British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Oxford 17/06/24

All-round solid performance from King's Lynn. If that can be delivered every meeting they could trouble the top sides. Great shame Musielak isn't with them, they could well have been considered as one of the top teams.

Lynn good tonight solid all over and kept chipping away at the points. I thought Oxford would of taken this but certainly not as strong as they were at the start of season. Hope the crowd is better next time for Lynn starting to go well at home now hopefully push on for them.

30 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

pretty sure Abbey said janowoski GP rider :nono:

Janowski is lined up to replace Lebedevs in the next GP if Lebedevs busted ribs don't heal in time after his crash in Poland yesterday

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Janowski is lined up to replace Lebedevs in the next GP if Lebedevs busted ribs don't heal in time after his crash in Poland yesterday

That will be the next 28 day suspension then. Janowski withholding services due to focusing on GPs

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mikebv said:

Looking at the crowd size, there must be loads on in Kings Lynn on a Monday..:rolleyes:

Not normal levels I presume...

You know Lynn's crowds ain't great, and it's on TV.. Don't you have anything positive to say about anything from  the meeting?:rolleyes:  Dear oh dear.... Didn't you know there was a free orgy for over 50's just up the road, with free beer, knee braces, and shackles, and if you took both parents, they would get a free leg up onto the bed thrown in too.? :nono:It was banging.. I enjoyed myself :P

Well done to the Stars without their number one. Jan had a good first meeting, and it was good to see Magic going well (as long as we won), i admit i have a soft spot for him since his little Stars stint. Track looked really smooth, and safe. Hope we can get Toby back some time. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 2

I decided to pop over to watch this meeting tonight to get my Speedway fix.

Have to say very disappointed with Oxford(Not Janowski),but never really put up much of a fight,in fact a Feeble effort for a side who sit in 4th place,and King's Lynn didn't have to do a lot to win the meeting.

Surprised at the Small Crowd, but I suppose with Eurosport covering it made some stay at home.

Kvech went well, we will see how long that lasts, but early signs tonight are good.

Anders Rowe is really impressing me at the moment,looks fast and tries to Team Ride all the time. Basso weighed in with good points as well.

Good win for Lynn,plus the Bonus Point,which helps them in catching the Brummies for 6th Place.

If they get the Musielak situation sorted, then they have a strong 1-7 who could certainly go on a run of good results and who knows where they could finish.

Enjoyable evening, well done the Stars,dissappointing from the Spires.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, tellboy said:

I don't think he has,I'm sure someone will put me right if he has.He may struggle to start I think.But if he has had words with Topinka he will be able to get to grips with it fairly quickly I hope.Just remember how Topinka rode it when he first come over as a teenager:o.

Looking forward obviously to see Kvech make his debut,but also the return of Janowski,he may be struggling a bit but it doesn't stop him from being a good bloke.

The practice that Kvech had at the Adrian Flux on Sunday night must have helped 

10 hours ago, proud panther said:

Spot the crowd, hope this isn't a normal attendance, or we will have another team folding.

I have been to all King’s Lynn home meetings this season so far and the crowds have been amazing!! I think this meeting being on TV is the reason why the crowd was less 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I have been to all King’s Lynn home meetings this season so far and the crowds have been amazing!! I think this meeting being on TV is the reason why the crowd was less 

If I was to guesstimate I would say typical crowds this season have been 1200-1500. Last night was probably 900-1000

1 minute ago, StarBoy said:

If I was to guesstimate I would say typical crowds this season have been 1200-1500. Last night was probably 900-1000

Yeah I’d say the same mate, I think our crowds this year have been much bigger than the last couple of years. Maybe the few extra Peterborough fans has bulked us out a little bit more… but definitely no need to panic about the crowd last night and the fact we’re starting to do better now the crowds will only increase if anything 

14 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

That's good news, crowd looked very low, hopefully that was Eurosport's poor camerawork. 

11 minutes ago, proud panther said:

That's good news, crowd looked very low, hopefully that was Eurosport's poor camerawork. 

Very poor coverage camera work awful punditry awful full of basic errors :rolleyes::(:nono:

12 hours ago, 40-38 said:

Commentary suggested he had nowhere to go because the Lynn rider ( Rowe?) leaned over him going into turn 1. Not sure whether that could be deemed as an excuse but otherwise I don’t know why he wasn’t excluded.

If that was case should be all 4 back 

Hard to call after race result allready awarded 

• Like 1

Great win for the Stars some good racing as well - Jan Kvech looks a useful signing on a 6 average great debut - Basso and Wojdylo need splitting up though both seem to get in each others way both wanting the same line - good all round performance and a great win .

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Very poor coverage camera work awful punditry awful full of basic errors :rolleyes::(:nono:

Lack of research from Tatum really does irritate me. Don't think he mentioned that Magic was returning to a track he'd ridden before but was happy to wax lyrical about Riss getting to the finals of a complete different discipline - several times! He does have a soft spot for young Erik! 

Didn't know Kvech had ridden in the UK before, they can't even read numbers on the back of kevlars to know who is in a race. 

It isn't hard to do a bit of prep for one meet a fortnight even in a busy GP month. Everyone seems to be going on well, no matter how poor they've been riding.

As for the coverage, isn't Brando in the production office? Surely he's been around the sport long enough to know what works and doesn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Definitely down because of being on TV,always is.There is normally 6/7 of us go each week,yesterday there was only 2.

• Like 2