British Speedway Forum

Redcar V Edinburgh 14/6/24

16 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

What are the chances of this being on folks, we are getting ready to leave

Currently raining in Middlesbrough but forecast to stop in next half hour or so and forecast for the rest of the day (currently) isn’t too bad.

I’m not that close to the track so not sure how much rain it’s taken over the last few days but facebook page was just updated and no mention of the meeting being in doubt atm.

• Like 1

In terms of the meeting itself, as always it’s hard to call. Depends what version of each team turns up on the night.

Danny King back, will be interesting to see if he’s fully back upto speed. Need solid showings from the rest of the team to make sure he’s not under too much pressure.

Monarchs can be as unpredictable as the Bears but always a pleasure to watch Josh Pickering, one of the leagues great entertainers on a track he rides really well (although he’s not seen this seasons version of it!).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

In terms of the meeting itself, as always it’s hard to call. Depends what version of each team turns up on the night.

Danny King back, will be interesting to see if he’s fully back upto speed. Need solid showings from the rest of the team to make sure he’s not under too much pressure.

Monarchs can be as unpredictable as the Bears but always a pleasure to watch Josh Pickering, one of the leagues great entertainers on a track he rides really well (although he’s not seen this seasons version of it!).

Should be a close meeting, if its on (excellent chance it will be). So many of the monarchs, go as well at Redcar, as they do at Armadale, (some better I think). A lot depends on Danny King will he be on it. I'm thinking last heat decider, probably going the way of the monarchs. Lets hope the weather plays ball and we get to find out. 

29 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Should be a close meeting, if its on (excellent chance it will be). So many of the monarchs, go as well at Redcar, as they do at Armadale, (some better I think). A lot depends on Danny King will he be on it. I'm thinking last heat decider, probably going the way of the monarchs. Lets hope the weather plays ball and we get to find out. 

I hope you are right. A lot depends on who “turns up” and how 6&7 perform

1 hour ago, Gr8scot said:

I hope you are right. A lot depends on who “turns up” and how 6&7 perform

Think you know how many your number 6 will score lol

13 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Think you know how many your number 6 will score lol

Well he beat both Mulford and Trigger last week guesting in the NL match. But I would hope that the Bears reserves out score the opposition reserves tonight.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Well he beat both Mulford and Trigger last week guesting in the NL match. But I would hope that the Bears reserves out score the opposition reserves tonight.

Didn't beat trigger

Sooner we move kye Thomson on the better. He’s the main reason we don’t win meetings. 3 points from your number 3 only beating reserves. Coles away from Armadale is also a waste of time cause he’s so slow. 

On a positive note great to see paco scoring so well again and for dayle to score a few points. Bonus point still in play. 

Nice to win a close meeting for a change. Must admit I had my doubts before Heat 13 but credit to Charles and Danny they pulled it out in their last 2 rides.

Solid team performance and could even have an often have an off night for Jason. Really good to have Danny back and a full 1-7.

Monarchs had more heat winners than the Bears - Pickering,as expected, entertaining. Sedgmen, as expected, excellent when he gated and Paco had his best meeting at Redcar. Wood deserved more and battled really well, certainly improved since I last saw him.

Racing wasn’t great again with a lot of FTG but Heat 13 was a cracking race.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Sooner we move kye Thomson on the better. He’s the main reason we don’t win meetings. 3 points from your number 3 only beating reserves. Coles away from Armadale is also a waste of time cause he’s so slow. 

On a positive note great to see paco scoring so well again and for dayle to score a few points. Bonus point still in play. 

Paco's shooting almost two points above his starting average this year, nice to see him delivering more consistent performances.

2 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Paco's shooting almost two points above his starting average this year, nice to see him delivering more consistent performances.

Problem being his supposed heat leader parter is god awful.

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Problem being his supposed heat leader parter is god awful.

Fact is it just ain't working for us just now despite some good returns from some.  2 points from 5 matches and 9th out of 9 is getting a bit too squeaky for comfort.  Next 2 matches with League leaders now look challenging it would appear.  Maybe a couple of tweaks required before we get anchored at #9 ?

Well done Danny King, pulled it out the bag when it mattered. Best he has ridden all season.King Charles came good thankfully in the end. Also Dan Gilkes impressed.

For the Monarchs Sedgmen looked untouchable in his first three then disappeared in 13. Pickering plenty of effort and I thought was robbed in heat one personally. Castagna good as well 

Heat 13 was excellent thankfully but other than that it was rather processional.

• Like 1

Dayle Wood seems to have come on a bundle since last year. I don't know what he's like at Armadale but he seemed so much more in control and safer than last season. 

The automated starting system didn't seem to be in use tonight with the ref telegraphing his over elaborate button presses to anybody who cared to look at him. 

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

Dayle Wood seems to have come on a bundle since last year. I don't know what he's like at Armadale but he seemed so much more in control and safer than last season. 

The automated starting system didn't seem to be in use tonight with the ref telegraphing his over elaborate button presses to anybody who cared to look at him. 

Don't think the riders look at the Ref though?

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

Don't think the riders look at the Ref though?

I know, maybe they should, they might be missing a trick