British Speedway Forum

Gorzow GP Saturday 29th June

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

And. You get to see lots and lots of Phil....

Mmmmmmm, lovely...

Did you watch quali? He was at his authoritative demanding best :wub:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Black Leathers...

Monkey masks...

2 valve engines..

3 shilling to get in, and still have enough for 20 Woodbine and a fish supper on the way home..

Keep your poxy Woodbine. I'll take TWO fish suppers...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

Did you watch quali? He was at his authoritative demanding best :wub:

Missed the pristine white shirt to be honest...

Curious to what happened to madsen in final, heard he put the wrong helmet colour on and then forgot to turn the fuel on, if this is true it’s shocking oversights at this level of racing, could he of been distracted by his estranged girlfriend being on the center of the track for the final ? 

4 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Curious to what happened to madsen in final, heard he put the wrong helmet colour on and then forgot to turn the fuel on, if this is true it’s shocking oversights at this level of racing, could he of been distracted by his estranged girlfriend being on the center of the track for the final ? 

If you're expecting any kind of in depth post meeting analysis and reaction, then sadly you're following the wrong sport :(

If Madsen fuel was not turned on in the final, and it looked like that was the case, then it’s not the first time lack of fuel has cost him big time.

2019 when he finished 2nd in the world just 2 points behind Zmarzlik. Can’t recall which round it was, but he was in 2nd place in a race when just coming round the final bend of a lap and his engine died. If I remember correctly it was not that his fuel wasn’t on but his tank had not been refilled from his previous race. Big mistake obviously. Two points in that race would have made the year end total the same as Zmarzlik. If a tie meant a run off as the last race of the year I would have put my money on Madsen as he had just won the Torun GP with 7 unbeaten rides, beating Zmarzlik in heat 5.

would be interesting to hear what did happen last night.

Edited by OveFundinFan

9 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I just watched replay, Madsen had a white helmet colour on at the start and he was on gate 3.

He was late getting his bike out of the pits box. Well behind the others, eating into his 2 minutes. Problem started there maybe? What though? Shame because he and his bike were “tuned in” at that stage of the meeting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mikebv said:

I think the pricing structure for the final is to subsidise the lack of people attending the other three meetings...

Big costs for four meetings to cover...

As a "one off", I would think somewhere between £35 to stand to £65 to sit would be around the cost... 

Which is why I don't understand the hosts being seeded to the final. Losing out on a second big crowd.

Even if the hosts don't make the final (not likely) there'd still be a good crowd.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Just watched the Holder fall in the semi final & think the ref made the correct decision. No contact & there was plenty room for Holder to carry on round the outside. Not sure why he fell tbh.

I agree with what you say.

When interviewed and asked “what do you thinks of the refs decision” (to exclude him) he said “no comment”.  Replays showed clearly showed he wasn’t touched.

10 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

WEF conspiracy I heard 

• Haha 1

It was shown what a complete waste of time qualifying is yesterday with the fastest finishing stone last in the GP.

Also, I wonder if there has been a GP season where the leader has been so far in front at the halfway stage?

Not enough has been said about how rubbishe the track was. Yes it was a blistering day but for a track to be that overwatered in Ht1 and a race-line 2cms from the air fence after one heat needs to be questioned. 

Vaculik in the Instagram Live said the track is very different from an Ekstraliga meeting and no advantage being a "home rider". Hancock even with his Monster/FIM love in said that the track is better in Ekstraliga and reading between the lines even in his conservative state was critical of the track. Can imagine that the SoN at Manchester will be slicker than a strippers bikini line. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mikebv said:

Black Leathers...

Monkey masks...

2 valve engines..

3 shilling to get in, and still have enough for 20 Woodbine and a fish supper on the way home..

You forgot about Second Half's and the Golden Helmet 

• Like 1