British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

This is a SPEEDWAY forum, not a prison recall noticeboard….move on.

It is totally relevant 

He was looking to return to the sport, putting out PR that he had learnt his lesson and deserved a second chance

Whether he is at liberty to take up a team spot is a key factor in the story

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Do you know why or for how long ? 

I don’t know exactly why but I’m told it was something to do with fighting when in a bender. But that’s only hearsay. 

I assume he will have to do the rest of his term so another 3/4 years. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I don’t know exactly why but I’m told it was something to do with fighting when in a bender.

That's some skill, must have been trained up in that last time he was in prison?!? They say men can't multi-task :D

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's some skill, must have been trained up in that last time he was in prison?!? They say men can't multi-task :D

Nooooo. You don't mean :)

Image result for funny man holding soap in shower pics

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I don’t know exactly why but I’m told it was something to do with fighting when in a bender. But that’s only hearsay. 

Makes me wonder how/where he got the money to go on a bender, and did he acquire it legally.

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

Makes me wonder how/where he got the money to go on a bender, and did he acquire it legally.

That could be as simples as his dole money, or someone treating him. It doesn't look like he has distanced himself from the bad eggs he said he had though.

12 hours ago, RS50 said:

When a person gets out of jail quite often his mates will take him out for a few beers to celebrate his release , one of his friends may have subbed him a few quid until he gets himself sorted , if that was was the case it know looks like they may have to wait a while to get it back 

Am I the only one who thinks this is a real shame if true? I was one of those who thought no thanks to riding at my club and he shouldn’t be allowed back near the sport but I watched his interview and thought he showed genuine remorse and wanted to put it behind him and be a better person, from that point I thought everyone deserves a second chance but maybe I’m just gullible.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a real shame if true? I was one of those who thought no thanks to riding at my club and he shouldn’t be allowed back near the sport but I watched his interview and thought he showed genuine remorse and wanted to put it behind him and be a better person, from that point I thought everyone deserves a second chance but maybe I’m just gullible.

good people will always try to find the best in people, no idea if this is true but keep being like the rest of us, a good solid person..

• Like 1

I heard as he was on licence and his previous bad acquaintances etc knew where he had been bailed to, they were intent on making it very difficult for him.

Due to his licence conditions if anything kicked off disturbance wise he'd have no chance to explain it or defend himself and would be recalled to prison without notice.  This happened, so despite his efforts to get back on the straight and narrow he could now face his full term behind bars.

26 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

I heard as he was on licence and his previous bad acquaintances etc knew where he had been bailed to, they were intent on making it very difficult for him.

Due to his licence conditions if anything kicked off disturbance wise he'd have no chance to explain it or defend himself and would be recalled to prison without notice.  This happened, so despite his efforts to get back on the straight and narrow he could now face his full term behind bars.

You're making it sound like Garrity is the victim!

I was all for giving him a 2nd chance... but he blew it before he even got a team spot anywhere, unbelievable. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

Yes. As i posted on the other thread, it was some years ago when he said he was a reformed person and wanted another chance.......here we are, and how long will it be before he is saying he is a reformed character and wants another chance ? What are the odds ?

10 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Yes. As i posted on the other thread, it was some years ago when he said he was a reformed person and wanted another chance.......here we are, and how long will it be before he is saying he is a reformed character and wants another chance ? What are the odds ?

Bookies dont give odds on dead certs do they?

• Like 1