British Speedway Forum

Oxford vs Poole 19th June Championship

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, maybe time to get rid of superheat as now the Daily Echo saying we lost the meeting! :blink: If the media struggle with it prob best to scrap it tbh. 

I would say Oxford won the meeting & Poole drew the meeting.

Easy to understand - not!

2 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Awful decision to allow Brennan back in the super heat, but at least it didn't cost us.

That might be the only match Poole lose in the league all season.

Don't see Poole winning at Scunthorpe or Workington tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think it is a very pointless rule.

Well it is but you need sum way of deciding an aggregate bonus point if the score is level after the two meetings.

• Like 1

Good meeting and good result considering our guest didnt trouble the scorers. Vinnie tries but alas not much to show for his efforts. Unlucky in heat 14, obviously Boughen prefers to ride on his own as he would never had won the race otherwise.Superheat was strange, first running there should have been an exclusion but alas the ref bottled it just because the cameras were present and Masters dived, Nicholls would never have come off after such minimal contact.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lbw said:

Well it is but you need sum way of deciding an aggregate bonus point if the score is level after the two meetings.

A run-off?

I wasn't disagreeing with your idea of only using if for aggregate wins, still prefer a run-off though.

Don't know what's wrong with having a draw after 15 heats?

Edited by szkocjasid

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

That's a very controversial comment to make! :rofl:

U made me burp!

Edited by lbw

Had me continental breakfast in the b&b and will be avin a celebration flat white mid morning before the return trip home on the train.

Oh wot a night, yep I'm still buzzin' from last night. Av always enjoyed my visits to Cowley and it's a credit to the whole set up that the speedway is back. 

See all you Cheetahs at WINborne Road in August :t:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lbw said:

I smell of coffee.......me nickname is Costa 'Rica'! :lol:

Are you sure you smell of coffee ? mayb something else that looks like coffee !

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not in this case Poole will be top of the league & miles away from 5th imo.

My biggest issue with the scoring system is both teams end up happy, Poole gain a point but Oxford don't lose any.

Every other club in the league will be unhappy.

I was talking about Oxford getting into the top 4, obviously Poole will be miles clear from 5th 

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think Scunthorpe are that great, and if Oxford can run Workington pretty close, I'd fancy Poole to beat them. Poole are miles clear of everybody else in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The super heat absolutely favours the home side. If an away team gets a draw, two points away, one for the home side. A team like Oxford are not going to drop many points at home in heats 13 and 15. And if there’s a super heat it’s those two again. Plus they had pick of the gates in the super heat! 

A good meeting though and a point for the Pirates. 

The usual bleating from Shovvy!  You were beaten by the better side. 

2 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I don't think Scunthorpe are that great, and if Oxford can run Workington pretty close, I'd fancy Poole to beat them. Poole are miles clear of everybody else in my opinion.

Font of all knowledge patronising opinionated superior Oxford bully get back to your caravan