British Speedway Forum

National League Riders Championship-Poole Stadium, Weds 26th June.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Excellent meeting tonight on a very good track with no dust until the final couple of heats. Extremely well watered with plenty of dirt made for a trick first few heats but after about heat 4 the track produced some very good races.

A special mention for a couple of riders who were quite excellent. Vinnie Foord who really should have captured third place but dropped points in a nasty fall with a do or die swoop in his last down the back straight. He flipped and went cartwheeling into the fence and was lucky to walk away. Some of his passing was excellent and if he could gate we would have a very good up and coming young rider. 

Also worthy of a mention is Sonny Springer, the youngest rider on show tonight. He had never ridden the track before but he won his last two races and looked fast and stylish. A rider to look out for.

The meeting went down to a runoff between Jake Mulford who had been excellent tonight, and only beaten by Foord, as was Sam Hagon who also only dropped a point to Foord. But the runoff was decided down the back straight of lap one when Hagon got his head in front and after that it was never in doubt. The U21 British Champ can now add the NLRC title to his honors. Well done to Mulford for a battling performance. 

A good nights entertainment.

Shovlar you must be the "turd polishing champion of Dorset ":rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Enjoyed this meeting, track was heavy to start with but trying to get water into track on one the hottest days of year was always going to be challenging.

Once the top surface was turned over in first 4 races produced an entertaining meeting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

How do you work that out when they moved down to save money lol

Hmm, missed out the context there I see. Also I don't envy anyone trying to prepare a track when it has been 27c last 3 days, and can't remember last time it rained. Easy to criticise though isn't it when you are not the one doing it? Not like Plymouth would be any better though tbf. 

Moved down to save money which proves exactly what I said, they paid riders over the top wages in the past. Anyway not a great advert for speedway all round.

• Haha 1

From official Leicester Speedway:

"Congratulations to Lions Rising Star Sam Hagon who won the first event in the new National League Riders' Development Series at Poole tonight!"

From BSPL site:

"POOLE reserve Sam Hagon took victory in the club’s NDL Individual event at Wimborne Road after a run-off with Jake Mulford"

note: "club's NDL individual event"

So not the NDLRC then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Moved down to save money which proves exactly what I said, they paid riders over the top wages in the past. Anyway not a great advert for speedway all round.

Poole have never payed over the top, riders come to Poole because they know they are getting payed on time, and are always there or there abouts when the trophys are handed out 

26 minutes ago, arnieg said:

From official Leicester Speedway:

"Congratulations to Lions Rising Star Sam Hagon who won the first event in the new National League Riders' Development Series at Poole tonight!"

From BSPL site:

"POOLE reserve Sam Hagon took victory in the club’s NDL Individual event at Wimborne Road after a run-off with Jake Mulford"

note: "club's NDL individual event"

So not the NDLRC then?

I've always said it wasn't the NDLRC, despite Poole wanting to call it that.

Kind of a shame they are calling it that only because the NDLRC wasn't going to be held this year.

There's gonna be clubs finishing the season early if they don't make the play-offs, ideally one of these clubs would hold the actual NDLRC in September.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

It doesn't prove anything unless you have their contracts where it says how much they are getting paid! 

Seems Vinnie's injury worse than first thought and has a fractured wrist. 

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Kind of a shame they are calling it that only because the NDLRC wasn't going to be held this year.

There's gonna be clubs finishing the season early if they don't make the play-offs, ideally one of these clubs would hold the actual NDLRC in September.

There was quote a discussion between a couple of refs last night and their conclusion was it is National Developement League Ruders Championship.

Don't shoot the messenger

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Catalan said:

There was quote a discussion between a couple of refs last night and their conclusion was it is National Development League Riders Championship.

I know it wasn't the NDLRC, even if the referee said to me it was, I'd tell him he's wrong.

Trying to remember the last time a 3.00 NL reserve 2 matches into his career qualified for the NDLRC -_-

The biggest hint that it wasn't the NDLRC, is the long discussion forum users have been having about it. I cannot remember a single season from 94-23 where there was ever a question of "is this the league riders championship"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It doesn't prove anything unless you have their contracts where it says how much they are getting paid! 

Sad news for Vinny. Maybe give Max Perry another chance?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Catalan said:

There was quote a discussion between a couple of refs last night and their conclusion was it is National Developement League Ruders Championship.

Who cares what it was called 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

What other reason is there? Only rider demands go up every year nothing else does. I know for fact what a few riders have got paid in the past at other clubs and they weren't on the level that poole use to be. 

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

No play offs his year!!

4 hours ago, Skodaman said:

No play offs his year!!

Mainly referring to Championship clubs. With only 11 guaranteed home fixtures, clubs that don't make later rounds would have plenty room to fit in the NDLRC.

It's a shame clubs aren't fighting each other to host it.

Edited by szkocjasid