British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe vs Berwick - Championship - 7/6/24

2 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Is it not a stock car fence in behind

Yes, it's metal armco in front of a solid soil(?) bank. I assume there's a valid reason why it's not air fence on all bends?

2 hours ago, iainb said:

If they had a proper "safety" fence they might be able to get away with only having 1 ambulance more often

There is not a lot of give in that fence, it reacted like a solid wooden one 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shrimmy said:

What was the other ambulance in the pits for after the other one left..it’s always there so I don’t understand the massive delay 

Because there was only one doctor/paramedic there's usually two but one was unavailable this week sods law really they doctor had given Schlein some morphine so had to stay with Schlein for a certain length of time according to the BSN coverage.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I've spent more dead time "watching" speedway at or from Scunthorpe than any other track in the land. You shouldn't be coming away with broken bones and concussion from foam fences 

Don’t watch it then ? ,everyone knows you hate Scunthorpe with a passion and always breed negativity against the track , its promoter on the forum

• Like 7

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Harsh on Kemp, he’s done his job and more this season. How long are we going to stick with Hodder, and when was the last time he beat a rider.

I think it's not the Hodder's fault..... The way the league has been watered down, and with all the clubs tracking NL riders, it was always going to be too tough for some. Hodder is not the only one not scoring points.The young lad down at Poole. got let go last week due to being a out of his depth . Ace Piper should be, with a years experience under his belt be doing a tad better, but he's struggling But then at the other end of the spectrum you have Hagon and Boughen doing extremely well. If you were to drop Hodder, who would you replace him with? Another rider from the NL? Would they do any better? The league has been setup like this, so it was aways going to be on the cards that most would find it too tough stepping up a league. 

6 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Don’t watch it then ? ,everyone knows you hate Scunthorpe with a passion and always breed negativity against the track , its promoter on the forum

Your club, along with Plymouth, brings the whole sport down, if negative things didn't keep happening at Scunthorpe I wouldn't have to post about them... but if you get your jollies watching riders careers end, you fill your boots. I find it all rather sickening!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tyler42 said:

I think it's not the Hodder's fault..... The way the league has been watered down, and with all the clubs tracking NL riders, it was always going to be too tough for some. Hodder is not the only one not scoring points.The young lad down at Poole. got let go last week due to being an out of his depth . Ace Piper should be, with a years experience under his belt be doing a tad better, but he's struggling But then at the other end of the spectrum you have Hagon and Boughen doing extremely well. If you were to drop Hodder, who would you replace him with? Another rider from the NL? Would they do any better? The league has been setup like this, so it was aways going to be on the cards that most would find it too tough stepping up a league. 

He needs to be dropped for his own good, he’s shut off going into 1st bends for weeks now, everyone can see it. It’s a shame, as he was fantastic H&A to Workington in March. I would personally give Max Perry the opportunity, as the 3 times they’ve faced each other, Perry has beat him, simple as that really.

16 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

He needs to be dropped for his own good, he’s shut off going into 1st bends for weeks now, everyone can see it. It’s a shame, as he was fantastic H&A to Workington in March. I would personally give Max Perry the opportunity, as the 3 times they’ve faced each other, Perry has beat him, simple as that really.

Don’t see any point in dropping him.It’s not going to make any difference overall.IMO.It is alearning curve for him, chopping and changing 2pt men isn’t the answer.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I think Dickson missed a trick could have signed Vinnie Foord after the under 21 meeting, maybe tried but not successful,Hodder scored really well against Worky but since then the tracks been slick and has been useless 

9 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

I think Dickson missed a trick could have signed Vinnie Foord after the under 21 meeting, maybe tried but not successful,Hodder scored really well against Worky but since then the tracks been slick and has been useless 

Hodders first 2 meetings against Workington paid 16 points and sadly he has struggled since then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Your club, along with Plymouth, brings the whole sport down, if negative things didn't keep happening at Scunthorpe I wouldn't have to post about them... but if you get your jollies watching riders careers end, you fill your boots. I find it all rather sickening!

What a complete fool you are , speedway riders get inured daily on speedway tracks all over Europe .its the nature of the sport when 4 riders and machines come into contact during official meetings or  practice for racing .  The bikes now are faster then previous years, they  race on a track with shale on it with usually 4 riders coming into the first bend with a limited space for the machines so there is always going to be crashes and injuries . 
 I’ve watched racing at over 40 tracks in Britain over the years and the chances of serious injuries occurs at all of them .Your digs are always aimed at Scunthorpe or there promotion and is getting tedious 
 I would like to wish Rory all the best  in his recovery and hope to see him on a track soon as he has been a brilliant servant to British speedway and first watched him as a 16 year old at Sheffield.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, iainb said:

I've spent more dead time "watching" speedway at or from Scunthorpe than any other track in the land. You shouldn't be coming away with broken bones and concussion from foam fences 

From a Leicester fan

• Like 1
  • Haha 3