British Speedway Forum

Oxford vs Poole 19th June Championship

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Rent free in your head or what.

Now come on mate, you know you have to have homework finished before bed at 7. Crack on. :rofl::rofl:

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2024 at 12:13 PM, BackInTheDHSS said:

I normally go with four other people, but two of them aren't coming this time as a result of that.

Ha ha that’s what they told you loser !

On 6/18/2024 at 2:22 PM, BackInTheDHSS said:

disgruntled at the refund given, myself included. I've decided to suck it up and keep going

Shouldn’t have bothered ,Fans like you are no loss to Oxford !

On 6/19/2024 at 12:24 PM, Bojangles said:

Yes, that's what I thought when I bought one...but it was the '28 scheduled fixtures' that got me thinking. The fact they put the actual number, as opposed to just league fixtures etc, is giving me doubts. And I really can't see why people who paid on the gate get shafted, while season ticket holders get away with it. I'll try and contact them and find out, although they're not the best at getting back to you.

Ha, you beat me to it. That's very true. But let's see....

Seems fairly straightforward to be honest.

When the season passes went on sale there was, and still is, a variable number of meetings in the season dependent on progress in knockout competitions and whether or not they reach the play-offs.

Alternatives: not to have season passes or to specify that they are valid for the number of league fixtures (28) known in November/December last year.

Standard in just about every other sport I can think of.

Commits the club to providing you with 28 fixtures. It seems equally obvious that as the Ipswich match was a failed fixture it doesn't count towards the 28 but the restaging will. Season pass holders certainly win in this situation but then again if they miss a couple of fixtures for whatever reason they don't get any money back from what they paid for their season pass. 

27 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Seems fairly straightforward to be honest.

When the season passes went on sale there was, and still is, a variable number of meetings in the season dependent on progress in knockout competitions and whether or not they reach the play-offs.

Alternatives: not to have season passes or to specify that they are valid for the number of league fixtures (28) known in November/December last year.

Standard in just about every other sport I can think of.

Commits the club to providing you with 28 fixtures. It seems equally obvious that as the Ipswich match was a failed fixture it doesn't count towards the 28 but the restaging will. Season pass holders certainly win in this situation but then again if they miss a couple of fixtures for whatever reason they don't get any money back from what they paid for their season pass. 

Not sure how it seems fairly straightforward when you haven't read the Ts&Cs? They clearly state all of what you said is already excluded, as well as stating the 28 home fixtures.

I won't post the whole thing here, but here's the important extract...

Ultimate Pass valid for Chargers, Cheetahs and Spires scheduled 28 home fixtures. All passes exclude KO Cup, Play Off progression and individual and shared events.

And if it's equally obvious that the Ipswich match was a failed fixture, why weren't people who paid on the gate given all of their money back for said failed fixture? To be honest, I think and hope you're right, but I certainly wouldn't say it's as crystal clear as you're making out. Some communication from the club would at least be nice.

Still haven't had a response from Oxford yet.

Edited by Bojangles