British Speedway Forum

Workington (47) v Plymouth (43)

But you wouldn’t say that if it was Poole or Plymouth doing it.so the bspa should do something about it but there spineless so won’t and I’m big enough to say maybe lately there has been a case they should have looked. At track prep at Plymouth, but what Workington are doing with there reason is laughing at fans and sticking two fingers up to the authorities as they no they won’t do nothing about it.

Got to agree with your points,  but as said decision made and move on, it's doing no favors to anybody trying to guess what may or may not be behind the decision.  Yes I have had a go at Plymouth and others, but the situation was played out right in front of me at Plymouth or on BSN 

17 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

But you wouldn’t say that if it was Poole or Plymouth doing it.so the bspa should do something about it but there spineless so won’t and I’m big enough to say maybe lately there has been a case they should have looked. At track prep at Plymouth, but what Workington are doing with there reason is laughing at fans and sticking two fingers up to the authorities as they no they won’t do nothing about it.

Get your violins out lads!!!! 

18 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

would you come up for this meeting if it was on  or go on the updates for meeting info . be honest .

Be interesting how many Plymouth (or poole) fans turn up on a relatively easy day to travel on a Saturday no work to miss. Unlike when myself and around 25 others from Workington travelled mid week to Plymouth and Poole 

17 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

would you come up for this meeting if it was on  or go on the updates for meeting info . be honest .

I would follow on updates you asked me to be honest and as honesty is being asked for if it was the Ben fund meeting tomorrow would it also have been cancelled?

10 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I would follow on updates you asked me to be honest and as honesty is being asked for if it was the Ben fund meeting tomorrow would it also have been cancelled?

Just out of interest I have a mate from my navy days who lives in egremont and he keeps going on at me to visit he says it’s about 20-30 mins from Workington is he winding me up or if true then I might try and take in both things when rearranged 

29 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

i can see ( from here  ) you are a honest person . sort of .

i cannot answer your question about the Ben Fund meeting 

Edited by j2ohh

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Meeting off due to weather (football ) end of. move on see you all at the Ben fund meeting :t:

Nah, sorry,

But not buying this, weather has been great here today, odd shower tomorrow would of made a great race track.

Shouldn't be calling a meeting off due to football.

Unprofessional 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Midget said:

Nah, sorry,

But not buying this, weather has been great here today, odd shower tomorrow would of made a great race track.

Unprofessional 

It least someone is being honest, thank you.

46 minutes ago, Neila said:

Be interesting how many Plymouth (or poole) fans turn up on a relatively easy day to travel on a Saturday no work to miss. Unlike when myself and around 25 others from Workington travelled mid week to Plymouth and Poole 

Why should we travel when you call meetings off when the forecast is good. Also I have 2 jobs on a Saturday lol. How do you think places are open on the weekend if no one works? 

31 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Just out of interest I have a mate from my navy days who lives in egremont and he keeps going on at me to visit he says it’s about 20-30 mins from Workington is he winding me up or if true then I might try and take in both things when rearranged 

Yes Egremont is 30 minutes away from northside GT tyres arena,  so worth coming up for both, and spend time in the lakes as well, as said probably won't need time off work (if your not retired) on a weekend  as well.

Forecast for today & tomorrow, looked fine. Of course if the track had already taken a lot of water & can't be raced on, that's fine, but mentioning the forecast as a reason for a postponement when it looks ok, leaves people to be suspicious & doubt the reasons given.

Would have been better off to say, postponed due to a waterlogged track. If it's not waterlogged, then shouldn't have been called off.

55 minutes ago, Midget said:

Nah, sorry,

Unprofessional 

How refreshing take note people in authority of speedway 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Why should we travel when you call meetings off when the forecast is good. Also I have 2 jobs on a Saturday lol. How do you think places are open on the weekend if no one works? 

Who cares.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours after the postponement & the match is still advertised on the British Speedway website. If it was called off early to save on travelling / hotel bills etc perhaps they should get on to the BSPL to ensure the website is up to date.

Similar thing happened when King's Lynn called off a meeting, left on the website for a long time after. For a "professional" sport, it's not good enough.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

If it stops you from talking can only be a win-win :drink:

Even though you know full well @Bagpuss wasn't even talking about me, he quoted a Worky fan lol. Doesn't seem to stop your obsession though! 

I will still post when and where I want to, so if you are trying to make me stop I would give up if I were you as it is a waste of time :D

How did you know I was referring to you? Guilty conscience?