British Speedway Forum

Oxford vs Poole 19th June Championship

1 hour ago, lbw said:

Really looking forward to tonight''s meeting at Sandy Lane as I drink me pre-meeting flat white in me local Costa.

This will be my 4th visit (incl. one rain off) of the season to Oxford where I always enjoy the racing and this time the Pirates will hopefully be the winners in what I expect to be a closely hard fought contest.

Mind yers the Poole side is more like a Pirates/Lions select side with Lawson, Hagon, Thompson (Cubs) & Foord (Cubs). Certainly gives the Pirates plenty of roar! :D

Me score-ometer reads a Pirates victory 47-43 to really get a hold on the play offs. 

If anyone can we can 

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

Be surprised if we win now Heeps has found his form. If we can keep it within 10 that would be good. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Be surprised if we win now Heeps has found his form. If we can keep it within 10 that would be good. 

I'm always positive Lisa, wouldn't go if I didn't think we could win. 

U need a flat white & some pickled onions! :lol:

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Heeps is always good at Oxford, his away form has picked up now which is good for them but still looks a very average team that we should be capable of beating.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Not sure that works with Oxford. Oxford's season ticket Ts&Cs states that it's only 'valid for all 28 scheduled home fixtures'. The wording makes it sound like the Ipswich re-staging won't be included.

Surely it’s still a scheduled fixture if a result wasn’t declared though.Its still to take place.

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Surely it’s still a scheduled fixture if a result wasn’t declared though.Its still to take place.

You'd think so. But how does that differ from somebody who bought a one-off ticket, though?

Would imagine the scheduled fixtures cover the rerun - probably best to ask the club direct rather than rely on the BSF's conspiracy theorists for answers though. Almost certainly what qualifies as non scheduled fixtures are play-offs, KO Cup for the Cheetahs, Championship Pairs

2 hours ago, lbw said:

I'm always positive Lisa, wouldn't go if I didn't think we could win. 

U need a flat white & some pickled onions! :lol:

Are you sponsored by a certain expensive coffee chain :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Neila said:

Are you sponsored by a certain expensive coffee chain :rolleyes:

Hey up, i had 2 flat white's this morning so them Cheetahs better watch out! 

Keep pulling that chain! Toot toot! :D

Edited by lbw

1 hour ago, George Dodds said:

Would imagine the scheduled fixtures cover the rerun - probably best to ask the club direct rather than rely on the BSF's conspiracy theorists for answers though. Almost certainly what qualifies as non scheduled fixtures are play-offs, KO Cup for the Cheetahs, Championship Pairs

The words of somebody who has never tried to contact Oxford speedway! Haha. I've never had a response to an email, and this forum is full of other people who have never had a response either. 

1 hour ago, George Dodds said:

Yes, that's what I thought when I bought one...but it was the '28 scheduled fixtures' that got me thinking. The fact they put the actual number, as opposed to just league fixtures etc, is giving me doubts. And I really can't see why people who paid on the gate get shafted, while season ticket holders get away with it. I'll try and contact them and find out, although they're not the best at getting back to you.

7 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

The words of somebody who has never tried to contact Oxford speedway! Haha. I've never had a response to an email, and this forum is full of other people who have never had a response either.

Ha, you beat me to it. That's very true. But let's see....

Edited by Bojangles
Adding in extra quote

27 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Don't get waylaid amongst the Spires............!!:t:

Enjoy. BSN for me. COYP

Accidentally on purpose I've fallen into a pub! Wasn't my fault it was me brain! :D

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wobblywheel said:

To all travelling Poole fans,

Another dry, warm day. Should be good racing but could be like a sandstorm. Make sure you bring goggles and appropriate plugs to keep the dust out of all orifices!!

M

The Pirates charge into 'Sandy' Lane! :lol:

Screenshot_20240619-161401_1_1.png

Edited by lbw

3 hours ago, lbw said:

Accidentally on purpose I've fallen into a pub! Wasn't my fault it was me brain! :D

Did you get a flat white or a southern flat pint with no head on it :D