British Speedway Forum

National League Riders Championship-Poole Stadium, Weds 26th June.

2 hours ago, KK62 said:

Nice and central for the fans , no time off required for those that work……I typed sarcastically.

Even the majority of the competitors will be out of pocket.

Interesting to see the line up

2 hours ago, KK62 said:

Nice and central for the fans , no time off required for those that work……I typed sarcastically.

Where else do you want Poole to hold the Poole round?

Poole will presumably choose 4 southern riders as the wild cards, When Leicester stage their round, they'll probably pick 4 Leicester riders as wildcards, when Redcar stage their round they'll pick 4 Northern Middlesbrough riders as the wildcards, and the same at any other rounds.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Poole will presumably choose 4 southern riders as the wild cards, When Leicester stage their round, they'll probably pick 4 Leicester riders as wildcards, when Redcar stage their round they'll pick 4 Northern Middlesbrough riders as the wildcards, and the same at any other rounds.

This is the one-off riders championship that is hosted annually. It’s not the development series that is new this season and is supposedly around the country at multiple tracks, but so far Leicester are the only club to announce a date. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

This is the one-off riders championship that is hosted annually. It’s not the development series that is new this season and is supposedly around the country at multiple tracks, but so far Leicester are the only club to announce a date. 

Edinburgh announced a date for theirs (listed as the Caledonian Riders Champ)

• Like 1

The NDL Riders Championship is being held over a number of rounds at different tracks, although the only rounds I know of so far are Poole, Leicester and Edinburgh. 

The first round is at Poole.  

Edited by PotteringAround

22 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

The NDL Riders Championship is being held over a number of rounds at different tracks, although the only rounds I know of so far are Poole, Leicester and Edinburgh. 

You're thinking of the National League Riders Development Series, which - as @Islander15 said - is different from the National Development League Riders' Championship - easy to get them confused, mind. The latter is a one-off meeting at Poole.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Nope, Poole are advertising this as hosting the National League Riders Championships as a one off meeting as is usually the case. 

Leicester (and it appears Edinburgh too if their Caledonian Riders Champs is doubling as 2 competitions) are the only club(s) to announce rounds of the National League Development Series. Here is the link of dates (which only shows Leicester) https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2024-ndlrc-series/ Originally they said clubs who aren’t running a NL venture would have to have a round of the Series or run second halves, but it doesn’t seem like that is being made mandatory. Unless clubs are going to start announcing dates at short notice like Poole have. 

Edited by Islander15

Nope, Poole are advertising this as hosting the National League Riders Championships as a one-off meeting

Sounds like someone in the Poole press office has got themselves confused then.

The NDLRC is over a number of rounds.  The first being at Poole. 

16 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

It's the ndlrc it's even in the major events as that on the speedway gb site the series is separate 

Edited by mc131

Could / should be a strong line up with top two from each side plus 4 wild cards to suit home interest.....in reality many won't fancy it and a 3rd of the field will be made up of reserves, like many others this used to be a real flagship event that i would seldom miss but not anymore

22 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

I don't think it's the Poole press office that's confused!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Poole are the third track to announce a date, after Leicester and Edinburgh. There is no one-off championship this season, it's a series. Poole were one of the teams obliged to hold a round. 

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

The NDLRC is over a number of rounds. The first being at Poole. 

15 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Poole are the third track to announce a date, after Leicester and Edinburgh. There is no one-off championship this season, it's a series. Poole were one of the teams obliged to hold a round. 

I think you are both confused.

Poole are holding the NLRC which is a one-off meeting.

The meetings at Edinburgh & Leicester are part of the development series. But these are still singular events, they don't carry the scores for an overall winner.

Even if the Poole have announced it incorrectly & the NLRC is part of the development series, it's still a "one-off" event, with a winner declared on the night.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Its the nlrc championship its not the series its on the British speedway site in the fixtures which show they are separate events 

19 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Your quite right….. Ive got it wrong as I thought it was THE Riders FINAL , sorry…….but the advertising is very, very misleading and I have no idea which other clubs are holding rounds of this competition. 

1 hour ago, KK62 said:

Your quite right….. Ive got it wrong as I thought it was THE Riders FINAL , sorry…….but the advertising is very, very misleading and I have no idea which other clubs are holding rounds of this competition. 

It's very confusing, they have announced they're holding the Riders Championship, but the description sounds more like a development series meeting?

• Like 1