British Speedway Forum

Workington (47) v Plymouth (43)

Glad it’s hammering down. If any club should be afforded some leeway its Workington.

First year in the second league, had their star rider injured in horrific circumstances earlier this week and clearly the place to be for up and coming youngsters.

were they not also running speedway/sport evenings in the gazebo before they  were burgled by the lovely caravan folk. 

this forum is mental, club does all the right things and gets hammered for rightly calling a meeting that probably would have cost them thousands, early, and everyone’s ready to stick the knife in.

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Just out of interest I have a mate from my navy days who lives in egremont and he keeps going on at me to visit he says it’s about 20-30 mins from Workington is he winding me up or if true then I might try and take in both things when rearranged 

From egremont to track willbe less than 20 miles 

I lived in egremont about 20 years ago

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Nope, you always call me that lol.

You do realise by talking about me and replying to me, it will just make me post more. The one thing you are complaining about! :drink:

You can't change the habit of a lifetime, you posted loads before I commented about you. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

So when is missing vissing back from his holidays ? Asking for a friend …

So are you saying that the reason the problem exists, is because Vissing was refusing to ride, because he had "booked his holidays" for last Sat ?

3 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

So when is missing vissing back from his holidays ? Asking for a friend …

Vissing missing so no wonder they were so keen to cancel as they would only be allowed a nl guest,still it's Workington so I guess that's ok. Imagine if Plymouth did that when we had to use jason garad as a guest for Kyle Newman when he attended a wedding,,in the bsn meeting against Poole. The bsf would have gone into meltdown. Hopefully bspl investigate this and apply the same rules as they did for kings Lynn.

• Like 1

was the Plymouth fixture an orignal fixture or was it a rearranged fixture  ?

i dont think we would have missed his usual 4/5 points score at home  . been a bit off of late .

Edited by j2ohh

6 minutes ago, lewy said:

Rearranged,original date was June 15th. 

was that rained off or something else  ?

17 minutes ago, lewy said:

You're a Workington supporter aren't you?

if its on , i go . if its off . i dont  i dont buy/get programmes  . cant seem to find it on the worky site . will try Plymouths dite .

maybe claus had a wee holiday planned for that date as well ..!

Edited by j2ohh

5 hours ago, lewy said:

Vissing missing so no wonder they were so keen to cancel as they would only be allowed a nl guest,still it's Workington so I guess that's ok. Imagine if Plymouth did that when we had to use jason garad as a guest for Kyle Newman when he attended a wedding,,in the bsn meeting against Poole. The bsf would have gone into meltdown. Hopefully bspl investigate this and apply the same rules as they did for kings Lynn.

There is no rule that requires teams to use a NL guest. If Vissing was missing for a holiday they'd be allowed a 75% guest, not sure of he'd get a 14/28 day ban though?

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

There is no rule that requires teams to use a NL guest. If Vissing was missing for a holiday they'd be allowed a 75% guest, not sure of he'd get a 14/28 day ban though?

No ban as its a rearranged fixture