sportscars. A few others do Sportscars as well think with the same idea. I do not have anything against F1 Academy or motorsport just for women as do watch F1 Academy but like said in other posts in series where you have women and men competing together there is not a massive disadvantage and seen women win races in a grid with men

this whole conversation is mental, mean while I'm watching baby face speedway riders travelled from all over the world to compete in a world champion ship. everyone should have the right to win a world, title and if we cant just change the rules.

Edited by gjcone44

14 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

this whole conversation is mental, mean while I'm watching baby face speedway riders travelled from all over the world to compete in a world champion ship. everyone should have the right to win a world, title and if we cant just change the rules.

Not sure about mental, but that is unintelligible :blink:

Certainly am if someone posts like a young child who knows words, just doesn't know how to compose an intelligible sentence with them B)

Who is competing in this ship for instance. And what do ships have to do with speedway ?

Edited by iris123

25 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Certainly am if someone posts like a young child who knows words, just doesn't know how to compose an intelligible sentence with them B)

Who is competing in this ship for instance. And what do ships have to do with speedway ?

see what i mean, your all confused 

2 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

see what i mean, your all confused 

Exactly

The idea behind a discussion forum is to get your point across to others in relatively clear english. Well that is the language i learnt. It doesn't have to be perfect grammar, but the point has to be understandable. If you have a point, which i doubt, it doesn't come across in child speak. Maybe you want to post it in the junior section ? Maybe it was meant for these baby faced people on the ship ? 

Ok the alarm bells are ringing. I have a feeling you were an unintelligible conspiracy loon in a previous life

I think it is time for me to abandon ship and leave you with the baby faced people

On 6/25/2024 at 3:34 PM, Richspeedway said:

Women are competitive in lower levels of (mixed) car racing, although there just less of them competing. There are just very few/none at the top levels for whatever reason. 

• Like 2