British Speedway Forum

Berwick v Glasgow CL 22/06/24 7-00pm

Some idiotic Glasgow fans booing Drew Kemp after heat 15. No wonder nobody likes you 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Some idiotic Glasgow fans booing Drew Kemp after heat 15. No wonder nobody likes you 

Aye  the numpty in front of me and my pal was giving Drew pelters , my pal told him he was a disgrace 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good win for Glasgow.

Track was causing riders problems….. entertainment value 1 out of 10… riders having difficulty catching up distance.. very little passing after the first half lap.

I have never liked the track.Only visited Berwick as part of a trip.. Edinburgh ,Berwick and Glasgow. Biggest track in Britain and biggest bore watching the racing.

Watched this but not great racing. Harris worth the admission fee alone but a lot of all over by first bend. Kemps ride against Harris was excellent. He is so hot and cold. A good rider in there somewhere trying to get out. As for the heat 15 exclusion, I agree with ref that Harris had to go. He brushed Kemps foot with his dirt deflector, unbalancing Kemp. Tough call but correct. 

Result never in doubt from heat 11. Berwick had no real answer to Harris and Worrall.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Watched this but not great racing. Harris worth the admission fee alone but a lot of all over by first bend. Kemps ride against Harris was excellent. He is so hot and cold. A good rider in there somewhere trying to get out. As for the heat 15 exclusion, I agree with ref that Harris had to go. He brushed Kemps foot with his dirt deflector, unbalancing Kemp. Tough call but correct. 

Result never in doubt from heat 11. Berwick had no real answer to Harris and Worrall.

Or Flint 11pts from 4 rides

• Like 1

looked a decent crowed in there, meeting was a bit processional, but score going up and down kept it interesting, Sam did keep pushing his luck in that last race, and i think was lucky to get away with a broken tooth, and would of been shook up with smiths bike hitting him full on.  tough decision for ref , but it is tight going into that bend, that move did unsettle drew going into that bend. does remind me a bit of the old Workington track.

9 hours ago, Shadders said:

Every track has them unfortunately.  Although since the take over at Glasgow , almost 10 years ago now , some of the newer fans have got that football supporter mentality and it is embarrassing at times 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Paulco said:

Every track has them unfortunately.  Although since the take over at Glasgow , almost 10 years ago now , some of the newer fans have got that football supporter mentality and it is embarrassing at times 

Same Friday. Main stand giving Hagon pelters for 1st bend bunching but cheering when Harris nearly fences him later on. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paulco said:

The Glasgow fans I've met are some of the nicest in speedway.

1 hour ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Good win for Glasgow.

Track was causing riders problems….. entertainment value 1 out of 10… riders having difficulty catching up distance.. very little passing after the first half lap.

I have never liked the track.Only visited Berwick as part of a trip.. Edinburgh ,Berwick and Glasgow. Biggest track in Britain and biggest bore watching the racing.

If there was room for the straights to be twice as wide it'd be an awesome track, the entries and exits to what are pretty awesome bends are just too tight, its a shame. 

As for Berwick, their season looked pretty promising not that long ago but injuries have wrecked it, as well as Hume and Hodder going completely off the boil. 

• Like 1

A good 5 point weekend for us , just what we needed . Both meetings ran a similar course , Berwick in control in the first part of the meeting , then fading out of it when Harris and Worrall took command . Good to see Leon scoring well back on his old stomping ground . Was glad Harris finished second in heat 5 which enabled him to come back out in 6 as a taccy sub   That 5-1 with Worrall was the kick start to the win 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The Glasgow fans I've met are some of the nicest in speedway.

If there was room for the straights to be twice as wide it'd be an awesome track, the entries and exits to what are pretty awesome bends are just too tight, its a shame. 

As for Berwick, their season looked pretty promising not that long ago but injuries have wrecked it, as well as Hume and Hodder going completely off the boil. 

The straights at Berwick are not narrow the entrance to the bends we’re widened a few seasons ago but unfortunately has not made much difference as there really is only one fast line into the bends(unless your Chris Harris who is just awesome round Shielfield).
Most of the decent riders can ride the track and if are in the lead they are going that fast overtaking is at a premium.IMO. The racing line these days is on about metre from the fence it’s daredevil stuff to overtake.IMO.The track is FIM approved.

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The straights at Berwick are not narrow the entrance to the bends we’re widened a few seasons ago but unfortunately has not made much difference as there really is only one fast line into the bends(unless your Chris Harris who is just awesome round Shielfield).
Most of the decent riders can ride the track and if are in the lead they are going that fast overtaking is at a premium.IMO. The racing line these days is on about metre from the fence it’s daredevil stuff to overtake.IMO.The track is FIM approved.

But still (IMO) produces crap speedway.

37 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Same Friday. Main stand giving Hagon pelters for 1st bend bunching but cheering when Harris nearly fences him later on. 

Yeah, and Hagon getting booed on every appearance from then on. It would be really interesting to see what the reaction would have been if Hagon had been guesting for us and a similar incident had occurred. Some really blinkered, one sided supporters going about these days. As Paulco says, football type fans. 

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Track is normally slick so end up with one line. I was on trackstaff many moons ago and we had rakes to pull dirt back as there was always plenty from the fence across the track but that seems to be a thing of the past now. Last night was the first time i have ever left 3rd bend to sit in main stand due to the dust.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Its very unlikely you will ever win a meeting with only 5 race wins, that was Berwick`s un-doing.

Definitely no where good enough especially at home 

6 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Definitely no where good enough especially at home 

Days of away teams being wary of coming to Berwick are over, we don't have a home advantage nowadays