British Speedway Forum

Birmingham vs King’s Lynn - June 24th 2024

Thought Nigel Tolley was pretty embarrassing in his after match interview. Blaming the track, weather, referee & things "just not going their way" needs to realise it's his team that lost the match, track is the same for both teams, needs his riders to be more consistent & a team manager who doesn't mess up the riding order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Was the attendance a lot better as the Promoter had requested?

Yes. Very healthy turnout. 
Lots of new faces, youngsters and families with children that are not normally there. 
warm weather at last was also a blessing, as was the much anticipated debut of lindgren 

Edited by the hobbit

44 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

How embarrassing was that Jimmy Savile lookalike, Nigel Tolley, in his post match interview :o so disrespectful to King’s Lynn and their riders too!!! 

Now then, now then..Be nice

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

How embarrassing was that Jimmy Savile lookalike, Nigel Tolley, in his post match interview :o so disrespectful to King’s Lynn and their riders too!!! 

The only person Tolley should have been lambasting was his team manager for his absurd riding order snd yet again, his unthathomable lack of team changes, leaving sedgemen in 12 and Worrall in heat 13. 
oh and maybe he could also have a word in the track man’s ear for yet again having a track surface totally different from the last hone meeting. Yes it was a really hot day all day, thus making it difficult to keep the moisture in the track but why oh why wasn’t the track watered far more often during the meeting? 

kings Lynn rode harder than we did, attacked the track more and fully deserved their win. 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

The only person Tolley should have been lambasting was his team manager for his absurd riding order snd yet again, his unthathomable lack of team changes, leaving sedgemen in 12 and Worrall in heat 13. 
oh and maybe he could also have a word in the track man’s ear for yet again having a track surface totally different from the last hone meeting. Yes it was a really hot day all day, thus making it difficult to keep the moisture in the track but why oh why wasn’t the track watered far more often during the meeting? 

kings Lynn rode harder than we did, attacked the track more and fully deserved their win. 

I think you summed it up perfectly mate 

6 hours ago, the hobbit said:

It's the same old... every meeting!

Clueless!

Things looking up for the Stars - again if they could have not had that points deduction and got their ducks in a row properly and not been playing silly beggers with calls offs etc they could have been up there, as it is they could have a say in the playoffs if they can keep this momentum going.

Pleased to see the bigger crowd for Birmingham - and have to say would never have predicted a max for Tungate!

9 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Wonder if the riding order change was Tom not wanting no5. He has 2nd highest average at both Birmingham and Poole but does not go at 5 for either.

Even if that's true, it's up to the team manager to pick the riding order, not the riders.

• Like 1

Brum is a very unsettled club that needs quite a bit of fixing if the club were to stick with the same 1-7.

1. Tolley needs to try and tempt Pete Adams to Brum again to work alongside Chris, Sudden Sam is basically the Joe Biden of Speedway Managers.

2. Need to settle on a riding order and stick with it unless forced into changing it instead of chopping and changing every meeting.

3. Tolley needs to stop putting too much pressure on his riders pre-meeting, You hear comments from Woffinden and Blodorn about how laid back they're feeling in British Speedway whilst having a good laugh with team mates and opposition riders prior to Heat 1, At Birmingham it just seems like the riders are under constant pressure, First it was the Lindgren situation where everyone was riding for their jobs, Now Tolley is coming out with unrealistic expectations about winning the bonus point against KL last night when even a win on the night would've been an achievement in itself.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TTT said:

Brum is a very unsettled club that needs quite a bit of fixing if the club were to stick with the same 1-7.

1. Tolley needs to try and tempt Pete Adams to Brum again to work alongside Chris, Sudden Sam is basically the Joe Biden of Speedway Managers.

2. Need to settle on a riding order and stick with it unless forced into changing it instead of chopping and changing every meeting.

3. Tolley needs to stop putting too much pressure on his riders pre-meeting, You hear comments from Woffinden and Blodorn about how laid back they're feeling in British Speedway whilst having a good laugh with team mates and opposition riders prior to Heat 1, At Birmingham it just seems like the riders are under constant pressure, First it was the Lindgren situation where everyone was riding for their jobs, Now Tolley is coming out with unrealistic expectations about winning the bonus point against KL last night when even a win on the night would've been an achievement in itself.

Totally agree!

King's Lynn were smart in their selection of their two guests who made them stronger, and ultimately proved their match winners. Fair play to them for doing so - they complied with the rules, and they deserved their win.

As a Birmingham supporter, I was disappointed with my team's performance which was well below par. The team just doesn't seem to collectively click and although I agree that it isn't a strong team, it should be doing better than it is.

5 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

King's Lynn were smart in their selection of their two guests who made them stronger, and ultimately proved their match winners. Fair play to them for doing so - they complied with the rules, and they deserved their win.

As a Birmingham supporter, I was disappointed with my team's performance which was well below par. The team just doesn't seem to collectively click and although I agree that it isn't a strong team, it should be doing better than it is.

Brian, I have to say I agree with the points you have made, I would also suggest the Perry Barr track is primarily a gaters track where you occasionally get the odd overtake predominantly round the 3rd and 4th bends, the 2 riders that are consistently performing below par are Worrall and Pawlicki, Worrall is on a downward spiral which he seems unable to ride himself out of, Pawlicki can best be described as disappointing, Sedgy is also past his sell by date, Flint is what he is a young reserve learning his trade, and Lampart comes under the same bracket, The one shining light for the Brummies has been young Tom Brennan without his scores I dread to think where Birmingham would be, yes you should be doing better than what you are doing but the mistakes were made in the original make up of the Team, the Team badly needs another Heat leader to support Freddie and take some of the weight of young Tom's shoulders who you could get I have no idea maybe another ex Wolf in Jacob Thorsell, as to who you leave out ? it's six of one and half a dozen of the other, probably to late now anyhow but better late than never, keep safe Brian and lets hope for an uptake in form.