British Speedway Forum

National League Riders Championship-Poole Stadium, Weds 26th June.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

If the host promotion is taking the financial risk (rather than it being a 'shared' event) 

You're correct in this bit that Poole are hosting this meeting.    (It's not a shared event like the NDLRC is).

It's clear in the regulations sent to the NDL clubs that this is not the NDLRC and is not a shared event.   It is a Poole promoted meeting to meet the obligation that all clubs have to either run NDL, a programme of second halves, or a meeting in this series.

The regulations sent out to competitors say the meeting is as per SR 013.2

The 6 NDL clubs have been asked to nominate 2 riders each, with Poole as hosts of this round choosing the 4 wildcards.   This will be the same for every round.   

Poole are being naughty by trying to devalue the other rounds and claiming this to be more important than the others.

The SCB should step in and clarify to fans that this is only one Development Series round, just like the one at Leicester etc.    

But we know that the SCB don't really care about the National League, so they'll keep quiet and let people continue to be confused.

The British, European and World National Development, Premiership, and Championship League's Championship...

Round 1

("No! Scrub that bit")...

3 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

You're correct in this bit that Poole are hosting this meeting.    (It's not a shared event like the NDLRC is).

It's clear in the regulations sent to the NDL clubs that this is not the NDLRC and is not a shared event.   It is a Poole promoted meeting to meet the obligation that all clubs have to either run NDL, a programme of second halves, or a meeting in this series.

The regulations sent out to competitors say the meeting is as per SR 013.2

The 6 NDL clubs have been asked to nominate 2 riders each, with Poole as hosts of this round choosing the 4 wildcards.   This will be the same for every round.   

Poole are being naughty by trying to devalue the other rounds and claiming this to be more important than the others.

The SCB should step in and clarify to fans that this is only one Development Series round, just like the one at Leicester etc.    

But we know that the SCB don't really care about the National League, so they'll keep quiet and let people continue to be confused.

All Poole updates state "National Development League Riders Championship", (with race format as stipulated by SCB). Riders' names have been published, so personally I don't see any issue!  People will attend....or not!  Should be a decent meeting but then nobody can guarantee that - as with any other speedway!!;)

56 minutes ago, stevehone said:

it's a good lineup and should be a good meeting, so doesn't really matter 

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

All Poole updates state "National Development League Riders Championship", (with race format as stipulated by SCB). Riders' names have been published, so personally I don't see any issue!  People will attend....or not!  Should be a decent meeting but then nobody can guarantee that - as with any other speedway!!;)

I don't think anyone has commented that it won't be a good match etc, just that it should be correctly advertised.

If the name doesn't matter, why not call it the Jubilee league final so Poole can say they held their leg :rofl:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think anyone has commented that it won't be a good match etc, just that it should be correctly advertised.

If the name doesn't matter, why not call it the Jubilee league final so Poole can say they held their leg :rofl:

Ho ho ho!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

There is NO race format stipulated as the NDLRC is not covered by the Speedway Regulations 2024 or by Supplementary Regulations.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 10:05 AM, andout said:

What date is the Edinburgh meeting, can't find it anywhere.....even on the Edinburgh site.

It was listed (as Caledonian Riders Champ) but has now disappeared, presumably as a result of other rescheduling. I imagine it will reappear later in the season

11 minutes ago, arnieg said:

It was listed (as Caledonian Riders Champ) but has now disappeared, presumably as a result of other rescheduling. I imagine it will reappear later in the season

Was it not also listed as an 'intermediate' meeting?

3 hours ago, edmon said:

There is NO race format stipulated as the NDLRC is not covered by the Speedway Regulations 2024 or by Supplementary Regulations.

REGULATIONS: NATIONAL LEAGUE RIDERS DEVELOPMENT SERIES

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19, 2024

THE following extract from the SCB Regulations confirms the qualifying criteria for the National League Riders Development series:

013.2.1 Qualifying Criteria
Each National Development League team must declare 2 riders from their Team Declaration plus 4 wild card riders and 2 reserves who are eligible to particate in the National Development League, selected by the staging promotion.

013.2.2 Race Format
The 16 rider, 20 Heat format is utilised. Any ties for the top 3 positions after Heat 20 will result in a run off.

013.2.3 Racing Regulations
All starting offences will result in disqualification and a reserve (if there is more than 1 reserve then the reserves will alternate) will take the disqualified riders place. Reserves may take a maximum of 5 rides, with all points scored counting towards final classification.
The method for deciding the hierarchy will be as per these Regulations.
This system will also be used if a meeting is abandoned after the completion of heat 12, the result will stand at the last point when all riders had taken the same number of rides.

