British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Oxford 17/06/24

18 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Did klint break the tapes in heat 14 ? 

Yes I think he did. And the camera went close up onto Schroek and Phil Morris, both protesting most vociferously! 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Yes I think he did. And the camera went close up onto Schroek and Phil Morris, both protesting most vociferously! 

To me it looked like they come undone (the bottom knot) rather than him breaking them however it looked like he moved and wasn't he already on a warning? 

On 6/18/2024 at 5:23 PM, Colinspeedway said:

To me it looked like they come undone (the bottom knot) rather than him breaking them however it looked like he moved and wasn't he already on a warning? 

But what was Morris doing? Was he present in his capacity as CEO of the Premiership? If so, he was being a very naughty boy by taking the side of Oxford by making a visible and audible protest. The man needs to calm down on the evidence of his behaviour in Sweden on Saturday and at KL on Monday, for his own good.

I watched the recording today, not a bad meeting with some good racing BUT what an appalling dump of a stadium and track. Crowd look very low but maybe TV had an effect. This doesn’t promote the sport in a positive way that people would want to go and watch speedway. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

But what was Morris doing? Was he present in his capacity as CEO of the Premiership? If so, he was being a very naughty boy by taking the side of Oxford by making a visible and audible protest. The man needs to calm down on the evidence of his behaviour in Sweden on Saturday and at KL on Monday, for his own good.

Yes I agree he certainly shouldn't be reacting like that in his role. Looked like he was taking Oxford's side. Although he was also getting involved with the talk around Boughen going over the white line. What happened in Sweden I can't recall anything obvious? 

2 hours ago, Colinspeedway said:

Yes I agree he certainly shouldn't be reacting like that in his role. Looked like he was taking Oxford's side. Although he was also getting involved with the talk around Boughen going over the white line. What happened in Sweden I can't recall anything obvious? 

He was getting too involved with the track work, at one point running around with a shovel, when there was no need to. There were ample staff and he could have been in control without needing to go around like a blue arsed fly. He'll end up in hospital unless he calms down.

On 6/18/2024 at 5:23 PM, Colinspeedway said:

It also looked to me like the bottom tape had come undone and I think they were attracting the track staff to do something about it before the riders came round after the first lap.  The camera clearly showed a member of the track staff holding up the end of the tape for the rest of the race, I wonder how he reached it without going onto the track, perhaps he has long arms.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

I watched the recording today, not a bad meeting with some good racing BUT what an appalling dump of a stadium and track. Crowd look very low but maybe TV had an effect. This doesn’t promote the sport in a positive way that people would want to go and watch speedway. 

sorry i cant take anyone that supports two teams seriously. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

The track was nice and smooth, and consistent, and as you say "with some good racing", yet the track was a "dump" Which one was it:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The track was nice and smooth, and consistent, and as you say "with some good racing", yet the track was a "dump" Which one was it:unsure:

This poster has got a massive issue with Buster Chapman and consequently the stadium he owns. Best ignored.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Well at least races can be won from any of the FOUR gates unlike a dump called "Howlertune"

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/20/2024 at 11:19 AM, Bagpuss said:

This poster has got a massive issue with Buster Chapman and consequently the stadium he owns. Best ignored.

I think your right there Baggy. I do find it hard to ignore people that don't give a valid reason though. I like to give them a chance to explain why there not a troll. And their reason for such hate:)

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 6/17/2024 at 8:28 PM, Hawk127 said:

Who knows what the ref was doing. Not a lot of atmosphere as far as fans are concerned and those that ride on Poland must wonder why they bother with the UK when you look at the sparse attendance when compared to the Polish scene. If only a UK broadcaster would show Polish league matches, it might encourage more u k onlookers to go to a league match in this country which might help build numbers through the turnstiles 

Absolutely no chance of Polish Speedway being televised live on any kind of main stream channel... most of them don't even want to know British speedway so there's no way they're going to show a league of a minority sport where you can't even pronounce most of the competitors names. 

As for atmosphere, the camera did cut to a small group of fans and there was one young woman clapping, everybody around her had their heads buried in their programmes filling them in. Controversial, but I'd ban programmes at speedway meetings they're an absolute atmosphere killer. How many times have you seen a great race and when the rider does come round for some applause, you look around you and everybody is filling their programme in!!! I know it's an extra income for clubs though. Do they have programmes in Poland?

On 6/17/2024 at 9:00 PM, AceBelle said:

shroek uselss not the 1st time he has messed up 

At times it seems like he's been to the Mark Lemon school of speedway management!

On 6/20/2024 at 9:03 AM, hammer1969 said:

It also looked to me like the bottom tape had come undone and I think they were attracting the track staff to do something about it before the riders came round after the first lap.  The camera clearly showed a member of the track staff holding up the end of the tape for the rest of the race, I wonder how he reached it without going onto the track, perhaps he has long arms.

It's amazing what people want to see isn't it,  it was quite obvious, yet some want any excuse to have a pop at Morris who has done so much to improve the sport in this country recently. 

What happened to the centre green clock at Lynn, they seemed to be using clock replacement by the start marshal telling each rider individually how much time was left. Again, so many free loaders in the pits, all in full view of the camera, hanging over the barriers in the paddock where the riders wait to come on track, this needs sorting. 

Good win for Lynn as others have said if Musielak comes back they're going to be dangerous spoilers.

Solid debut for Kvech :t:

Edited by iainb

6 hours ago, iainb said:

Again, so many free loaders in the pits, all in full view of the camera, hanging over the barriers in the paddock where the riders wait to come on to the track.⁷

Are you sure they weren't the fans that have paid to come in.They have barriers there so they can get the full view of the pits and the riders as they come onto the track.I had a little look of the meeting when I got in and they were the only ones I saw on the barriers.

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Are you sure they weren't the fans that have paid to come in.They have barriers there so they can get the full view of the pits and the riders as they come onto the track.I had a little look of the meeting when I got in and they were the only ones I saw on the barriers.

No, I'm not sure. The pits is no place for fans though

1 hour ago, iainb said:

No, I'm not sure. The pits is no place for fans though

Fans aren't in the pits, they are outside looking in over a metal barrier. Gives a really good view of the home riders. 

• Like 1