British Speedway Forum

Aces v Lions

A much improved away performance from the Lions but that wouldn't have been difficult after the pathetic display at Ippo. Can't help but think that r/r scoring only 4 flattered us a bit. Usual suspects not performing but on the plus side Fricke riding like a number 1 at last. 

Some great speedway racing tonight

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Always a good crowd at Poole, you wouldn't have thought Belle Vue would struggle to get a decent crowd.

Too many big meetings...

The PCM, The British Final, and obviously, The Son, which will have miles more Aces fans there than any other team...

Not cheap having such great racing to watch, with many of the world's best in attendance ....

• Like 1

There was more passing in that one meeting than all of our six away league matches put together so not good TV for the modern day speedway fan with little gate ‘n’ go to warm their cockles. Must admit I enjoyed it.

Bloody Poole fans are like rats on this forum always infiltrating threads with their garbage …. Poole a place with nothing to do… v Manchester lol of course it’s easier to attract bigger crowds down there even though it’s accepted the track is garbage ….. 

As for the meeting thought it was a great watch on a proper track but Leicester need changes badly 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

just got back very good meeting close racing classic between Fricke and Bewley, Luke Killeen put a lot of effort in to more than i could say about Craig cook. i got my £24 worth. was sad to see stadium that sparse, but this generation of brits do like their settees, will always prefer to watch live than sat in house.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, iainb said:

A much improved away performance from the Lions but that wouldn't have been difficult after the pathetic display at Ippo. Can't help but think that r/r scoring only 4 flattered us a bit. Usual suspects not performing but on the plus side Fricke riding like a number 1 at last. 

Some great speedway racing tonight

I thought Young Killeen rode very well and did not disgrace himself. Even when he failed to score in a couple, he was on the pace. Put his senior partner to shame imo 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

Some great racing. Fricke and Bewley absolutely flying worth the watch. Yes the crowd looked poor which was a surprise with the weather. 

BV need to keep that kind of form up if they’re going to challenge the top 2

They don't need to challenge the top 2 until the play-offs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Having a large screen to watch the TV coverage replays etc at the same time, and all the interviews and comments too, could help maybe? 

It is mind numbing being sat there for what seems a long, long time waiting for your next race to start...

Clubs should remove their TV match from being included within season tickets. That would allow them to charge season ticket holders a special rate for that match, and to anyone who has paid to get in at other non-TV matches within the previous 12 months (obviously with proof of purchase)

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 8:46 PM, ouch said:

Maybe try £14 admission and kids free for professional 500cc no brakes speedway. The place would be packed……..wouldn’t it?

It might be - however i recall Arena Essex (my team) promoting a free meeting serveral years ago - place was packed of course - lets just say the regulars were back a week later but not the ones that had turned up for free!

Great meeting - some really good heats - very much  enjoyed that - Fricke was just brilliant

25 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

It might be - however i recall Arena Essex (my team) promoting a free meeting serveral years ago - place was packed of course - lets just say the regulars were back a week later but not the ones that had turned up for free!

Great meeting - some really good heats - very much  enjoyed that - Fricke was just brilliant

I go and get a free coffee every week from Greggs, as I used to have my energy supplied by Octopus and they give me a code every week, even though I left them months ago they still haven't closed my account down!

There's no way I'd go and pay £2 for a coffee every week even though I do enjoy my freebie. It's just too much trouble and I don't feel I'm massively missing out by not having my coffee