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

But it isn’t the NDLRC, so Poole shouldn’t claim it is! 

Would you be happy attending a league fixture (with advertised line-ups) and winning 46-44 and going home thinking you’ve got 2 league points, only to find out actually it was a KOC fixture and only a 2 point win has knocked your team out? No of course not! We all enjoy watching racing, but it really does matter what we actually are watching!

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

REGULATIONS: NATIONAL LEAGUE RIDERS DEVELOPMENT SERIES

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19, 2024

THE following extract from the SCB Regulations confirms the qualifying criteria for the National League Riders Development series:

013.2.1 Qualifying Criteria
Each National Development League team must declare 2 riders from their Team Declaration plus 4 wild card riders and 2 reserves who are eligible to particate in the National Development League, selected by the staging promotion.

013.2.2 Race Format
The 16 rider, 20 Heat format is utilised. Any ties for the top 3 positions after Heat 20 will result in a run off.

013.2.3 Racing Regulations
All starting offences will result in disqualification and a reserve (if there is more than 1 reserve then the reserves will alternate) will take the disqualified riders place. Reserves may take a maximum of 5 rides, with all points scored counting towards final classification.
The method for deciding the hierarchy will be as per these Regulations.
This system will also be used if a meeting is abandoned after the completion of heat 12, the result will stand at the last point when all riders had taken the same number of rides.

Read the Title - IT IS NOT THE NDLRC

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, edmon said:

Read the Title - IT IS NOT THE NDLRC

Development Series?! Rider Championship?! Same riders - what's the problem?:o most of those attending (mainly regular Poole fans) won't give 2 hoots.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Development Series?! Rider Championship?! Same riders - what's the problem?:o

Same riders - not same event. Big difference.

One has been staged every year since 1994 (bar 2000 and 2001) in one form or another and carries some cachet with former winners such as Tai Woffinden and Dan Bewley. The other is a completely new and unheralded series, and this is only one event of said series.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, stevehone said:

is this even part of the series?

According to the BSPL website Poole are staging the first round of the series on the same date as Poole are advertising a meeting as the National League Riders Championship. 

It appears that the BSPL need to sort out exactly what is being run at Poole on 26th June and then make sure ALL adverts show the correct details. 

This situation just shows what a set of clowns are running the sport, can you imagine other professional sports allowing a club to advertise an event as one thing while the overall organisation advertised it as something else.

Personally I would love to attend this meeting, whatever the truth about what is being staged. Sadly the last train back to London now leaves around 9pm whereas before COVID it was just after 10pm. I can't afford a hotel and travelling back the following day adds nearly 70% to the cost of the rail tickets.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

According to the BSPL website Poole are staging the first round of the series on the same date as Poole are advertising a meeting as the National League Riders Championship. 

It appears that the BSPL need to sort out exactly what is being run at Poole on 26th June and then make sure ALL adverts show the correct details. 

This situation just shows what a set of clowns are running the sport, can you imagine other professional sports allowing a club to advertise an event as one thing while the overall organisation advertised it as something else.

Personally I would love to attend this meeting, whatever the truth about what is being staged. Sadly the last train back to London now leaves around 9pm whereas before COVID it was just after 10pm. I can't afford a hotel and travelling back the following day adds nearly 70% to the cost of the rail tickets.

Oh well!!  One would think that members of the BSPL Executive Board (cough - Dan Ford) would know what's what and do their best to maximise promotion of the meeting?

He states in the SS today ' Some clubs have chosen to run a one-off individual meeting but are not part of a series. Each one is it's own standalone meeting and ours is billed NDLRC because I got permission to call it that!'

Bearing in mind Poole can't run a NDL level team due to stadium costs, I guess the majority of local fans attending will just be happy to see a meeting featuring some riders with current or previous Poole connections.  20 heats - with run-offs if required -  plus a 'winner' to be 'crowned', all for £15 max - whats not to like?!:P

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

If what has been reported in Speedway Star is true then the BSPL needs to get their act together and advertise the meeting correctly. As I said above the sport appears to be run by clowns and sadly they are not at all funny.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Chris116 said:

If what has been reported in Speedway Star is true then the BSPL needs to get their act together and advertise the meeting correctly. As I said above the sport appears to be run by clowns and sadly they are not at all funny.

So now that the riders have been announced, whatever the meeting is called, will that affect attendance or people buying the PooleTV stream then?  Just asking?

Edited by Skidder1

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So now that the riders have been announced, whatever the meeting is called, will that affect attendance or people buying the PooleTV stream then?  Just asking?

I was going to buy the stream with it being the first round, but with Poole being rather shady in their false advertising, I'll probably save my money and buy one of the other rounds. Give my money to a more honest club